Queen's Park 2020/21

53 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

You'll remember that they weren't presented in the normal fashion; there was a tray of them which people helped themselves to. Someone grabbed one that was left and put it round a guy's neck as a joke.

Well, we can only go on what we saw on the live stream (it would have been nice to have a better view from inside the ground but not many were lucky enough to get special privileges from the club 😛) and I'm pretty sure I saw more than one committee guy on the pitch with a medal. In fact, I'm pretty sure one was still wearing his the next day. It didn't sit right with me while hundreds of us were stuck in the house and I don't really care what their self-appointed match day responsibilities were. 

May be an image of 9 people and people standing

May be an image of 1 person, standing and outdoors

Edited by Mick1867

28 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Well, we can only go on what we saw on the live stream (it would have been nice to have a better view from inside the ground but not many were lucky enough to get special privileges from the club 😛) and I'm pretty sure I saw more than one committee guy on the pitch with a medal. In fact, I'm pretty sure one was still wearing his the next day. It didn't sit right with me while hundreds of us were stuck in the house and I don't really care what their self-appointed match day responsibilities were. 

Forgiveness for the heat of the moment? Maybe. Next morning? Thoughtless. 

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

The vast majority are just supporters like everyone else who go home and away every week and I really wish more of our support over the years had become members in order to hold to account those who we elected from the membership to run the club for us.

This mess that is continuing to spiral out of control has over the last few months has made me interested in getting a membership, but its not something that the club advertise anywhere which is frustrating as I would have no idea on how to apply.

2 hours ago, TheQPFC said:

This mess that is continuing to spiral out of control has over the last few months has made me interested in getting a membership, but its not something that the club advertise anywhere which is frustrating as I would have no idea on how to apply.

Yeah, it's not advertised well at all. Need two existing members to give you the OK. Not really any great use to folk who maybe don't know any members. Not the most comfortable thing to walk up and ask someone you might only know in passing to sign you into something. There has always been a feeling of a closed shop about it, even if it's not necessarily the reality. Someone may correct me, but I've never known of anyone being knocked back! 

9 minutes ago, an86 said:

Yeah, it's not advertised well at all. Need two existing members to give you the OK. Not really any great use to folk who maybe don't know any members. Not the most comfortable thing to walk up and ask someone you might only know in passing to sign you into something. There has always been a feeling of a closed shop about it, even if it's not necessarily the reality. Someone may correct me, but I've never known of anyone being knocked back! 

Mick may know of someone.

I was standing in as photographer for Edinburgh City that night and decided to hang about for the presentation of the trophy. The medals were handed out to the players and the fireworks started. I don't remember any QP committee members being given medals but I wouldn't know them from QP coaching staff to be honest.

One of your photographers (nice chap) was invited over to join in the fun with the players and I think one of your coaches gave him a medal. He did say "are you sure?" but it seemed he got a medal because he'd attended every game during this Covid hit season. I thought that was a nice touch (photographers union!) and I took a picture of said medal out of interest. 

Footballers can be funny- you hear of them keeping medals in drawers because they're more interested in the moment of winning than in keepsakes. I thought at the time it might have been Ray McKinnon himself that gave the medal to your photographer as I thought he'd maybe won, with respect, bigger honours than L2 but it turns out his other honour is the Challenge Cup. With hindsight maybe the particular coach knew already he was leaving QP which would be interesting.

8 hours ago, QP's in my DNA said:

Having supported the club for all of my 70plus years, most of them from the North Enclosure never having the finance to become a member. I thought I'd seen some ups and downs in my time.

But if I wasn't a Queen's supporter and was watching all that's developed in the last 6 months from outside the club.

I'd think "What a £ucking shambles"

All of those responsible, should do the decent thing, but they're probably too busy polishing their League Winners medals.

