Queen's Park 2020/21

I am grateful to Ray for lifting the gloom of the times during his tenure. He came in and undoubtedly got us players we would not have got under our own steam. He marshalled the squad with one objective-win the league. This he achieved and I for one will not forget the scenes when we were presented with the trophy and the lads got their medals. The sight of Jai trying to jump on his crutches was unbelievable. All that said I do not and did not believe that that squad was good enough to challenge in league 1 and that major surgery would have to be applied. You are only as good as your last game. Good luck to Ray for the future and the incredible journey of a professional QP goes on. Can't wait.

2 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Used to have a lot of respect for Queen's as a football club, but that has eroded significantly over the past year and a half. To reward such success with a sacking is truly disgusting behaviour.

When the manager is Ray McKinnon, I'd argue that it's about the right decision. 

Random thoughts:

Surprised? Yes. Shocked? No. Anyway, thanks to him for his efforts and he's one of only 5 guys to take us to a title, irrespective of the advantages the money gave us. Hey, all Celtic's money advantages did them no good this year!

We didn't pan any team and we should have, given the squad. I was a bit disappointed overall, and the QoS games were a wake up call.

We looked a different team with Murray on the park and the defence record speaks for itself. Big ticks there.

Plenty of very good players to build a decent squad from but I don't think this year's team would be challengers without strengthening.

I would take Kettlewell in a flash.

This is a helluva ride with the mighty QP!

Kettlewell my personal favourite. I have a lot of respect for Ray, but ive got to admit i retained doubts concerning some of our perfomances: workmanlike performances are great, but sometimes we looked a bit pedestrian across the season, as per his tactics. Be interesting to see how this impacts on the squad.

Not sure about Kettlewell, did ok as a joint manager but seemed to struggle on his own. 

Wouldn't be surprised if there was a Hibs connection, which probably means Stubbs or Lennon, and I doubt Lennon would drop down to League One.

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

McKinnon's record with Falkirk in the First Division maybe told QP all they need to know for next season

That’s exactly what I was thinking. They don’t trust him above the 4th tier.

4 minutes ago, lavvyheid said:
12 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Be interesting to see how this impacts on the squad.

Could be 3 or 4 not happy - time will tell .

Yes, I kind of saw the sense in starting League 1 with momentum and the core of an established winning team. It's a bold move. Onwards and upwards, with thanks to Ray.