Queen's Park 2020/21

15 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

I assume Luca Connell is out the trip to Brechin on Saturday as he's in the Ireland under 21 squad playing Wales on Friday night.

Game kicks off 1pm in North Wales so might be time to get him back up the road 😉  

Aye he's probably out, especially if he gets a game

If it’s the post I saw it wasn’t having a go at “fans”  it was suggesting there was more to the situation to one fan. From the Presidents interview perhaps there is more happening than confidentiality allows. I guess we need to trust and be patient and realise that detailed updates may have a negative effect at this time. 

13 hours ago, Spiderer said:

If it’s the post I saw it wasn’t having a go at “fans”  it was suggesting there was more to the situation to one fan. From the Presidents interview perhaps there is more happening than confidentiality allows. I guess we need to trust and be patient and realise that detailed updates may have a negative effect at this time. 

This isn't just about Lesser. 

The club didn't express a view on the continuation and format of the season. 

The club has said nothing on Colt teams. 

The club has given us no indication as to what the actual structure is going to be going forward. Leeann Dempster has been appointed and let me be quite unequivocal about saying that I'm delighted that we've attracted someone of her calibre, but we've also advertised for another position. I think that big structural changes should be communicated to the membership before the press as a matter of courtesy and respect. 

Also, to not acknowledge a significant moment like our last league game at Hampden was completely out of step with how supporters were feeling. Nobody is asking for decision making powers or anything drastic here, we're simply asking to be kept in the loop by those who were elected and appointed to make those decisions and agree club stances. 

*Edited to add announcing Falkirk, less than a week after announcing Broadwood. 

Edited by an86

Regarding lesser Hampden, to anyone that passes by on a regular basis, it’s clear nothing other than clearing the materials away. has been done in a while. If there’s an issue with the previous contractor, why don’t they move on and have someone in now carrying on, surveying what’s been done and what needs doing? Forget whoever was doing it previously, if they’ve wound up their operation or whatever, you’re not getting them back on site so quickly move on it and get things built.

17 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

With Ochilview as backup. So much for the waffle about pitch size, coaching staff involvement etc.

Yep, clearly another lie spun to supporters. They seem to think we don’t notice these things.

Not fussed about where we play this year as we can’t go anyway, but what a disaster if it’s Falkirk next season.

Meant to be a brave new era for the Club and even if we do have fans back could be doing it in front of less than 100 home fans in League One. They have a few months to get this sorted but I would be stunned if they do based on previous incompetence.

13 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

What's the reason behind McKinnon stinking out the Falkirk dugout again? Did you agree to have Hampden emptied by a certain date?

Aye, with Lesser not finished etc and the semis/finals/euros the SFA wouldn't lend them it.

Queue NL offering Broadwood for a groundshare with us, but that being patched and Falkirk being used instead because Shire still aren't playing etc. so that offers more flexibility.

Sincerely, a Clyde walloper (with a fondness for QP which has suddenly been embittered)

12 hours ago, Spiderer said:

If it’s the post I saw it wasn’t having a go at “fans”  it was suggesting there was more to the situation to one fan. 

You can spin it any way you want but the comments in the post from that "one fan" were pretty much representative of the support as a whole, given the comments that appeared below it, as well as many on here. The response from the committee member was arrogant and dismissive. I thought he showed remarkable restraint in not responding in the same manner. Then again, unlike the committee member, he wasn't pished at 3am when he posted 

Edited by Mick1867

8 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Queue NL offering Broadwood for a groundshare with us, but that being patched and Falkirk being used instead because Shire still aren't playing etc. so that offers more flexibility.

Cumbernauld Colts aren't playing either so what's the difference between us playing the rest of this season at Broadwood or Falkirk?

Heard a rumour that Colts objected to us using Broadwood...but why would they do that? 

44 minutes ago, Northsea80 said:

Regarding lesser Hampden, to anyone that passes by on a regular basis, it’s clear nothing other than clearing the materials away. has been done in a while. If there’s an issue with the previous contractor, why don’t they move on and have someone in now carrying on, surveying what’s been done and what needs doing? Forget whoever was doing it previously, if they’ve wound up their operation or whatever, you’re not getting them back on site so quickly move on it and get things built.

From the little the club have said there seems to be a legal/contractual dispute with the company which was doing the work, so it probably isn't as easy as just getting someone else to do it.

13 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

This move really doesn't matter as others have stated, it's essentially saying you'll have a different camera angle to watch the game from. 

You are correct in terms of the slightly different camera angle, but to announce one venue as our home ground and then announce a different venue six days later does not inspire confidence in those who are in charge of our club.

13 minutes ago, Big Badger said:

Of course it matters. A club having a stadium to call its own is one of the fundamentals to any success. You don’t need to play devil’s advocate for the club any time some dissent is expressed. 

Its a temporary measure, well have a good stadium down the line. I'm not playing devil advocate, I'm expressing my opinion.

8 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

You are correct in terms of the slightly different camera angle, but to announce one venue as our home ground and then announce a different venue six days later does not inspire confidence in those who are in charge of our club.

Agreed.