I don't consider it a shambles as I don't know enough about it, but what I would say is that it has been quite sad to see the passing of the Queens Park Football Club I knew from my 60 years of attending Scottish football.  There was always something unique about an away trip to Queens.

Still, it might be worse; you could be a supporter of a club just purchased by a Norwegian intent on turning it into a Hal Stewart tribute act.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

16 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

It’s a disgrace. An abomination I say. A Committee man representing Queen’s Park, in those trainers!? Shocker.

Edited by QPSpider1867

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

One of your photographers (nice chap) was invited over to join in the fun with the players and I think one of your coaches gave him a medal. He did say "are you sure?" but it seemed he got a medal because he'd attended every game during this Covid hit season.

Is being one of the privileged ones allowed in a football ground this season not enough reward?

2 hours ago, Chester Desmond said:

It's the folk who watched the whole season via a stream that deserve medals

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57086460

"The Dutch champions, who secured their 35th Eredivisie title on 2 May, have melted down their trophy and turned it into 42,000 silver stars to gift to fans who are season ticket holders at the Johan Cruyff Arena"

12 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I don't consider it a shambles as I don't know enough about it, but what I would say is that it has been quite sad to see the passing of the Queens Park Football Club I knew from my 60 years of attending Scottish football.  There was always something unique about an away trip to Queens.

Still, it might be worse; you could be a supporter of a club just purchased by a Norwegian intent on turning it into a Hal Stewart tribute act.

NO ground to play our home games in.

NO team manager.

NO team for next season, apart from Murray&McHugh who are on 2 year deals (allegedly)

NO communication with the supporters.

NO president available for comment.

NO committee available for comment.

NO CEO prepared to instigate any dialogue with the supporters.

NO AGM proposed, normally held in May.

NO one prepared to accept responsibility for any of the above.

That to me is a shambles, however you dress it up.

But you're right O'Kelly, it's been a sad time for many of us too, in accepting the inevitable upheaval and trying to move on; and realising that "uniqueness" you mention may have left the club along with it's amateur status and it's accountability.

And you might have nailed it there, in that we no longer know who runs our club, maybe a Norwegian tribute act wouldn't be so bad after all. Time will tell.

12 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Why would a past President turn up in training kit when the Committee uniform is to look like undertakers? It’s almost like they knew🤭

Hmm good point BYOS. I can have sympathy if it was a spur of the moment thing. Perhaps the management invited them down and they enjoyed their 5 minutes. It doesn't look that way though. It is a sore one for fans who have had to sit at home paying for dodgy live streams. 

I think the photos confirm that the Committee had no idea Ray was getting sacked. I doubt they would have celebrated with them in that manner if they had the faintest idea of Dempster's decision making. Real smack in the face for many in that photo as they're now out a job. 

53 minutes ago, QP's in my DNA said:

NO team manager.

NO team for next season, apart from Murray&McHugh who are on 2 year deals (allegedly)

But you're right O'Kelly, it's been a sad time for many of us too, in accepting the inevitable upheaval and trying to move on; and realising that "uniqueness" you mention may have left the club along with it's amateur status and it's accountability.

And you might have nailed it there, in that we no longer know who runs our club, maybe a Norwegian tribute act wouldn't be so bad after all. Time will tell.

And I guess they expect us to buy season tickets/memberships next month. 

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57086460

"The Dutch champions, who secured their 35th Eredivisie title on 2 May, have melted down their trophy and turned it into 42,000 silver stars to gift to fans who are season ticket holders at the Johan Cruyff Arena"

That's a fabulous gesture - Motherwell pretty good on this kind of thing too. You think we should melt down those trainers and all get a bit? Or maybe a souvenir chunk of concrete that's been recently dug up from Lesser? 

3 hours ago, QP's in my DNA said:

NO team manager.

You can add to this also -

Nowhere for the academy teams to play  games.

Along with keeping the first team in the leagues was the academy not one of the main reasons for going professional we were given by the committee yet It seems to have been completely neglected