Queen's Park 2020/21

3 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

"Queen’s Park FC is today delighted to announce an agreement to play our home fixtures this season at Firhill Stadium, Glasgow."

Realistically, are we looking at construction of Lesser not being finished much before the start of the 21/22 season now? 

It was noticeably missing from the e mail. “This season” is either badly worded or the club’s in trouble. Or Haughey’s bought it for flats. Or Dempster has redesigned it to be more flexible for her great iniative. Whatever that is.

2 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

I think Firhill is the best of the available options. Hopefully it will be Firhill for thrills. 

Pray for a dry autumn.

Our pitch is in excellent condition these days. The drainage problems have been sorted.

Surely, you must prefer playing in Glasgow on grass rather than Lanarkshire on plastic.

Your rent will come in very useful so enjoy your stay at Estadio Firhill.

11 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Our pitch is in excellent condition these days. The drainage problems have been sorted.

Surely, you must prefer playing in Glasgow on grass rather than Lanarkshire on plastic.

Your rent will come in very useful so enjoy your stay at Estadio Firhill.

Thank you  - I prefer grass.  and Glasgow and glad to hear your drainage problems are a thing of the past.

Any rumours regarding incomings or just the squad in general? See a lot of teams making some decent signings and most have some sort of rumour regarding incomings. I’m going to assume no names as of yet for us ? 

5 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Put them on the bing with their picnic baskets and Pym's.

Do you mean Pimm’s?

If so that sounds brilliant!!

14 hours ago, qpfc said:

Any rumours regarding incomings or just the squad in general? See a lot of teams making some decent signings and most have some sort of rumour regarding incomings. I’m going to assume no names as of yet for us ? 

Maybe some potential signings waiting to see where we would be playing? And training? Might be health & safety restrictions at Lesser currently.

Our love-in with Thistle is already brightening our lives. According to this piece in the Glasgow Times about pitch conditions, the second paragraph notes that our stadium redevelopment delay is simply down to the pandemic. And as it’s written by a sports journalist that must be accurate, right?

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/19347877.gerry-britton-assures-partick-thistle-fans-firhill-turf-will-not-suffer-queens-park-groundshare/

I’ll be delighted if it is just that (although I doubt it) but if it is, why not just tell us that? The construction industry returned to work last July and in February this year the government wrote to all in the sector reminding everyone of the rules. Bell Building Projects seem to be still working elsewhere around Glasgow. Is it the pandemic or something else? Did the journo get it wrong or was he advised incorrectly?

https://www.bellbuildingprojects.co.uk/news/dalziel-group/

https://www.bellbuildingprojects.co.uk/news/baynes-the-family-bakery-hillington/

1 hour ago, NathanQP said:

Impressive facility. No doubt the playing staff will benefit and having both surfaces available should be an advantage. As it’s been getting used for the community programme seems likely Dempster has been involved. On the downside, even less opportunity for players and fans to mix.

Hopefully now the cork’s out we’ll get information flowing more regularly. Looking forward to the AGM and information on how the club is paying for all this.  Apart from rental costs, revenue from advertising will be gone.

But at least David’s absolutely delighted.

Think Lochinch had become a bit of an open secret given that we had been pictured and filmed there on a number of occasions. If the community side is going to take off, then Lesser isn’t going to be enough. We’ll probably need a number of facilities to work from. Credit where it’s due on some positive communication!

5 minutes ago, an86 said:

Think Lochinch had become a bit of an open secret given that we had been pictured and filmed there on a number of occasions. If the community side is going to take off, then Lesser isn’t going to be enough. We’ll probably need a number of facilities to work from. Credit where it’s due on some positive communication!

For once I agree with you young man. Well said.

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

For once I agree with you young man. Well said.

That’s a few times you’ve said that noo. Deeply alarming period for you!

I’ve no idea what the plan is, but Lochinch as the main centre and us possibly having hubs in other areas would make sense. Barlia would tick a lot of boxes. Castlemilk is a big catchment and generally working class area, where the club could make a genuine difference to kids from lower income families in terms of opportunities to play organised football.

I’d say a similar thing for Govanhill, perhaps involving Cathkin or Holyrood. A big diverse community and area where we can really make a difference. It’s always been my belief that the more we put into the community, and the more visible we are, the more we’ll benefit as a club as well.

There’s no point in asking people to come to us. We’re going to have to go into their areas, engage with them, and make ourselves part of these communities. I’m hopeful that this is what we will do.

On 03/06/2021 at 13:50, Bring Your Own Socks said:

. Or Dempster has redesigned it to be more flexible for her great iniative. Whatever that is.

Talk of extending the player's gym suggests that the plans for Lesser have changed, wonder if the farmhouse will survive?