Queen's Park 2020/21

The President’s Update confirmed a couple of things today. Firstly, if you want to communicate to the committee, Pie and Bovril is the best way.

Secondly, despite numerous fans mentioning how poor an ending to our lifelong relationship with Hampden was coming, the President couldn’t acknowledge this would be our last ever fixture at Hampden. Buoyancy about all the “future” items and completely blanking the current crisis. And it is a crisis, seemingly of our own making. Money in the bank, no debt but somehow nowhere to play and no idea when or how this will get better.

And if all that wasn’t hurtful enough we now have to groundshare with the Gypsy Army.

Couldn't believe that such a momentous event than our last game at Hampden was barely mentioned by the President or the commentators.  I know that at least one of the commentators will be really upset about this  - so there must be some sort of party line handed out not to mention it. 

Just be honest about what is happening. All this silence and subterfuge is making a bad situation worse.

12 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

Couldn't believe that such a momentous event than our last game at Hampden was barely mentioned by the President or the commentators.  I know that at least one of the commentators will be really upset about this  - so there must be some sort of party line handed out not to mention it. 

Just be honest about what is happening. All this silence and subterfuge is making a bad situation worse.

It’s pretty obvious why they can’t be honest about it Boris.

We’re a funny team at the moment. Don’t know if it the covid thing or the change in the club or the off field pish, but I’m struggling a bit to connect with the team at the moment. Not even sure I could tell you what ‘kind’ of team we are. 

Comfortable win today without looking particularly in control or making too many chances.  Am I being too harsh?

4 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

We’re a funny team at the moment. Don’t know if it the covid thing or the change in the club or the off field pish, but I’m struggling a bit to connect with the team at the moment. Not even sure I could tell you what ‘kind’ of team we are. 

Comfortable win today without looking particularly in control or making too many chances.  Am I being too harsh?

I think the team, indeed the club, are struggling to connect with us. A lot of people in Queen's Park now that have never seen or dealt with the fans face to face, I think a good number of them don't think we exist. Only reason for the absolutely shocking lack of communication in the last few weeks.

On the park, today definitely was comfortable, I'd say the most comfortable we've been all season. Whether that's due to the break in play affecting our opponents or improving us due to our full time status I don't know. 

The continued lack of acknowledgment of the last game at Hampden is absolutely ridiculous, to put it politely. I can only assume the club have something planned in terms of a celebration of Hampden in the near future...

I think the team, indeed the club, are struggling to connect with us. A lot of people in Queen's Park now that have never seen or dealt with the fans face to face, I think a good number of them don't think we exist. Only reason for the absolutely shocking lack of communication in the last few weeks.
On the park, today definitely was comfortable, I'd say the most comfortable we've been all season. Whether that's due to the break in play affecting our opponents or improving us due to our full time status I don't know. 
The continued lack of acknowledgment of the last game at Hampden is absolutely ridiculous, to put it politely. I can only assume the club have something planned in terms of a celebration of Hampden in the near future...
In today's update the president said that they had been trying to extend our use of Hampden, however the upcoming internationals, cup semi's and final, and euros meant that the sfa weren't willing/able to accommodate us. If Lesser isn't ready for the start of next season (and even if it is) perhaps we can get one last game at Hampden in July when it doesn't tend to be used for anything else.
Perhaps this is wishful thinking, but maybe that's why it hasn't been officially labeled our 'last' game there.
Keith's "prayer" in today's programme that we win the league this year and get the chance to be presented with the flag in front of fans at the start of next season would be a great way to have a proper send-off. Here's hoping he's had a tip off[emoji6]

I know that a couple of the guys on here are involved with the website/social media stuff.
Or better yet, we all know that at least some of the committee read this forum.
Could we please get the presidents interview from today put up online so that anyone who didn't/couldn't watch the stream can still get to see it.
That would be one small step in the right direction towards improving communication from the club to the fans.

I know that a couple of the guys on here are involved with the website/social media stuff.
Or better yet, we all know that at least some of the committee read this forum.
Could we please get the presidents interview from today put up online so that anyone who didn't/couldn't watch the stream can still get to see it.
That would be one small step in the right direction towards improving communication from the club to the fans.
Sorry, ignore that, I just saw it's already up.
Glad to see that it had already been thought of. Thank you.

I would have had Broadwood at the top of my list headed "Venues not to be considered".
Interesting to hear that the coaching staff had some say in the choice of venue for our home games. Hopefully they're right and it suits our style of play on a big pitch. I can't see it being easy for us to still be playing there next season if cumbernauld colts are playing again, so hopefully by the time the fans are allowed back we'll be playing somewhere easier to get to.

