Queen's Park 2020/21

3 hours ago, The man with no name said:

There's always one idiot!!!

What about his overhead clearance against Stirling Albion or his great stretching tackle in the box against Elgin. 2 tackles that got us the 4 points that got us the title!

Jamieson wouldn't have made those challenges.

Too close to home for you, was it? Ouch!

Let’s try these.

Who, on behalf of QPFC, signed the contract with Bell Building Projects?

What was the agreed contract price?

What was the tender price for the second and third bidders?

What contract type is in place?

Is the contract with BBP now terminated and if so by which of the two parties?

Subject to above, is QPFC now in arbitration  with BBP?

Subject to above, are matters being resolved and If so what’s the most likely completion and handover dates?

If the contract is terminated, is QPFC in dialogue with an alternative contractor and if so is it one of the two unsuccessful bidders?

The advertised contract value is £2.6m. Given our settlement with the SFA was £2m “up front” and an additional £1m when completed I.e. with habitation certificate, is the club now in financial peril?

Is it possible or probable that the existing design will be value engineered to offset losses due to the failure to complete the original contract on time and within budget?

From memory (as no slide packs were ever issued) the total sum for Hampden was £5m with the balance of £2m being paid in equal annual instalments over 8 years from the date of handover to SFA. To achieve the £5m selling price two benefactors offered to “top-up” the SFA’s original undervalued offer. Is that offer now consolidated in writing and will it still be available to the club over the next eight years?

What is the risk to Queen’s Park Football Club Limited being liquidated?

All legitimate points BYOS. The club is going to have to come out of hiding at some point. They can help remove a lot of the uncertainty and some of the annoyance by making themselves available to the support. 

Each passing day and week where they fail to acknowledge concerns only builds a them/us split, which we can ill afford during a time of transition. It's actually extremely disrespectful to those who have bought season tickets/membership/bought the jerseys/sponsored the players. Is it a case of just hand your money over and ask no questions? It looks that way. Problems won't stop being problems if we pretend they're not happening. 

21 minutes ago, an86 said:

All legitimate points BYOS. The club is going to have to come out of hiding at some point. They can help remove a lot of the uncertainty and some of the annoyance by making themselves available to the support. 

Each passing day and week where they fail to acknowledge concerns only builds a them/us split, which we can ill afford during a time of transition. It's actually extremely disrespectful to those who have bought season tickets/membership/bought the jerseys/sponsored the players. Is it a case of just hand your money over and ask no questions? It looks that way. Problems won't stop being problems if we pretend they're not happening. 

They are also in the fortunate position of sitting behind keyboards. Open discussions at games or asking for a heads up in a tight social club will put them under pressure to actually give a dignified response. That will come in due course I suppose. 

7 hours ago, qpfc said:

I’d be inclined to agree. There’s a selection of players who I’d say who are more than capable of playing in league 1, however whether they would be capable of winning or at least competing at the top end of league 1 next season is a different question all together

As it stands this how I’d view the squad going into next season:

Definitely keep- Muir, Doyle, Grant, Kilday, Robson, Carroll, Gillespie, Lyon, Quitongo, longridge, Murray and although I’ve not rated him, I’d imagine McHugh will still be around. 

Unsure- Maclean, Galt, Morrison, Baynham, Slater(too injury prone despite his ability). 

I have no argument with your projection. Sadly, I think the game is passing Galt by. McLean has some touches worth noting but overall does not dominate. Morrison has been discussed and Baynham obviously does not suit Ray. Slater - who is he?

23 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Let’s try these.

Subject to above, are matters being resolved and If so what’s the most likely completion and handover dates?

If the contract is terminated, is QPFC in dialogue with an alternative contractor and if so is it one of the two unsuccessful bidders?

The advertised contract value is £2.6m. Given our settlement with the SFA was £2m “up front” and an additional £1m when completed I.e. with habitation certificate, is the club now in financial peril?

Is it possible or probable that the existing design will be value engineered to offset losses due to the failure to complete the original contract on time and within budget?

