Queen's Park 2020/21

2 hours ago, an86 said:

I'm not expecting applicants. There's no way this hasn't been done without someone lined up. I'd expect an announcement fairly soon. You'd expect some groundwork to have been laid and some planning to have been done regarding who is in and who is out. 

For once I agree with you young man. Just hope it's not Mr.Stubbs.

6 minutes ago, etherglide said:

Really? You honestly believe that? Im struggling to think of another manager sacked after getting promotion. 

Makes sense to me; we must remember; that what got us here will not necessarily get us to where we want to go.

17 hours ago, NathanQP said:

Kettlewell is the only answer. 

That comment worries me Nathan, since you are on the QP media team. Kettlewell as an assistant coach would not be a problem but as the top man no. He does not have the experience or the contacts that we now need. Mr .McKay or Mr. McInnes for me in football terms and contacts although I think McInnes will end up at Ross County and I think that Malky is actually doing some work with UEFA or FIFA.

6 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Makes sense to me; we must remember; that what got us here will not necessarily get us to where we want to go.

And after getting promotion, just where do you want to go? No criticism from me regarding your statement. Im just a little surprised about whats gone on. 

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

Has anybody got an actual clue what any of that means?

I know. Utter mince innit.

I see it's been announced that from Monday you can have 100 people at an indoor 'event', 250 outdoor standing, 500 outdoor seated. Maybe an opportunity for an innovative community club to get some fans into Lesser to hear a bit about some of these grand plans for a new football club model... Or they could just post out the subs reminders and hope for the best. 

25 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

I know. Utter mince innit.

I see it's been announced that from Monday you can have 100 people at an indoor 'event', 250 outdoor standing, 500 outdoor seated. Maybe an opportunity for an innovative community club to get some fans into Lesser to hear a bit about some of these grand plans for a new football club model... Or they could just post out the subs reminders and hope for the best. 

The Club AGM had a provisional date of 25th of May but not sign of a confirmation as of yet.

A lot has happened since the last one and a more to come over the next couple of weeks no doubt.

I wonder if we will be allowed to ask questions this year after last year’s hilarious “no questions due to technical issues”.

Well that's been a bit of a shock. Has the counter-rayvolution run its full bloody course or will there be more heads on spikes outside the JB McAlpine pavilion?

I haven't commented much on Ray's Spiders over the season, but despite some misgivings about the style of play I assumed that he would have been given until at least Christmas to see how things turned out in a higher league.

I emailed a list of names to pals of possible new managers that give me the fear and near the top was Alan Stubbs who is now being touted by the Daily Record. His mercifully short time at St Mirren should disqualify him from consideration. During that brief but catastrophic period he brought his Saints side to Hampden for a League Cup tie v Queen's and by God they were truly awful. Dempster connection or not his name just shouldn't be coming up. Of course there's another "name" which hasn't been mentioned. A man who was in charge of a "new and innovative model" at a Scottish club - Craig Levein. Turned out great, eh? If he rocks up here then that's it for me. I'll watch rugby instead.

The Scottish Managerial Merry Go Round can be a depressing place as we're finding out.

52 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

That comment worries me Nathan, since you are on the QP media team. Kettlewell as an assistant coach would not be a problem but as the top man no. He does not have the experience or the contacts that we now need. Mr .McKay or Mr. McInnes for me in football terms and contacts although I think McInnes will end up at Ross County and I think that Malky is actually doing some work with UEFA or FIFA.

Just my personal opinion, nothing has been said to me in regards to whether or not it's Kettlewell.

In term of Malky Mackay, I don't see how he fits under the umbrella of being a manager of a community-based club, with him being a mad racist and all. 

Mcinnes, maybe.

2 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

Well that's been a bit of a shock. Has the counter-rayvolution run its full bloody course or will there be more heads on spikes outside the JB McAlpine pavilion?

I haven't commented much on Ray's Spiders over the season, but despite some misgivings about the style of play I assumed that he would have been given until at least Christmas to see how things turned out in a higher league.

