Queen's Park 2020/21

44 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Residence #22 | Excelsior Stadium Airdrie FC - SoccerBible

Probably unfeasible due to not having lights, as well as a lack of other facilities, but Newlandsfield will be lying unused until August at the earliest. 

Doubt if Newlandsfield will come up to SPFL standards and of course it has no lights for immediate mid-week games.

3 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Your 100% correct but surely some problem was spotted by Gleeds and brought to the attention of the Committee? Was their role in this the same as a Clerk of Works?

It’s unclear if Gleeds were appointed directly by QPFC or by Holmes Miller. As the PM though they are effectively performing the same function. In public sector works CoW are common and are directly employed (employee or contractor) by the Client. In private works, especially since CDM came into play and if it’s a BIM project, which for Holmes Miller would be a given, then the PM role covers various functions from pre-tender bids to stage 6 O&M. It’s not uncommon to have a PM also appointed as QS as it saves costs due to one set of prelims, establishment etc. But a Client, or their agent, needs to be on their toes and make sure the PM & QS roles are managed separately. By blending them, you have the same organisation building a cost plan which QPFC would sign-off on and then managing the construction phase and valuing the main contractor’s work. So if they undervalue the first stage, pre-contract, and have to deal with a contractor banging in extras every week during the construction phase, it’s going to get messy.

Going by the images posted, there’s not much evidence of structural elements going up, mostly demolition and clearances. Either somethings been discovered in the groundwork’s which wasn’t allowed for, such as contamination or underestimating poured concrete, and it’s evidently well over budget. Or, the contractor has done with knocking-down and reached a point where they were out of their depth. All I can factually state about them is that on their website, back when it started, they had a release on their News page re this project. They also have a Clients page, testimonials, on which they had the club crest on. Both have now been taken down. Whatever’s gone wrong, it’s serious and not getting fixed soon. 

The CEO says it’s “stalled”. The President is AWOL. Negotiations are dead, Ms Dempster’s body language confirmed that. If the club’s only recourse is the court.....

6 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

Anyone aware of Luca Connell? Heard a rumour that we are getting him on loan from Celtic till end of season

Rumours? Is that what you are calling official announcements from the club nowadays? 

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/loan-signings-boost-spiders/

Edited by NathanQP

28 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

Is that what you are calling official announcements from the club nowadays? 

Wonder if there will be any official announcements soon from the President.....maybe something on the breakdown of the Lesser construction project, where we will play our games while that clusterfuck is getting sorted out, our club's position on Old Firm Colts and other minor things like that 

59 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Wonder if there will be any official announcements soon from the President.....maybe something on the breakdown of the Lesser construction project, where we will play our games while that clusterfuck is getting sorted out, our club's position on Old Firm Colts and other minor things like that 

Having written to the Club, I understand they hope to issue a newsletter addressing some of  these concerns in the near future... 

44 minutes ago, Young Turk said:

Having written to the Club, I understand they hope to issue a newsletter addressing some of  these concerns in the near future... 

A newsletter ahahaha, this fucking club man. Shame they don’t have an official website they could use to communicate with supporters.

Still zero comment from anyone involved with Queen’s regards Saturday being our last game at Hampden Park. For a club that claims to care so much about its history, this is an absolute disgrace.

Fans being treated with total contempt. Club more than happy to announce additions to an already bloated squad but keeping a deathly silence over things people actually want to know about. 

Apparently there is something in the Daily Mail today by Stephen McGowan about the Lesser re-development going tits up and Saturday being our last game at Hampden. 

Still nothing official from our club.

Not good enough.

3 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

I've heard a whisper that there is a rumour that we may hear something within the next few days. 

Certainly before 4 April as that is the date of our next home game but that is just conjecture on my part.

18 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Has anyone found the President?????

We hardly heard a peep from Gerry Crawley when he was just another committee member. However when he became President you couldn't shut him up.  Whether you agreed with him or not, he stepped up and showed leadership when it mattered.

David Hunter seems to have done the opposite. No communication from him in months on the stuff that really matters. I like the guy and was impressed with him when he spoke at the meetings in 2019 but this is a weird time to go AWOL. Really strange behaviour. 

The whole committee in general need to stop hiding behind the pandemic and the office staff. Dempster might be our CEO but she's only an employee not that long in the door. The committee are still the ones we have trusted to be the guardians of our club. Don't know why but I expected better from some of them, especially the ones who's ticket for getting elected was all about being open and truly representative of the support.   

On 12/03/2021 at 15:40, Dooflick said:

You are dead right Mick and lack of communication is one of the reasons(amongst others) that I gave up my membership and now just buy an OAP season ticket. Recent examples of this are, not telling members when they co-opted Malky Mckay  onto the committee, the last time was in May 2019 I heard,  when current President David Hunter was co-opted onto the committee, when Alistair Marr was co-opted onto the committee, when Andrew McGlennan resigned from the committee, that the club, we all dearly love had formed a Charitable Trust and now the fact that there appears to be no building work going on at Lesser since, I understand the end of January. These are things that our new CEO will surely ensure do not happen again. In fairness regarding Lesser there may well be problems with the contractors that have to be sorted out, however , you Mick and others own the club and are entitled to better communication from these elected and sometimes those not elected committee men.           

Nice piece in the Daily Ranger today about QP and some comments from club legend Tony Quinn, where he says good things about the club and how he was with us for about 20 years as player and coach before he left at the end of last season. Strangely he is still listed on the club website as a coach. Another piece of lack of communication from the club, in not telling us that he had left and thanking him for his wonderful service to the club over these 20 odd years.