Queen's Park 2020/21

10 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Would doubt it very much. Firhill is a grass pitch and it would not stand up in the Scottish climate to game on it every week, unfortunately. Put your money on Hamilton, or here  is one out of the blue, the hockey stadium in the Glasgow Green.

The image is Somerset Park. Same argument on the surface though. 

14 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The image is Somerset Park. Same argument on the surface though. 

Yes but the article mentions this (obviously just the usual lazy paper talk)

"Rangers also looked into the possibility of using Firhill as it is much closer to their West End training base. 

However, homeless Queen’s Park could be set to groundshare with Partick Thistle next term while refurbishments at Lesser Hampden continue"

Edited by Mick1867

1 minute ago, Mick1867 said:

Yes but the article mentions this (obviously just the usual lazy paper talk)

"Rangers also looked into the possibility of using Firhill as it is much closer to their West End training base. 

However, homeless Queen’s Park could be set to groundshare with Partick Thistle next term while refurbishments at Lesser Hampden continue"

“Looked” suggested past-tense to me, as in not happening. It’s in sync with everything else that we don’t know is  or isn’t happening.

On 25/05/2021 at 10:49, Ben Reilly said:

Fair enough, I'm just being selfish as Hamilton is easier for me to get to.
I'd still happily take Firhill over Falkirk, or even Airdrie.

Actually, seeing as we have no idea what level of restrictions the SG may decide to have Glasgow in come July, we might be better off playing elsewhere for crowds and pubs. However who also knows what the travel guidance will be by then.

I think the aim was to get the whole of Scotland to level 0 by the end of June and that allows 2,000 fans minimum in stands ( 1,000 on terracing)...... if social distancing allows it of course. Surely allowing 12,000 at Hampden for four games next month means we won't be going backwards again 

Just now, Skol1867 said:

Craig Slater the first confirmed departure (from his Twitter). A very good player but just not available often enough to justify another contract. 

A shame really. If fit, he’d be starting every week no doubt about it but it was getting to a point where you just expected him to break down injured. 

Will be interesting to see where he ends up, can’t imagine full time teams would take a punt on him with that injury record 

5 minutes ago, Skol1867 said:

Craig Slater the first confirmed departure (from his Twitter). A very good player but just not available often enough to justify another contract. 

Makes you wonder how successful his recent operation was or what the recovery time is from it. 

Shame, but not a surprise. He was an exciting player. Will not forget his first goal in his first game against Cowdenbeath. That started the excitement for the future. He did not finish the game and sadly that has been his story ever since. Best of luck for the future Craig. The club were going to announce this when?????????

Are we the only team in the SPFL to have made zero announcements about departures/extensions/additions?

Craig Slater when fit was an absolute standout but as has been said it was an all too rare occurrence.

Absolutely vital that we add some creativity to the midfield this summer

9 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

who cares when you can buy a scarf?

image.png.bde5b567435e2afb65dd9b7468b8faf9.png

Contrary to the old proverb It seems you can actually make a silk style scarf out of a pig's ear of a stadium construction

17 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Are we the only team in the SPFL to have made zero announcements about departures/extensions/additions?

No, the majority of clubs have still said nothing at this point.

Here's a question I wonder if anyone on here can help with. Are Queens Park fan owned?
I was reading an article of the Supporters Direct Scotland website this morning about the 'fan bank' fund to help clubs that are transitioning to fan ownership. A number of clubs were listed as being fan owned (Clyde, Stirling Albion, Motherwell and most recently Morton, among others) but we were not on that list.
I was under the impression that the members owned the club, as we have no majority share holder or 'owner'.
Is that different to fan ownership and if so how?
I have no agenda here, and don't particularly advocate for or against fan ownership (in truth I don't fully understand all the details) I'm just genuinely intrigued about the difference between our model and the clubs that were listed.

10 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

😂😂😂 Do you work in Holyrood?

:lol: I only know that because I was looking through other Championship club threads and saw it mentioned in the Raith thread earlier.