Queen's Park 2020/21

18 hours ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I see. Are you no longer developing Lesser? I'd you are, what's happening? Is it still the case that there will be no terracing?

Aye two stands. Overall 1700 capacity...maybe with a safe standing area, who knows? (any clarification on this)

Original aim was completion by January 2021 but construction obviously delayed for months.

19 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

I quite like the idea of watching Queen’s on the couch, close to the fridge and biscuit tin. 

I'm bad enough at games, f**k knows what damage I'd do to everything in the house.

7 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Aye two stands. Overall 1700 capacity...maybe with a safe standing area, who knows? (any clarification on this)

Original aim was completion by January 2021 but construction obviously delayed for months.

Do you need a 'safe standing' area in the lower leagues? Can't it just be conventional terracing? That would increase the capacity and the atmosphere.

8 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Do you need a 'safe standing' area in the lower leagues? Can't it just be conventional terracing? That would increase the capacity and the atmosphere.

Think we would all have loved that but the club has decided to build two stands initially ( still room for expansion behind the goals). I think quite a few of us will just stand up the back of the stand

No worries, I'll be happy with something that at least equates to the old Scotsport cameras but much better than waiting for the page to refresh on Ceefax.   
Given that our games have been getting filmed for the purposes of highlights for years, indeed Sean is usually there home and away doing his stuff, what would be the difference when it comes to streaming them live? Would the issue be updating the technology and the costs involved? 
Pretty sure the club can afford that no problem and it's the least they can attempt for season ticket holders and members who will have paid up front for the season. 

Sean has only been filming the games for a year, it was an external company that did it previously. My thinking is it would take more than one person to stream and film the game due to the logistics - I think it’s a mute point now though as unless disaster strikes we should be at games in October.

1 hour ago, NathanQP said:

Sean has only been filming the games for a year, it was an external company that did it previously. My thinking is it would take more than one person to stream and film the game due to the logistics - I think it’s a mute point now though as unless disaster strikes we should be at games in October.

Cheers for the info Nathan

If we don't have the resources to do it internally then the club might have to look at using an external company again for a short time. Then again, I bet you there would be more fans volunteering to help out on match days if it was the only way to see games. 

41 minutes ago, an86 said:

I still reckon there could be some issues for away games if it's capped. 

Oh aye, definitely harder to apply social distancing measures at small grounds with more terracing than seats. Everyone should have to wear a mask for starters.  

3 hours ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I think we've been down this discussion before, by law, any new build can't have a conventional terrace, that's why safe standing is being used instead. Maybe by the time work is complete the rules will have changed again. 😁

I expect to be at games especially as trial games in September with crowds are going ahead. We can easily get 1,000 socially distancing in Hampden
Seating 1000 people socially distanced at hampden isn't a problem, but some other clubs in the division may struggle to get anywhere near half that. Would the league (or the government?) put a cap on attendance across the whole division to try to keep things the same for all clubs?
Also, seating may be the easiest part, the challenge will be reducing the risk of spreading the virus elsewhere in stadiums, toilets, concession stands etc. 500 people all entering through 4 turnstiles may not be allowed (again not a problem at Hampden, but difficult at other grounds).
Also, not sure how they'd enforce it, but will singing or shouting be banned? Churches etc have been told they can't have people singing even wearing masks?

Plus how will the stewards frisk people from 2m away.

Much like building regulations, the current rules on safe standing (and a whole load of other safety issues) aren't applied retrospectively to older grounds, but any new builds/upgrades have to be done to the standards in force at the time of building.
I hope we do have a standing area (either when we move in or in a later expansion) but we won't be allowed anything like Ochilview or Cliftonhill.

45 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

Much like building regulations, the current rules on safe standing (and a whole load of other safety issues) aren't applied retrospectively to older grounds, but any new builds/upgrades have to be done to the standards in force at the time of building.
I hope we do have a standing area (either when we move in or in a later expansion) but we won't be allowed anything like Ochilview or Cliftonhill.

Isn't 'safe standing' where the seats can be locked, and capacity is the same? I thought lower league clubs would be allowed to build smaller terraces, as the propensity for crushing would be significantly less. Of course they wouldn't be packed like the old days, and would have crush barriers, exits and a fixed capacity following a safety inspection. 

Do you really want to be the club that ends up with a crushing incident due to the way you build a stadium in 2020. Safe standing is the way forward and hopefully the club gets the planning permission approved on that part.

Do you really want to be the club that ends up with a crushing incident due to the way you build a stadium in 2020. Safe standing is the way forward and hopefully the club gets the planning permission approved on that part.

I’ve honestly lost count of the amount of crush incidents on the gayfield terraces

18 hours ago, NathanQP said:

Safe standing is a misnomer, it's a different kind of seat.

Standing is safe, people do it all the time, the issue is capacity.and to don't need rail seating to resolve that. 

18 hours ago, NathanQP said:

I've never  experienced any crushing on any terracing at any away game. Much safer than jumping around in seated areas. I think "safe standing" is a lot of shite at our level but will accept it as don't have much choice. That's the road the club is going down. 

Edited by Mick1867

22 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

What are the current rules on (safe) standing? The SFA licensing document has no rules to prevent standing sections and the SPFL rules require a safety certificate for the ground. Given the council have allowed standing at Celtic Park (where everyone has a barrier in front of them) and other clubs have them - why could it not be allowed for QP?

On 24/08/2020 at 16:38, Reclusespider said:

I think we've been down this discussion before, by law, any new build can't have a conventional terrace, that's why safe standing is being used instead. Maybe by the time work is complete the rules will have changed again. 😁

What law does not allow a conventional terrace? (genuinely not heard about this so looking for a source for this info)

Edited by Ginaro

20 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

Also, not sure how they'd enforce it, but will singing or shouting be banned? Churches etc have been told they can't have people singing even wearing masks?

Heard plenty of shouting on the telly from the limited number of "hanger-ons" sitting in the stands wearing masks at the closed door games. Even heard some singing at the Champions league final (before they turned on the fake crowd noises)

On 24/08/2020 at 16:38, Reclusespider said:

I suppose you're right but the quite new Balmoral Stadium has terracing. Mind you that was built for the Highland League rather than the SPFL I suppose.