Queen's Park 2020/21

On 20/04/2021 at 15:02, Mick1867 said:

I'm pretty sure it will have restarted. Obviously anywhere outside of Glasgow is shite for us but Falkirk is easily the worst of the three options you've mentioned. It would be an awful choice to play there if fans are back at games. 

Even the Falkirk Travel Club don’t want to play there 😉

On 20/04/2021 at 15:02, Mick1867 said:

I'm pretty sure it will have restarted. Obviously anywhere outside of Glasgow is shite for us but Falkirk is easily the worst of the three options you've mentioned. It would be an awful choice to play there if fans are back at games. 

Hamilton definitely the best choice for our catchment area. Every stop on the Cathcart/Newton line gets you there in 25/30mins with a hop off and on for a change at Newton. Direct from Ruggy as well. You were looking at a trek on the train and a decent walk/taxi if you were running late for the bus for Airdrie. Not that I'd ever do such a thing, of course.

7 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Michael Doyle for me, closely followed by Peter Grant. Undecided for my 3rd place 

So many contenders, Grant, Doyle, Muir, Kilday, Gillespie, Lyon, Quitongo. 

Even the guys like Paterson, Murray and Morrison who have been limited in appearances have come in and been brilliant.

Total squad effort!

11 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

Even the guys like Paterson, Murray and Morrison who have been limited in appearances have come in and been brilliant.

Total squad effort!

Aye it sure has been. Robson was great over the first nine games. Longridge over the last nine games has also been a stand out.

For me, it's our defence that has won it for us.  Edinburgh City have scored the same number of goals as us but conceded 14 more. And when you consider that's the positions where we have far less options then they've done some job.

Doyle has been like the T-1000 up and down that right side all season.    

Top 30 Terminator Running GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Leeann Dempster: Hibs legacy, SFA ambitions and being 'in love' with Queen's Park - BBC Sport

I think folk would like more detail on what's going on with the stadium rather than a passing 'highly unlikely' comment on it. 
I agree. Plus once again we're hearing things through the media before we hear it from the club. If an agreement is in place the you would think the club could tell us more.
Thanks for posting the link.

We know members of the committee read the board. The club has been approached by more than one supporter to request an online meeting. Absolutely nothing back beyond an acknowledgement that the message would be passed on. 

These were constructive and absolutely reasonable requests to invite the club to engage with the support on various issues. They have outright refused to do so. I want everyone at the club to be pulling in the same direction, but we really have to be met half way. Not only is that not happening, we are simply not being acknowledged.

If this football club cannot connect with the people who already love and support it, it's going to be some job to engage with potential new supporters who do not. 

I've tried to be constructive about this and the guys on the committee are supporters as well, and I've absolutely no hostility towards them personally. However, a gentle reminder to them that you are elected as committee members by the membership. It is not acceptable for you not to engage with that membership when requested, and for us to be drip fed through the press. 

If the club will not come to the membership, then it's regrettably going to have to go the other way. I believe 5% is the number required for triggering an EGM. I'm confident that this threshold would be met. Ball is in your court, lads. 

Edited by an86

Perhaps we might hear or learn something at the AGM .... Maybe not.

We are aware that the development of the stadium has hit problems and that "legal issues" cloak everything but all the fans want to know is  where we will be playing next season and  is it for the whole of the season etc  .

I think the new ground is along way off ☹️

10 hours ago, lavvyheid said:

We are aware that the development of the stadium has hit problems and that "legal issues" cloak everything but all the fans want to know is  where we will be playing next season and  is it for the whole of the season etc  .

That’s not enough. However this plays out it’s going to cost the club money, a fair bit in my estimation. The President and his committee are responsible for the club’s money and any gains or losses associated with the running of the club, Regardless of who pulled the pin, it’s the committee’s responsibility to deliver the revamped stadium on time and within the budget and they’ve failed on the former and almost certainly will fail on the latter.

