Queen's Park 2020/21

2 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

I think the photos confirm that the Committee had no idea Ray was getting sacked. I doubt they would have celebrated with them in that manner if they had the faintest idea of Dempster's decision making. 

Oh I wouldn't be sure of that. Quite a few of our committee have a history of duplicitous behaviour.

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

Motherwell giving this season's season ticket holders a free ticket for next season. I will not renew until I know where we are playing.

When we were out of Hampden for half of seasons 2013-14 and 2014-15 I still renewed my season ticket even although I knew I wouldn't be travelling to Airdrie to see any "home" games. Similarly I waived the offer of a refund for the cancelled fixtures in 2019-20. I also made a point of taking out an associate membership just to put more money into the club and I'm sure many of us did the same out of a wish to contribute to the ongoing costs of keeping the club going. The club admin (and that's a vague term for a currently vague concept) really need to up their game drastically if they want to enjoy similar goodwill from supporters such as myself in the near future.

12 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

When we were out of Hampden for half of seasons 2013-14 and 2014-15 I still renewed my season ticket even although I knew I wouldn't be travelling to Airdrie to see any "home" games. Similarly I waived the offer of a refund for the cancelled fixtures in 2019-20. I also made a point of taking out an associate membership just to put more money into the club and I'm sure many of us did the same out of a wish to contribute to the ongoing costs of keeping the club going. The club admin (and that's a vague term for a currently vague concept) really need to up their game drastically if they want to enjoy similar goodwill from supporters such as myself in the near future.

The halo is in the post.😀

1 minute ago, williebraveheart said:

The halo is in the post.😀

Much appreciated. I'll hang it beside my league winners medal!

But really, the lack of communication with the support needs to stop right quick.

If I know our famous public relations as well as I think I do, we'll harness the buzz of the extraordinary victory for people power in the southside of Glasgow today by appointing Malky Mackay within twenty-four hours.

2 hours ago, an86 said:

If I know our famous public relations as well as I think I do, we'll harness the buzz of the extraordinary victory for people power in the southside of Glasgow today by appointing Malky Mackay within twenty-four hours.

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/news/malky-mackay-the-latest-name-linked-with-queens-park-job/

What's everyone's view on Mackay? Not that the club cares about that. Not looking to jump down the throat of anyone who isn't bothered/would welcome him. Just interested to see how strongly the opinions swing either way. 

My view is pretty clear on the matter. I'd be embarrassed and ashamed if we appointed him, particularly given the diversity of the local community we want to reach out to. Would absolutely piss all over the enthusiasm that I've got for where we might be heading. 

15 minutes ago, an86 said:

What's everyone's view on Mackay? Not that the club cares about that. Not looking to jump down the throat of anyone who isn't bothered/would welcome him. Just interested to see how strongly the opinions swing either way. 

My view is pretty clear on the matter. I'd be embarrassed and ashamed if we appointed him, particularly given the diversity of the local community we want to reach out to. Would absolutely piss all over the enthusiasm that I've got for where we might be heading. 

Well, unless Malky was the guy lying under the van in Kenmure Street yesterday, I would say "thanks but no thanks" 

If he has genuinely repented & learnt his lesson that would be unfortunate, but appointing him would just be giving our opponents a stick to beat us with. For a club that should be looking to grow our support, that is the last thing we need.

26 minutes ago, an86 said:

I understand that he went to courses, to do with race relations after he was sacked at Cardiff, otherwise he would not have been employed by the SFA. We all make mistakes in life and hopefully we all learn by our mistakes. If he has learned, and I'm sure he has, if it is him for QP so be it. 

Just had  at look on the club website and looked at the coaching staff page. 

Looks like the goalie coach  Stuart Garden  is no longer with us  ( no mention of that anywhere   )   and that  Laurie Ellis and  Gordon Forrest remain  along with Quinno.

Will the new coach bring in his own backroom team  only time will tell.

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

I have an issue with his ability. The guy made a mistake that thousands of us have made in the past. I will not be hypocritical but I am not at all convinced of his ability to be the right man for us. Same with Stubbs.

second that willie.

3 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

I have an issue with his ability. The guy made a mistake that thousands of us have made in the past. I will not be hypocritical but I am not at all convinced of his ability to be the right man for us. Same with Stubbs.

I think his ability as a football manager is top notch, but might never be fully tested. He was tipped to be the next "great Scot".  He fecked up what was probably going to be an outstanding career. Who knows how things will go for him. 

Known him since he was a very wee boy and couldn't praise him highly enough. Will be interesting to see if he can move on from the position he put himself in.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

Malky MacKay can f**k off. Racist past it homophobe. Like an86, i fear that this will really stall our community club vision, overall being a stupid appointment. You can only hope that Dempster and the shady committee understand this.

Laurie Ellis and Ray MacKinnon go together like peas in a pod. Imagine that Ellis is still here on an interim basis.

You’ve got to think the manager situation will be announced imminently. With the betfred cup commencing July 14th, you’d be thinking  players will return to pre season at least a month prior to that. A whole month until then to appoint a manager, assess the current squad, offer contracts/release players, recruit new players 

Going to be a busy summer I think 

Edited by qpfc

7 hours ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Malky MacKay can f**k off. Racist past it homophobe. Like an86, i fear that this will really stall our community club vision, overall being a stupid appointment. You can only hope that Dempster and the shady committee understand this.

Laurie Ellis and Ray MacKinnon go together like peas in a pod. Imagine that Ellis is still here on an interim basis.

It'll make no difference whatsoever. 

Results are all that matter in professional football.

There is nothing unique about QP in the sense that you're now just another wee club with a sugar daddy.