I emailed a list of names to pals of possible new managers that give me the fear and near the top was Alan Stubbs who is now being touted by the Daily Record. His mercifully short time at St Mirren should disqualify him from consideration. During that brief but catastrophic period he brought his Saints side to Hampden for a League Cup tie v Queen's and by God they were truly awful. Dempster connection or not his name just shouldn't be coming up. Of course there's another "name" which hasn't been mentioned. A man who was in charge of a "new and innovative model" at a Scottish club - Craig Levein. Turned out great, eh? If he rocks up here then that's it for me. I'll watch rugby instead.

The Scottish Managerial Merry Go Round can be a depressing place as we're finding out.

So this interesting stat on twitter earlier

Alan Stubbs' last 23 matches as a manager: 3 wins, 6 draws, 14 defeats, 2 sackings

Some the stuff I’ve read on his time at St Mirren would be hilarious if he wasn’t in fact being linked with our club. Signing players from Jamie Vardy’s football academy who had never played senior football before is a particular highlight/lowlight

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

Kettlewell as an assistant coach would not be a problem but as the top man no. 

Ketts as the top man with an experienced assistant would be fine with me. Or with an experienced person as head of football operations above him.

Just not Stubbs please

Think the concerns around performances against higher level opposition are legitimate. You could counter that by saying three of them were very, very early in the day. Bar an impressive opening in the League Cup against Queen of the South, we weren't at the races.

It's undeniably harsh to sack, sorry "mutually consent", a manager with his record, but it's also absolutely right that performances should be held to a different standard in these exceptional circumstances. Ultimately, only time will tell whether this has been the right or wrong decision. 

Whether it's Stubbs or anyone else, vile racists aside, I'm happy to get behind whoever it is. We're not getting a manager to come to League One who hasn't had a bad experience or experiences elsewhere. Either that or it's going to be someone untested and inexperienced. 

What is does bring forward is what we're actually aiming for here. Leeann Dempster has stated on record that it's about consolidation next season. McKinnon, despite any reservations anyone might have about him, would have kept us in League One with something to spare. A change suggests those aims have shifted. If only there was some sort of technology that could allow the club to present these plans to the support, rather than occasional leaks to tabloids, followed by long periods of silence. 

The AGM will be interesting. 

Think the concerns around performances against higher level opposition are legitimate. You could counter that by saying three of them were very, very early in the day. Bar an impressive opening in the League Cup against Queen of the South, we weren't at the races.
It's undeniably harsh to sack, sorry "mutually consent", a manager with his record, but it's also absolutely right that performances should be held to a different standard in these exceptional circumstances. Ultimately, only time will tell whether this has been the right or wrong decision. 
Whether it's Stubbs or anyone else, vile racists aside, I'm happy to get behind whoever it is. We're not getting a manager to come to League One who hasn't had a bad experience or experiences elsewhere. Either that or it's going to be someone untested and inexperienced. 
What is does bring forward is what we're actually aiming for here. Leeann Dempster has stated on record that it's about consolidation next season. McKinnon, despite any reservations anyone might have about him, would have kept us in League One with something to spare. A change suggests those aims have shifted. If only there was some sort of technology that could allow the club to present these plans to the support, rather than occasional leaks to tabloids, followed by long periods of silence. 
The AGM will be interesting. 
Those aims have shifted? [emoji23]

Are you suggesting FT Queens Parks remit was to stay in the league next year. Deary me.

11 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

Those aims have shifted? emoji23.png

Are you suggesting FT Queens Parks remit was to stay in the league next year. Deary me.

It certainly was not . Whatever shite one newly employed individual might have been coming out with in public, the aim was clearly to get to the Championship as quickly as possible.   

Edited by Mick1867

41 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

The Club AGM had a provisional date of 25th of May but not sign of a confirmation as of yet.

A lot has happened since the last one and a more to come over the next couple of weeks no doubt.

I wonder if we will be allowed to ask questions this year after last year’s hilarious “no questions due to technical issues”.

I’ve already asked. And a few other points of clarity. “...hoping to release shortly the timing of the AGM.” The supporting document packs would normally be out in April. 

I think it's time for full transparency from the Club re Haughey's financial involvement and underwriting of contracts / stadium construction etc. Can't think of a better opportunity for that than the AGM. The fact that a date for that has not been set already is concerning in itself. 

1 hour ago, Vimto90 said:

Those aims have shifted? emoji23.png

Read what I said. It was a quote from within the club and one that I was surprised by.