From memory (as no slide packs were ever issued) the total sum for Hampden was £5m with the balance of £2m being paid in equal annual instalments over 8 years from the date of handover to SFA. To achieve the £5m selling price two benefactors offered to “top-up” the SFA’s original undervalued offer. Is that offer now consolidated in writing and will it still be available to the club over the next eight years?

I am sitting in my sisters flat in Sommerville Drive, having lunch with her, as I do every Wednesday and low and behold there are workmen in Lesser knocking down part of the boundary wall that backs on to Hampden. Is this the start of the new work at Lesser or are these guys just tidying up part of the problems from Bells Building Projects? Come on TMWNN, if you have recovered from being tossed about by the team,, the night we one the League, let us know please.

On 27/04/2021 at 13:44, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Let’s try these.

Now to be known as a 'Boris'..

Just reading the Queen's programme against Clyde for 21st December 1957 - the last time Queen's were in the top flight. At that date Queen's were bottom of the table with 4 points from 14 games, and there was this wee paragraph in the editorial - "It is at times such as the present that there is raised the old cry "Queen's should turn professional." . . .. But it comes from those without knowledge of the old club. Verb sap."

It only took another 63 years...

FC9229BE-F52F-44C7-8BAA-6A58E009CE25.thumb.jpeg.82b4daa9c81f4996597aa3b44ee4ea8b.jpeg

Nice to see Mr Hunter is still about. Would’ve been a good opportunity to address concerns about the last game at Hampden, the new ground and the many questions surrounding the running of the club. Shame he hasn’t used it. 

Committee men etc on the park last night after we lifted the trophy, while the rest of us are stuck in the house. 

Will remember that next season. Especially after our next pitch invasion.

Edited by Mick1867

Apparently some of the players will be at the QP Community kids football sessions tomorrow with the trophy. Great idea, and the sort of thing we should be doing more of to hopefuly grow our local support (ignoring for now of course the fact that we may not be playing locally for a while)

13 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

Apparently some of the players will be at the QP Community kids football sessions tomorrow with the trophy. Great idea, and the sort of thing we should be doing more of to hopefuly grow our local support (ignoring for now of course the fact that we may not be playing locally for a while)

Yeah it's great. My nieces go and a few of the players went along to the sessions that were run over the Easter school holidays. All the kids were buzzin.  

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Committee men etc on the park last night after we lifted the trophy, while the rest of us are stuck in the house. 

Will remember that next season. Especially after our next pitch invasion.

Committee men on the pitch (again) and walking about with medals on as if they won it themselves 😂 They are taking the piss out of the supporters now to be honest.

Totally shameless. Don’t even see why it’s ‘essential’ for so many them to be at games never mind clearly breaching agreed COVID protocols.

If we’re serious about modernising the club then the first thing needs to be getting rid of these status obsessed chancers.

Edited by Big Badger

13 minutes ago, Big Badger said:

Committee men on the pitch (again) and walking about with medals on as if they won it themselves 😂 They are taking the piss out of the supporters now to be honest.

Totally shameless. Don’t even see why it’s ‘essential’ for so many them to be at games never mind clearly breaching agreed COVID protocols.

If we’re serious about modernising the club then the first thing needs to be getting rid of these status obsessed chancers.

Thought I saw a Committee mans wife on the park at one point. Would be surprised if Committee men were wearing medals, but must admit that I saw the guy they call Doc, with something round has neck but assumed it was a tag of some kind to do with him being in the stadium.

9 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Thought I saw a Committee mans wife on the park at one point. Would be surprised if Committee men were wearing medals, but must admit that I saw the guy they call Doc, with something round has neck but assumed it was a tag of some kind to do with him being in the stadium.

One rule for some fans and another for the rest clearly Dooflick.

You think they would at least be subtle considering how poorly they have treated the support this season. 

2 minutes ago, Big Badger said:

One rule for some fans and another for the rest clearly Dooflick.

You think they would at least be subtle considering how poorly they have treated the support this season. 

That's very true Badger

It was bad enough when the then club president forced his way into the on-field celebrations after the 2016 playoff final (the president who embarrassed himself in the aftermath of the Gretna cup tie)………..but this is really quite something.

1 hour ago, Big Badger said:

They've been on the park more often than Michael McGlinchey fucking was.