Queen's Park 2020/21

20 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

Would we not just play at Falkirk on 2 consecutive Friday evenings if both Falkirk and ourselves are top at the split?

So our opposition would play Friday night then Saturday afternoon? I don't think so

3 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Probably been answered on here but any update on Lesser Hampden for next season? Or are your board still silent on it?

Nothing happening at all last time I walked by. Can't see it being built for start of next season 

Was there any agreement with the SFA re using it as a warm-up/training pitch for the Euros?
I think the Club were thinking about renting the building out, if not the pitch too. Good opportunity for the souvenir shop to sell QP snoods and "Oor Wullie in a QP top" badges.

19 hours ago, tamthebam said:

If it is a TARDIS then go back in time to Rutherglen, 1878, and have a lynch mob chase Clyde's founders out of town.... 

I believe they were north of the river then, Bridgeton although what would now be part of Dalmarnock. It was 1897 before they crossed to the Southside. Apparently some other team had  started up in Barrowfield and gained support from the large Irish community in Glasgow’s East End, effectively draining Clyde’s support. Not sure what became of the incomers.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

On 18/04/2021 at 19:28, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

You can say what you like about Lesser Hampden, but the new toilets have a superb view of the pitch.

This is the current state of play, as of one minute ago.

IMG_20210418_192406.jpeg

Will it be one ball boy and they use that club scooter to motor around the pitch?

On 18/04/2021 at 01:13, Mick1867 said:

Nothing happening at all last time I walked by. Can't see it being built for start of next season 

It's not rocket science to say that we need to increase our fanbase if our meteoric rise up the leagues is to be sustainable in the long term. 

A season (hopefully) challenging for promotion from league 1 would be a good place to start attracting new fans.

It's hard to see how we do that if we are playing our home games in Falkirk or Cumbernauld or Airdrie. 

Whatever the problems are with the redevelopment of Lesser Hampden, they need to get sorted out sooner rather than later.

We should have been trying to clinch the title at Lesser tonight. At least there would have been better vantage points for the faithful than Falkirk with a potential pished-up conga up and down Letherby Drive thrown in 

14 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

It's not rocket science to say that we need to increase our fanbase if our meteoric rise up the leagues is to be sustainable in the long term. 

A season (hopefully) challenging for promotion from league 1 would be a good place to start attracting new fans.

It's hard to see how we do that if we are playing our home games in Falkirk or Cumbernauld or Airdrie. 

Whatever the problems are with the redevelopment of Lesser Hampden, they need to get sorted out sooner rather than later.

I would not think that there will be any work done in Lesser until the Euros are finished at Hampden. It would not look good if it was a working building site when games are being played and it would be a nightmare for security. Start of next season we will be at Airdrie or Hamilton in my opinion or maybe Falkirk if the Lowland League has not restarted as East Stirling will be playing there. 

28 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

maybe Falkirk if the Lowland League has not restarted as East Stirling will be playing there. 

I'm pretty sure it will have restarted. Obviously anywhere outside of Glasgow is shite for us but Falkirk is easily the worst of the three options you've mentioned. It would be an awful choice to play there if fans are back at games. 

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

I would not think that there will be any work done in Lesser until the Euros are finished at Hampden. It would not look good if it was a working building site when games are being played 

It shouldn't be any concern of Queen's Park's what it looks like.  They don't owe UEFA or the SFA a pretty view.