Queen's Park 2020/21

8 hours ago, Dooflick said:

It is you Mr.Malcolm who is talking absolute pish. Young Mr.Coll was up against Andy Robertson at QP. If I remember rightly he scored with 3 penalties  in the final of the Reseve cup against Ayr, when I think Ayr had a young goalkeeper called William Muir. When Mr.Coll got into the QP team ( after Andy went to Dundee Utd ) he fell out QP and ended up at EK. He is a decent young player and if he has just signed for Stenhousemuir you have a decent player for next season

If you are suggesting that Coll was kept out of the Queen's first team by Andy Robertson then I think you are being very kind to him.

He didn't get a regular starting place until six months after Andy left and was part of a team that finished as club 42 by a country mile,  I also don't recall any outcry when he was released in 2014.

He was a youngster then and may have improved with experience, but comments from Forfar fans would suggest otherwise.

Willie Haughey has put his cash in, LeeAnn Dempster is putting her reputation in and, to be fair to the Committee, they have a reasonable track record when it comes to managerial appointments. Assuming that all three have had an input to the decision when cash would probably be available to go for "a name", if they reckon that Laurie Ellis is the guy, that'll do for me.

Would we want one of the guys who's done the rounds just because he's well known?

Edited by Hampden Diehard

On 22/05/2021 at 15:51, Vimto90 said:

How was Bernard Coll at the Spiders?

He was one of a clutch of half decent kids we had at that time who, unfortunately, were part of a very inexperienced squad that got duffed up.  He got the name of being a really nice lad and it's good that he's (eventually) getting a chance at SPFL 2 level.

This was linked from the Colts thread. Mentions in passing that QP may be ground sharing at Firhill next season.

I read an article a week or so ago in one of the papers linking us with potential managers that mentioned in passing that we'd be sharing with Hamilton next season. I dont remember which paper it was so don't have a link to it i'm afraid.
I'd certainly prefer Hamilton to Maryhill personally from a logistical point of view, but I'm sure Firhill may suit others better.

12 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

I read an article a week or so ago in one of the papers linking us with potential managers that mentioned in passing that we'd be sharing with Hamilton next season. I dont remember which paper it was so don't have a link to it i'm afraid.
I'd certainly prefer Hamilton to Maryhill personally from a logistical point of view, but I'm sure Firhill may suit others better.

If this story runs like the great manager debate we’ll probably end up playing at Newlandsfield.

13 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

I think a Glasgow team playing in Glasgow would be the preferred choice for the majority of our support tbh 

Six and half a dozen if you're using public transport to get from the southside to either Hamilton or Firhill. The latter has far greater benefits in terms of local amenities, so it wins for me. 

I think a Glasgow team playing in Glasgow would be the preferred choice for the majority of our support tbh 
Fair enough, I'm just being selfish as Hamilton is easier for me to get to.
I'd still happily take Firhill over Falkirk, or even Airdrie.

22 minutes ago, an86 said:

Six and half a dozen if you're using public transport to get from the southside to either Hamilton or Firhill. The latter has far greater benefits in terms of local amenities, so it wins for me. 

Just say pubs.

17 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

This was linked from the Colts thread. Mentions in passing that QP may be ground sharing at Firhill next season.

Would doubt it very much. Firhill is a grass pitch and it would not stand up in the Scottish climate to game on it every week, unfortunately. Put your money on Hamilton, or here  is one out of the blue, the hockey stadium in the Glasgow Green.

Would doubt it very much. Firhill is a grass pitch and it would not stand up in the Scottish climate to game on it every week, unfortunately. Put your money on Hamilton, or here  is one out of the blue, the hockey stadium in the Glasgow Green.
Does the Hockey centre meet SPFL stadium criteria? Also the stand only holds about 500. Can't see that bring a goer really.
Time someone opened a Lanarkshire branch of Jaconellis near the Fountain Of Youth.

Think I mentioned it earlier, what about scotstoun? Artificial surface, can’t imagine the turnaround from rugby to football and back would be too difficult. Also a skint city council would likely welcome additional rental income.

1 minute ago, Northsea80 said:

Think I mentioned it earlier, what about scotstoun? Artificial surface, can’t imagine the turnaround from rugby to football and back would be too difficult. Also a skint city council would likely welcome additional rental income.

BSC tried to secure it as a venue in the past but were told no. Probably down the Warriors having issue with a groundshare.

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

BSC tried to secure it as a venue in the past but were told no. Probably down the Warriors having issue with a groundshare.

Egg chasing twats.

Over this side of the country we have a half decent ground at Meggatland where the fairly big (in Scottish rugby terms) Boroughmuir ended up sharing with Tynecastle of the East of Scotland League because Meggatland is owned by the Council.

There seem to be a few egg chasing grounds in Glasgow with stands, Hawks' Anniesland looking the most modern (not sure that roof keeps the rain off) but the uppity twats would probably tell even a prestigious football club like QP to beat it.