Queen's Park 2020/21

7 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Where are QP planning on playing next season?

Reading thread in another sub-forum about groundshares and noticed only licensed grounds in Glasgow/surrounds with 3G parks but not already 2 clubs are Hamilton and East Kilbride.

We don’t actually know yet 

Communication (or lack thereof) from the club is a real issue at the moment. Leeann Dempster indicated in a media interview that something was lined up but that’s it.

Hamilton would be a decent enough option given train connections to the south side, pubs nearby etc. Airdrie (again) would be a nightmare.

8 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

We don’t actually know yet 

Communication (or lack thereof) from the club is a real issue at the moment. Leeann Dempster indicated in a media interview that something was lined up but that’s it.

Hamilton would be a decent enough option given train connections to the south side, pubs nearby etc. Airdrie (again) would be a nightmare.

Lack of communication is embarrassing. Hamilton would be good for me but please not Airdrie and no way Falkirk or, more accurately, back of beyond.

On 28/05/2021 at 06:59, Dunning1874 said:

No, the majority of clubs have still said nothing at this point.

We've a new manager who's just back from holiday and some of the players are still under contract until early June.  At least we're better off than Celtic.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

We've a new manager who's just back from holiday and some of the players are still under contract until early June.  At least we're better off than Celtic.

So because Laurie Ellis went to Butlins, all activity at the club stops?

16 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

That’s a bit Daily Record HD. The “new” manager is hardly a stranger to what’s going on. Or not going on.

I have a question that you could maybe answer. Does the Hampden Burn, or whatever it’s called, run under Lesser?

23 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Does the Hampden Burn, or whatever it’s called, run under Lesser?

When I read the first part of this sentence I thought, Christ, things have escalated since I last checked this thread.

45 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

That’s a bit Daily Record HD. The “new” manager is hardly a stranger to what’s going on. Or not going on.

I have a question that you could maybe answer. Does the Hampden Burn, or whatever it’s called, run under Lesser?

It's the Mall's Mire Burn, which is a tributary of the Polmadie Burn. It's hard to tell from old maps but it looks to come from the direction of Mount Florida School towards Hampden. Sometimes nobody knows where these old culverted watercourses actually run.

35 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

When I read the first part of this sentence I thought, Christ, things have escalated since I last checked this thread.

😄 A few of us planning to get on this job after the Euros. We'll do it overnight so everyone's safe  

17 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Falkirk signed four players the other week when they didn't have a manager.

The lack of communication is pish. Wish folk would stop making excuses for it, we're supposed to be a full time club now 

53 minutes ago, I Zingari said:

It's the Mall's Mire Burn, which is a tributary of the Polmadie Burn. It's hard to tell from old maps but it looks to come from the direction of Mount Florida School towards Hampden. Sometimes nobody knows where these old culverted watercourses actually run.

Think you will find that it is Jenny's Burn that runs under Hampden and it comes out into the Clyde near Shawfield Stadium. I remember doing hospitality at a QP game a number of years ago and the guy told us that it runs down Letherby Drive and runs diagonally under the pitch and that there is a manhole cover on the track at the Celtic end of Hampden and that if opened you can see the burn running underneath. He also explained that the burn was one of the reasons that QP bought the land as they tied the pitch drains into it and it saved them a fortune. I don't think that he mentioned anything about it running under Lesser. I think he also said that Jenny's Burn started up around Castlemilk/Busby. 

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I believe it does or extremely close to it. Also mining excavation under the car park  which is why it was said to be no good for building.

17 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Think you will find that it is Jenny's Burn that runs under Hampden and it comes out into the Clyde near Shawfield Stadium. I remember doing hospitality at a QP game a number of years ago and the guy told us that it runs down Letherby Drive and runs diagonally under the pitch and that there is a manhole cover on the track at the Celtic end of Hampden and that if opened you can see the burn running underneath. He also explained that the burn was one of the reasons that QP bought the land as they tied the pitch drains into it and it saved them a fortune. I don't think that he mentioned anything about it running under Lesser. I think he also said that Jenny's Burn started up around Castlemilk/Busby. 

I've never heard it referred to as Jenny's Burn - always Mallsmire Burn. 

A while back I saw a map in the Mitchell Library from the time of construction of third Hampden and it showed Mallsmire running as Dooflick says, think it would be roughly in line with the tunnel entrance at the West end of the stadium nowadays.

A map I have of the area from 1910 shows Mallsmire Burn resurfacing in Toryglen, approximately where the back of the main Toryglen Football Centre building is now. 

5 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

I feel like I've stumbled into a meeting of the Battlefield local history society.

Most enlightening.

Genuinely the most interesting bit of discussion of pre-season, which says as much about my geekery as it does about the club's lack of communication. 

Edited by an86

11 minutes ago, an86 said:

Genuinely the most interesting bit of discussion of pre-season, which says as much about my geekery as it does about the club's lack of communication. 

Should have made Tony Robinson chief  exec instead of Dempster. Or Baldrick for that matter...