41 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

In today's update the president said that they had been trying to extend our use of Hampden, however the upcoming internationals, cup semi's and final, and euros meant that the sfa weren't willing/able to accommodate us. If Lesser isn't ready for the start of next season (and even if it is) perhaps we can get one last game at Hampden in July when it doesn't tend to be used for anything else.
Perhaps this is wishful thinking, but maybe that's why it hasn't been officially labeled our 'last' game there.
Keith's "prayer" in today's programme that we win the league this year and get the chance to be presented with the flag in front of fans at the start of next season would be a great way to have a proper send-off. Here's hoping he's had a tip offemoji6.png

Wishful thinking I’d say Ben Reilly. The conversation today should have been along the lines of “118 years...history...memories” etc and then straight into “Lesser is ready...theatre of dreams...reflects the regeneration of our club” etc. Awkward! So, better just to ignore the whole story. Besides, any show of emotion might not be approved by the people at the top.

11 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Wishful thinking I’d say Ben Reilly. The conversation today should have been along the lines of “118 years...history...memories” etc and then straight into “Lesser is ready...theatre of dreams...reflects the regeneration of our club” etc. Awkward! So, better just to ignore the whole story. Besides, any show of emotion might not be approved by the people at the top.

Things don't always work out as planned. So be it. I'm sure we'll have a stadium in due course. We can wait.

But to piss off your support by treating them like idiots is a different matter. I'm not as bothered as some about leaving Hampden. But it is an enormous part of our history and a lot of supporters are really upset about the lack of acknowledgement yesterday.  We all know it is a very difficult situation and we can't leave with the fanfare we would have liked. But to say nothing? A big mistake.

23 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

Things don't always work out as planned. So be it. I'm sure we'll have a stadium in due course. We can wait.

However this gets resolved, it’s going to cost a fair bit of our cash. Plus the rent at Broadwood. And reading both Hunte4 and Dempster’s very uncomfortable responses, it’s not getting fixed soon. Time is money.

14 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

Keith's "prayer" in today's programme that we win the league this year and get the chance to be presented with the flag in front of fans at the start of next season would be a great way to have a proper send-off. Here's hoping he's had a tip offemoji6.png

This would be great, honestly, but why can’t the Club just tell us that’s the intention? The lack of communication with fans and members is what’s disgraceful here. Too many people involved at Queen’s who love having information before the plebs and revel in being ‘in the know’. Dempster needs to get a grip (especially now we have bald committee members having a pop at fans on Facebook for daring to have an opinion).

Do the Club truly believe the SFA will let us in for one last game? It’s almost like we’ve never had dealings with the SFA before to prove they are total charlatans. We engaged in a grown up business deal with another professional organisation. The association owe us absolutely nothing.

This would be great, honestly, but why can’t the Club just tell us that’s the intention? The lack of communication with fans and members is what’s disgraceful here. Too many people involved at Queen’s who love having information before the plebs and revel in being ‘in the know’. Dempster needs to get a grip (especially now we have bald committee members having a pop at fans on Facebook for daring to have an opinion).
Do the Club truly believe the SFA will let us in for one last game? It’s almost like we’ve never had dealings with the SFA before to prove they are total charlatans. We engaged in a grown up business deal with another professional organisation. The association owe us absolutely nothing.
I dont disagree with any of that, I'm just trying to stay positive and hope for best. Quite possibly setting myself up for dissapointment, but we'll just have to wait and see.
I must have missed the spat on Facebook. I'm assuming it's since been deleted.
Another poor show from members of the committee if true, after the backlash in the last few days you'd think that they'd be trying to get back in the good graces of the members with nominations coming up soon.

On 20/03/2021 at 20:14, Anonymous Spider said:

Just a tad imo. I thought we looked impressive on Saturday considering the long lay off. We pretty much bossed the game. 

As for connecting with this team, I was finding it hard as well but it's almost impossible to build a  connection between the new players and the support when we're stuck in the house. Reckon the rapport would be pretty strong if we were there, especially at away games.  However the recent off the pitch stuff has made me appreciate their efforts on the pitch even more, it's the only thing I have at the moment that's maintaining my enthusiasm for everything. For 90 minutes they really lifted my spirits

Credit to the backroom team as well. I thought we'd be a bit leggy, but whatever work the players have been given over the layoff has clearly been effective. I worried about Murray's fitness, but he was flying. Just wee things like this give me hope that we're making real progress on the football side.