Queen's Park 2020/21

Right, got a few gripes. Life is pretty shite right now so forgive me for being a grumpy auld b*****d....
Would be nice to get an update from the club on the construction work at Lesser Hampden. Seems to have stopped. It was supposed to have been completed this month. I know that's not going to happen now given restrictions but do we have reassurances from the SFA that we can play at big Hampden until it's done? Some sort of communication with an update for the support would be nice.
Also the last I checked our club is still owned and run by the members and since last summer there have been major developments (appointing our first ever CEO, the establishment of the Charitable Trust etc) that weren't communicated to the members (club owners) before they were made public. First I heard about them was via the press or our social media.
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about these promising initiatives for the club as we continue to develop going forward. I also realise the pandemic/lockdown has restricted opportunities for meetings but there is absolutely no excuse for lack of communication by other means. Been months since any communication from the President. Yes, we elect the committee and put our trust in them to make the right decisions on behalf of all the supporters but it's still our football club, not a "project".
So club officials  and committee members who read (and sometimes post) on this site - feel free to give us some answers if you like.

I've got to agree with you on this one. I too have been dissapointed with the lack of engagement with fans and members on a number of big changes for the club. It wasnt long ago that we had information meetings, q&a with the president, monthly presidents blogs, and a meet the players event. I accept that covid has made many of these things impossible for the last year, but after a period of so much engagement it wouldn't be hard to keep some of that going with regular online updates. As others have said, hopefully our new CEO will begin to increase engagement once again.
On the progress of the stadium, it does seem to have ground to a halt, however the kids community programme (which before Christmas had been continuing to take place in Lesser while the work was going on) has now been allowed to restart in person sessions, which this time are happening off site, so hopefully that's a sign that work is ongoing and therefore the site is currently unsuitable for kids activities.

Queen's had a game against Hamilton Accies this afternoon at Hamilton, Queen's winning three two. Queen's were three up, with Peter Grant scoring a header after 40 minutes after a Galt free kick from the left, then doubled their lead right on the half time whistle when Simon Murray scored from close range after good play from Galt and McHugh. After making ten changes at half time, Queen's made it three in 62 minutes when Louis Longridge crossed from the left and a trialist finished nicely, lifting the ball over the keeper and just under the bar from 12 yards. The young Accies team pulled two goals back in 64 and 81 minutes.

1st Half: Willie Muir, Max Gillies, Tommy Robson, Michael Doyle, Peter Grant, Candice Carroll, Grant Gillespie, Ross MacLean, David Galt, Robert McHugh and Simon Murray.

2nd Half: Jacques Heraghty, Michael Doyle (Callum Biggar 76m), Lee Kilday, Stuart Morrison, Brodie Paterson, Louis Longridge, Darren Lyon, Jai Quitongo, Trialist, Salim Kouider-Aissa, Will Baynham.

13 minutes ago, qpsnapper said:

Queen's had a game against Hamilton Accies this afternoon at Hamilton, Queen's winning three two. Queen's were three up, with Peter Grant scoring a header after 40 minutes after a Galt free kick from the left, then doubled their lead right on the half time whistle when Simon Murray scored from close range after good play from Galt and McHugh. After making ten changes at half time, Queen's made it three in 62 minutes when Louis Longridge crossed from the left and a trialist finished nicely, lifting the ball over the keeper and just under the bar from 12 yards. The young Accies team pulled two goals back in 64 and 81 minutes.

1st Half: Willie Muir, Max Gillies, Tommy Robson, Michael Doyle, Peter Grant, Candice Carroll, Grant Gillespie, Ross MacLean, David Galt, Robert McHugh and Simon Murray.

2nd Half: Jacques Heraghty, Michael Doyle (Callum Biggar 76m), Lee Kilday, Stuart Morrison, Brodie Paterson, Louis Longridge, Darren Lyon, Jai Quitongo, Trialist, Salim Kouider-Aissa, Will Baynham.

Thanks for the info

Can we assume from his absence that Craig Slater is once again injured?

Have to agree with folk on the communication. Willing to give everyone a bit of a pass just now because no organisation or individuals are functioning normally. However, to hear nothing is not good enough.

Even a statement to say "we're not in a position to tell you much, looking forward to the restart etc" would be something. Just an acknowledgement that fans exist would be nice. It is unacceptable that we do not know for certain where our game on Saturday will be played, closed door or not. 

Interesting to hear what was said, or wasn't, about Lesser.  Friends of mine who live on the southside have told me that there's been no work done for several months and that over the last couple of days the builders have been packing up and clearing the site.  What could be going on?  I'm sure the club will want to let supporters know of any significant developments and the implications of a longer delay.

Nice to hear the purpose of the Club is to change lives and not, you know, win football matches and entertain the support. Wild patter.

Don’t even get me started on the stadium stuff. Three months to sort a home pitch and we are still doing ‘site visits’.

Hopefully Dempster does revolutionise the club because if we keep going like this we’ll be bust by Christmas. Clown show.

Edited by Big Badger

1 hour ago, Big Badger said:

Nice to hear the purpose of the Club is to change lives and not, you know, win football matches and entertain the support. Wild patter.

That's life changing enough for me tbh

So that's us getting booted out of Hampden soon just as construction at Lesser grinds to a halt. Shambles. Dempster seems to have inherited a mess. 

Where's the President in all this? 

Edited by Mick1867

2 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Stalled. Legal reasons. Interesting. 

Good Q&A - timing maybe not the best. Do we know when this was filmed? Is she talking about this Monday / Tuesday or next?  

Filmed before this week. 

21 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/building-up-for-saturday/

Still Hampden on Sat if this is true.

If I have read things correctly this Saturday  will be our last game at Hampden. I was told that our agreement with the SFA was up until the 31st March and that is a week on Saturday. Cannot see the SFA allowing us us to play past that. Don't want us to go to far away but I was wondering if there was a Lowland League team with a grass park somewhere that we could use and finish the season on grass as opposed to artificial turf.

5 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

Why wouldn’t it be true?

Perhaps because there's been doubt cast over where Queen's will play home games for the rest of the season.  Leeann Dempster indicated that in her interview, as you know.  Dooflick has since kindly shared his understanding that Queen's will be at Hampden until the end of this month, but there's been nothing officially confirmed by the club about the immediate future and people are legitimately unsure of what's happening or what to believe.

Edited by Chester Desmond

3 minutes ago, Chester Desmond said:

Perhaps because there's been doubt cast over where Queen's will play home games for the rest of the season.  Leeann Dempster indicated that in her interview, as you know.  Dooflick has since kindly shared his understanding that Queen's will be at Hampden until the end of this month, but there's been nothing officially confirmed by the club about the immediate future and people are legitimately unsure of what's happening or what to believe.

The club has confirmed that the game is at Hampden on Saturday, that’s what he was questioning.