Queen's Park 2020/21

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

From an outsiders point of view, you won a part time league with a full time team comfortably, maybe not as stylish as it could have been?  Has the football been good to watch or was it like Rangers coming through the league and a bit of a slog ? The squad doesn't look like the old sledgehammer to crack a walnut analogy used for Rangers so it looks like he's done a decent job and deserves some credit for what he's done. 

Firstly, I’ll always be appreciative of a title winning manager for QP, full time or part time, I’m delighted with the job he has done and the foundations (on the pitch at least) have been set for the upcoming manager to take the reigns for the club to reach the next level. His aim was to get us into league 1 and he’s done exactly that.

I’d be lying if I said the style of football was expansive or free flowing. There’s been moments of that but upon reflection, the majority of games have almost been workmanlike performances that get the job done. We’ve never really battered any team by 4 or 5 goal margins. Not that I’ll ever complain about the way we get 3 points but it just places a seed of doubt in your head as to how effective that’ll be moving up the leagues. 

Most notably though has been our inability to beat or even compete with fellow full time sides across the season. We were routinely dispatched twice by a QOS side who were at that point looking like massive favourites to finish bottom of the championship. Uninspiring performances against thistle, Morton and 10 man st mirren have undoubtedly placed doubt amongst many supporters. 

Overall, even though we’ve won the league comfortably and deservedly so, there’s a part of me that thinks there’s so much more that we can get from this squad. That’s where I hope the difference is between McKinnon and whoever is appointed 

2 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Most notably though has been our inability to beat or even compete with fellow full time sides across the season. We were routinely dispatched twice by a QOS side who were at that point looking like massive favourites to finish bottom of the championship. Uninspiring performances against thistle, Morton and 10 man st mirren have undoubtedly placed doubt amongst many supporters. 

Agree that the performances against teams higher up the leagues was disappointing, other than the first 15 minutes in the league cup against QoS we never looked like taking anything from those games.

Used to have a lot of respect for Queen's as a football club, but that has eroded significantly over the past year and a half. To reward such success with a sacking is truly disgusting behaviour.
In fairness mckinnon is an arsehole as a manager.

50 minutes ago, an86 said:

If any of the committee are reading, and I know you are, Malky Mackay must not be allowed within a mile of our football club. We're aiming to reach out to one of the most diverse communities in Scotland. Such a move would piss all over that.

Rubbish. Malky for me.

Stunned at that decision. Dempster has a preference lined up for sure. Stubbs the bookies (albeit McBookie) favourite.  I feel for McKinnon. Regardless of the club status, it’s been a record breaking season.

Where does this leave all the players he signed? Many out of contract this summer of course.

The football wasn’t beautiful but it was effective. McKinnon did have his favourites though. 

4 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Stubbs is a stick on with the Dempster link, that or Kettlewell for the ex player link.

Don't think either. Malky McKay or really reaching for the top Mr .McInnes who has just left Aberdeen.

Bold stuff from the club and fully behind it. Won the league at a canter but it would have been an absolute scandal if he hadn’t with that squad.

Had lingering doubts about him - I was expecting him to get mutually consented out the door by December - but it’s always weird to complain too much when you’re coasting at the top of the division.  

Managing QP is a helluva proposition these days. I’m expecting some pretty high calibre contenders. Onward and upwards. 

35 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Firstly, I’ll always be appreciative of a title winning manager for QP, full time or part time, I’m delighted with the job he has done and the foundations (on the pitch at least) have been set for the upcoming manager to take the reigns for the club to reach the next level. His aim was to get us into league 1 and he’s done exactly that.

I’d be lying if I said the style of football was expansive or free flowing. There’s been moments of that but upon reflection, the majority of games have almost been workmanlike performances that get the job done. We’ve never really battered any team by 4 or 5 goal margins. Not that I’ll ever complain about the way we get 3 points but it just places a seed of doubt in your head as to how effective that’ll be moving up the leagues. 

Overall, even though we’ve won the league comfortably and deservedly so, there’s a part of me that thinks there’s so much more that we can get from this squad. That’s where I hope the difference is between McKinnon and whoever is appointed 

Queens didn’t score more than 3 goals in any game - unusual for champions even in a shortened season 

44 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Used to have a lot of respect for Queen's as a football club, but that has eroded significantly over the past year and a half. To reward such success with a sacking is truly disgusting behaviour.

Guess we’ll just need to take that on the chin. 

On 07/05/2021 at 21:22, Boris the Spider said:

Who do people thiink will still be here next season? Players/ coaches etc.

I think there may be a lot more changes than supporters realise. We're part of a different world now.

Looks like Boris knew something was about to happen.

could you pick my lottery numbers please

My immediate thought was John Kennedy for some reason. Fits the bill of someone who could be given a bit of a free reign at setting QP up from top to bottom. 

I hope they don't go down the McCoist/Lennon route, the appeal of Queens Park surely is the lack of ties to the old firm rather than trying to appeal to fans of either/both as a cuddly toy option when they can't get to see their own team.