Queen's Park 2020/21

3 hours ago, grumswall said:
4 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:
Used to have a lot of respect for Queen's as a football club, but that has eroded significantly over the past year and a half. To reward such success with a sacking is truly disgusting behaviour.

In fairness mckinnon is an arsehole as a manager.

Exactly. He's walked out on clubs twice previously.

24 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I take it you’re not aware of who our mysterious benefactor is then?

Well aye, I also know who runs Cowdenbeath but he’s not turned them in to a Clyde like Old Firm masters team and openly courting lapsed OF fans from Fife.

10 hours ago, Boris the Spider said:

Our media sponsor is perfectly placed to leak this story. Stubbs seems likely to be the one and fits with the general flushing of all things Queen’s Park pre-Haughey. Noted that Haughey got a mention and that Dempster’s is front and centre. This might well be the last full season of the club’s member/committee arrangements. Haughey’s business dealings will find a way out of that.

Good luck to Ray. He seemed a likeable person and never once was negative about our club. He made the best of what was available. We’ve won the league just 3 times in my lifetime, that’s how I’ll remember him. It’s certainly rebooted his CV after his recent record.

It’s almost a re-run of the Mark Roberts story, but one level up. Roberts was liked by everyone at the club but when money came into it he couldn’t be trusted with a budget as his contact book didn’t have the depth needed. Same here. It was the single aspect of McKinnon’s group arrival that I had doubts about; why was nearly everyone a former player of his? And as we saw through the season they were clearly good enough for L2, avoiding relegation and getting promoted with the championship, which was the key objectives we voted on. But we also witnessed workmanship over style and it’ll take more to get to the Championship. 

What we voted for wasn’t this. I recall clearly it was about avoiding the trapdoor and sustained position in L1. Alloa and Arbroath were the benchmarks. Not Hibs or Aberdeen. I’ve opened my mind now to why the ground fiasco happened. As always, Boris is our best bet for news. Enjoy the shit and giggles for now, might not be so much fun paying £30 to get in and a fiver for a hot dog, or being herded by horses at a hostile Ibrox.

15 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

What on earth is that post from QP. Dribble about the community and being an innovative club. What does that have to do with sacking the manager? Pointless words to fill a page. 

Announcing Shelley Kerr?

It's going to take me a while to get my head around the fact that this is the sort of club we are now, but you can definitely make a case that moving on from McKinnon is the right decision if we have a replacement lined up who is clearly of a better calibre. The thing is, that's not Alan Stubbs. Sacked by Rotherham four months into the job after winning only one game out of 14 and sacked by St Mirren back in 2018 after the first four games, with reports of players unhappy with his style of management and pretty poor recruitment. Since then he's been out of management for 3 years working as a pundit.

If McKinnon got stick for practically all of his signings being players he'd managed in the past (deservedly), then Dempster would merit the same for not looking further than someone she's previously worked with.

Like Scottish Labour, Queens Park are now held to ransom by a fridge Tycoon . He can pull his funding anytime and leave us a financial wilderness. What he says goes at all levels. Rumour has it he wasn’t happy with the cup performances: is this why Ray has left? 

The Club urgently needs to have a dialogue supporters a: updating what is going on off the pitch. Winning the league at canter has been fantastic, but off the field is akin to Faulty Towers. No up date on Lesser, Dempster courting the media hinting at an agreement for temporary home and now the manager leaving.  Shambles! 

On the manager: 

Malky Mackay should be nowhere near the job. accusations of homophobia, racism and sexism have ended his career as a manager. His links to the club are irrelevant. 

Stubbs is the early favourite due to his cozy relation with Dempster: though he’d be an underwhelming appointment. At least Neil Lennon won’t be in the frame after his skirmish with Dempster at Hibs. 

Kettlewell would be my preference and a fans favourite choice. 

An extraordinary season, during extraordinary times, continues to be nothing short of extraordinary

3 hours ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

The patter was w*nk when you first used it, and you've had no bites since. Do better.

He should really have gone with "LUD£R£ CAU$A LUD£NDI" like the banner on the North Enclosure over 30 years ago when we first got sponsors on our shirts. 

f**k me, a lot's happened to us since then....  

I'm expecting a reasonable calibre of applicants. After that it'll need to be someone who can help us create the structures and culture the club hopes will create something new in the Scottish professional game and implement our new and innovative model in the Scottish game, rooted in our community and participation for all.

It would also be good if the new manager's single tactical strategy wasn't: be fitter than the other team and hope to score in the 2nd half when the other lot get tired.   

5 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

I'm expecting a reasonable calibre of applicants. After that it'll need to be someone who can help us create the structures and culture the club hopes will create something new in the Scottish professional game and implement our new and innovative model in the Scottish game, rooted in our community and participation for all.

It would also be good if the new manager's single tactical strategy wasn't: be fitter than the other team and hope to score in the 2nd half when the other lot get tired.   

I'm not expecting applicants. There's no way this hasn't been done without someone lined up. I'd expect an announcement fairly soon. You'd expect some groundwork to have been laid and some planning to have been done regarding who is in and who is out. 

1 hour ago, Anonymous Spider said:

it'll need to be someone who can help us create the structures and culture the club hopes will create something new in the Scottish professional game and implement our new and innovative model in the Scottish game, rooted in our community and participation for all.

Has anybody got an actual clue what any of that means? It would be nice if someone told us. We currently have a CEO who's only way of communicating with the members (I think we still officially own and run the club)  so far has been via media interviews.

A new and innovative model in the Scottish game? If it's a head of football operations with a wider remit, with a coach/manager below that then it's hardly new and innovative in the game. Aye it would be different for us but these statements need to cut out the waffle. We just want a decent manager for the 1st team and  it will have to be a significant upgrade to satisfy the support. I know the mood because some of us still manage to communicate with each other regularly, we aren't hiding behind the pandemic.

I just hope whoever made this decision at our club - it's not very clear right now - knows what they're doing as getting rid of a manager who has just won our first league title in 21 years by 16 points is a pretty ruthless decision. Hopefully the right choice has been made. 

Edited by Mick1867

17 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

McKinnon's record with Falkirk in the First Division maybe told QP all they need to know for next season

Really? You honestly believe that? Im struggling to think of another manager sacked after getting promotion.