Queen's Park 2020/21

2 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Talking to the BBC Alba cameras more than they are to the supporters 

What a club 

Literally standing in our new training facility and not talking about it. 

11 hours ago, qpfc said:

It’s an interesting one, me personally, I could never stop supporting the club even if Mackay was appointed. Would I lose respect for the hierarchy of the club? Absolutely. However, I could never just stop supporting the actual team on the park on Saturday afternoons. I’ve been going to the games long enough to not stop and considering we’ve not been able to go games for over a year, I’d do anything to be back at any ground tbh. That’s just my perspective. 

I would be Interested to see what response you’d get if you posed the same question to Edinburgh and Clyde fans about Thompson and Goodwillie respectively? Would be curious to see if any fans stopped attending  

In terms of Mackay’s credentials as a manager, I have no questions regarding his ability to build a winning team for this level but whether that outweighs the negative press that will inevitably come with it needs to be considered greatly. 

Would there be any negative press?

This is QP not the arse cheeks.

I seriously doubt the Scottish football press would be bothered about the ex youth development boss at the SFA returning to management with a wee club in League 1.

9 hours ago, Charliechurch said:

Would there be any negative press?

This is QP not the arse cheeks.

I seriously doubt the Scottish football press would be bothered about the ex youth development boss at the SFA returning to management with a wee club in League 1.

You seem quite insistent on implying your dislike for the club based on your previous posts. It’s not necessarily the negative press within the media that’s the issue, it’s the impact it will have on the internal structures of the club. Appointing mackay I can absolutely guarantee is going to create a disconnect between a lot of fans and those running the club. For that to be a reality at the infancy stages of what should the most exciting time of the clubs history is something that needs to be addressed promptly. 

The communication has been nothing short of dire over the past year, which is contributing largely to the disconnect. Appointing Mackay would be the cherry on top 

Honestly, I'm fairly happy with that. You have to assume he's confident that he can get more out of this squad than McKinnon was able to.

The wording of "head coach" and his relative lack of experience does lead me to believe that the club may also be planning on bringing in a director of football too.

Well that's a bit underwhelming, and definetly quite surprising.
Especially given that the reason we let Mark Roberts go was because we wanted to bring in someone with experience of managing a playing budget. As far as I know Laurie Ellis doesn't have much experience of that either.
Does make me wonder I'd there is a director of football or similar in the plans to assist with that side of things. I dont imagine that will be Dempsters department as based on her interview last night she more interested in the community development side of things.
It was nice of the club to email the members (immediately) prior to it being announced to the press for a change.
Anyway, good luck to Laurie, I hope he proves to be the right choice and manages to continue to build on our recent success.
I wonder if this continuity will help with retention of some of Mckinnon's signings?
Malky Mckay for Director of Football?

Still confused as to why McKinnon left. He must have a better job lined up (there is no better job btw just for the record ;)). His interviews in the last few games discussed planning for next year and getting in the right players for the step up.  So interested to know what's going on. 

Good luck to the new Head Coach. They might give a Footballing Director role to Gus as he's had a stint at St Mirren doing something similar. I'm thankful for Gus' efforts but he was an unlikeable character at times and loved moaning constantly at boys. Very negative as you'll recall. Done well to go up via play-offs and hold on for a year in L1 but couldn't muster more than 2 goals in a match. Need to think about what style of football we want to play moving forward. Can imagine him being very difficult as a direct superior.

22 minutes ago, an86 said:

Happy enough with this. Pretty well regarded as a coach, served his apprenticeship and, crucially, not Malky. 

Tbf, his apprenticeship was 3 years as assistant to Grant Murray at Raith, then one year as assistant to McKinnon at the same, then went with McKinnon as assistant at United and then QP.

Seems unlikely you will get much of a different philosophy from the previous incumbent.

I understand he is a good coach though, and seems like he is a stand up guy. Unlike McKinnon who is famously a bit of an arrogant w**k.

Edited by renton