The biggest clue to who was negligent is the fact that Bell removed all their plant and equipment from site. If they were kicked off the job that would all be behind locked gates pending settlement. 

It's not even any problem with the ground that is my main source of annoyance. Shit happens during building projects and times of radical change within organisations. I'd actually have been surprised if any of this had been seamless.

I'm not looking for a blame game. I simply want them to communicate with us. The silence on this and other issues is totally unacceptable. During the Hampden negotiations, we were regularly updated on a complex issue without breaches of commercial confidentiality. This is why it feels like a bit of a cop out to hide behind that. Pretending the fans don't exist won't make theses issues go away. It'll make them ten times worse. 

It's a shame that what should be an enormously positive time for the club has such a shadow cast over it. Things have gone brilliantly on the pitch and there remains an excitement about the general direction of the club off the pitch. 

Naturally, the distance between the club and support was going to occur naturally during the pandemic. Other clubs, with fewer resources than us, have managed to keep their fans in the loop, though. I really hope they do not attempt to insult our collective intelligence by blaming their silence on the pandemic. The last time I checked, I don't believe the WHO had stated a particularly large risk of Covid transmission over Zoom or Teams. 

Edited by an86

On 24/04/2021 at 13:08, lavvyheid said:

I think that the members will be asked to e-mail questions to the club for the AGM. The ball is in your court, you guys who are members, to ask the right questions and not take no for an answer. If I remember correctly the AGM, when I was a member, was always held in May, so it will be only a few weeks away for you to get the answers you are looking for.

10 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

I think that the members will be asked to e-mail questions to the club for the AGM. The ball is in your court, you guys who are members, to ask the right questions and not take no for an answer. If I remember correctly the AGM, when I was a member, was always held in May, so it will be only a few weeks away for you to get the answers you are looking for.

There needs to be something before the AGM. The fans, not just those with a membership card, deserve the opportunity to have their concerns addressed and their questions answered. 

Leeann Dempster was great on fan engagement at Hibs, I'm told. I'm not sure if that's part of her role here. It's an area that requires urgent attention, though. 

Just general questions like how the club is looking to operate on a day to day basis, and who is doing what, haven't really been answered. Fairly benign stuff. Nobody is asking that the fans be heavily involved in operational decision making. Just tell us stuff. 

On 24/04/2021 at 10:33, Ben Reilly said:

Interview with Leeann Dempster on BBC sport app this morning where she says there is 'an agreement in place for a temporary new home'
Sorry, I can't figure out how to link to the article on P&B.

Did Queens Park look at using Firhill until lesser Hampden was ready?

On 23/04/2021 at 10:32, The Resurrection said:

Total squad effort!

It has been. Very difficult to pick just one out. The defence have been rock solid and you could pick any one of them. Quality performances week after week right through the team. 

Robson first part of the year, Longridge second. Consistent - Doyle, Grant? Quitongo for the excitement? Gillespie for the great work, largely unspectacular? Very difficult to choose. Ditto the goal of the season, although the Galt / Slater goal at Anna was my personal favourite.

I read in David Galt's programme notes recently that the players were practicing hitting penalties off the crossbar to head home the rebound.

Based on my efforts today, I'm not applying to join the team next season. I did manage to hit the crossbar with three penalties out of four, but sadly none came back towards my heid. The fourth penalty was skied so badly I drew laughter from some kids sitting nearby.

It's not an easy skill to master.

Did Queens Park look at using Firhill until lesser Hampden was ready?
I have no idea. The club hasn't been very forthcoming with information about the situation at Lesser or where we'll be playing our home games next season.

On 24/04/2021 at 10:33, Ben Reilly said:

Interview with Leeann Dempster on BBC sport app this morning where she says there is 'an agreement in place for a temporary new home'
Sorry, I can't figure out how to link to the article on P&B.

Yes - I stumbled across this on the most consistent source of QP information on the web. The Bulgarian Facebook page. 

Bulgarian Facebook guy is getting my committee nomination. Do I have a seconder...?