Queen's Park 2020/21

Club legend. Lifting the trophy, that goal at Broadwood, countless other moments of brilliance. Not only a great player on the park, but a great guy. The work he does off the pitch is testament to that.

It probably is the right move for both parties. Early 30s and not starting as many games as he’d probably have liked last season. Couple that with the power of work he does off the park and it probably made this inevitable.

Wish him well and he’ll be welcome back at QP any time, probably never having to put his hand in his pocket in the club!

2 hours ago, Boris the Spider said:

Maybe not a shock but seriously gutted at this news. Thanks for everything David. I wonder who will be next?

Screenshot_20210605-084330_Facebook.jpg

Any word on where he's heading?

He's been one of my favourite players in the lower leagues for years and I'd love to have seen him at the Rock at some point. Not sure if League One would be a stretch for him now at 30 though?

25 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Any word on where he's heading?

He's been one of my favourite players in the lower leagues for years and I'd love to have seen him at the Rock at some point. Not sure if League One would be a stretch for him now at 30 though?

No idea but I think he will want part-time as he has other committments. Will want more regular games as well.

1 minute ago, Boris the Spider said:

No idea but I think he will want part-time as he has other committments. Will want more regular games as well.

If this was Football Manager I'd be flinging a contract his way in that case. If nothing else he's surely guaranteed a goal or two against you guys next season!

40 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

Hearing that we are signing Liam Brown from Edinburgh City. 

If that's the case, it would be welcome home young man as he came though our  youth system and left us too soon, to join Motherwell. Was included in a Scottish u/17 squad when he was with us.

20 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

If that's the case, it would be welcome home young man as he came though our  youth system and left us too soon, to join Motherwell. Was included in a Scottish u/17 squad when he was with us.

Agree wholeheartedly.  He had the chance of full time football and went for it. Hopefully now we can hang onto talented kids like this in the future.

2 hours ago, Boris the Spider said:

Aye, he was used fairly sparingly and I'm sure he feels he has a couple of years of full games in him. 

Love watching him; he has this natural elegance. And that goal ..........

Brown would be an interesting one. Bringing in younger guys who’ve got ability, but not quite stepped up for whatever reason, might be the way ahead if we’re looking to build a stable squad over a couple of years. 

I really like the idea of signing brown. He’s shown that he’s got the ability to play at a higher level from when he was previously at QP and a couple of decent years of playing regular football for Edinburgh will have helped him wonders from the physicality aspect of it. 

Only 22 years old aswell. That should be the profile of player we should be aspiring to bring in order to build a really strong core in the long term

Guest Peter LaFleur
10 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Fair play to the fridge magnate, his cheque book and young Liam himself. 40k fee, 10k signing-on bonus and £800 per week basic. Not the best negotiating from QP given Falkirk's offer was £550, but a very good signing nonetheless.

If that £800 figure is true. QP should be able to build a side to walk this league.