Queen's Park 2020/21

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Well done to him for trying to fix the housing shortage but it's clear that he's been living the high life for a bit too long.

Here's an £1800 a month penthouse in the city centre with a fucking hot tub and pool table on the balcony.😂

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/90828526#/

I'd imagine this is what the social club will look like after the ground is built.

14 minutes ago, an86 said:

I'd imagine this is what the social club will look like after the ground is built.

Excellent. If us plebs are allowed in I'll be looking forward to a few pre-match Moets in the hot tub next season.

26 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

Looking the most likely option. Certainly the easiest and most obvious in some ways - although it may be one that will cost us due to his past actions.

It would rubber stamp the fact that they simply don't give a f**k about the views of many supporters. Not many things would make me consider not parting with my cash for QP, but this is one of them. 

Quick scan online there to see if there's any chatter about Mackay and the QP job and it's clear to see that MM is still a daily footballing punchline to do with racism and misogyny. Not saying that's right or fair, and there's a lot to be said for redemption and giving an opportunity to 'one of our own' to rebuild, but it will be hugely distracting to everything we're trying to achieve here. We will be forever linked with those attitudes. 

1 hour ago, Boris the Spider said:

Looking the most likely option. Certainly the easiest and most obvious in some ways - although it may be one that will cost us due to his past actions.

That would be a disaster. Old boys club rules still with us if this happens. Cannot see Dempster being impressed with that.

9 minutes ago, CTQP1867 said:

I'm curious to know if the people who won't ever forgive MM have the same opinion on David Martindale, the Livi Manager?

Two different scenarios. I'm not against Malky Mackay working in football again, nor am I totally against him working at Queen's Park in some capacity.

However, in our circumstance of trying to build within the most diverse communities in the country, he is demonstrably unfit to take any sort of leadership role within the club. It sends out an absolutely terrible message to BAME, Jewish and LGBT communities, as well as young women. I couldn't encourage anyone to come and watch our club if he was one of the figureheads. 

Let's also be quite clear here. These messages were not sent in less enlightened times and Malky Mackay was not a daft kid. He was a man in his 40s.

He does deserve to be forgiven and he does deserve to work again if he's shown remorse. However, something on that scale should pretty much rule you out of certain roles. I believe bank robbers should be able to work again, for example. However, I don't necessarily believe that the Royal Bank of Scotland would necessarily be the most suitable place of employment. 

I'm proud of the area I come from and I'm proud to be associated with Queen's Park. Those two things cannot link effectively with Malky Mackay's history hanging over the football club. It cannot and must not be allowed to happen, otherwise all this community stuff is just meaningless words. 

I'm curious to know if the people who won't ever forgive MM have the same opinion on David Martindale, the Livi Manager?

Not a question of forgiveness for me. It’s a question of (1) given his past is this the sort of person we want as head coach? and (2) do we need the distraction that his appointment will inevitably bring?

On the positive side he is an experienced coach that has coached at the top level and will have lots of contacts. And he is a QP fan ( for what that’s worth).

Maybe I’m just shallow and cynical but if he is appointed and wins us League 1 next season I reckon most people will forgive him.

Looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer to grill the committee. The AGM will be put back to "the end of June" by which time hopefully restrictions will have eased enough for it to be a "face to face meeting"
Not sure if that's good or bad news.

18 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

Forgiven? He'd actually have to show some sort of remorse for that to happen.

Which is why I said *if* he's shown remorse. I've no idea whether he has or not. What Malky Mackay has or hasn't had to say after this hasn't really been something that's interested me. 

People will point to him being appointed by the SFA, but if we're using them for a benchmark of reputation, leadership and morality, then we're as well just liquidating the club. 

28 minutes ago, an86 said:

Two different scenarios. I'm not against Malky Mackay working in football again, nor am I totally against him working at Queen's Park in some capacity.

However, in our circumstance of trying to build within the most diverse communities in the country, he is demonstrably unfit to take any sort of leadership role within the club. It sends out an absolutely terrible message to BAME, Jewish and LGBT communities, as well as young women. I couldn't encourage anyone to come and watch our club if he was one of the figureheads. 

Let's also be quite clear here. These messages were not sent in less enlightened times and Malky Mackay was not a daft kid. He was a man in his 40s.

He does deserve to be forgiven and he does deserve to work again if he's shown remorse. However, something on that scale should pretty much rule you out of certain roles. I believe bank robbers should be able to work again, for example. However, I don't necessarily believe that the Royal Bank of Scotland would necessarily be the most suitable place of employment. 

I'm proud of the area I come from and I'm proud to be associated with Queen's Park. Those two things cannot link effectively with Malky Mackay's history hanging over the football club. It cannot and must not be allowed to happen, otherwise all this community stuff is just meaningless words. 

Think if Leanne Dempster thought him suitable for the role that would be a big vote of confidence in his rehabilitation? Give the man a break.