Queen's Park 2020/21

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Right, got a few gripes. Life is pretty shite right now so forgive me for being a grumpy auld b*****d....

Would be nice to get an update from the club on the construction work at Lesser Hampden. Seems to have stopped. It was supposed to have been completed this month. I know that's not going to happen now given restrictions but do we have reassurances from the SFA that we can play at big Hampden until it's done? Some sort of communication with an update for the support would be nice.

Also the last I checked our club is still owned and run by the members and since last summer there have been major developments (appointing our first ever CEO, the establishment of the Charitable Trust etc) that weren't communicated to the members (club owners) before they were made public. First I heard about them was via the press or our social media.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about these promising initiatives for the club as we continue to develop going forward. I also realise the pandemic/lockdown has restricted opportunities for meetings but there is absolutely no excuse for lack of communication by other means. Been months since any communication from the President. Yes, we elect the committee and put our trust in them to make the right decisions on behalf of all the supporters but it's still our football club, not a "project".

So club officials  and committee members who read (and sometimes post) on this site - feel free to give us some answers if you like.

You are dead right Mick and lack of communication is one of the reasons(amongst others) that I gave up my membership and now just buy an OAP season ticket. Recent examples of this are, not telling members when they co-opted Malky Mckay  onto the committee, the last time was in May 2019 I heard,  when current President David Hunter was co-opted onto the committee, when Alistair Marr was co-opted onto the committee, when Andrew McGlennan resigned from the committee, that the club, we all dearly love had formed a Charitable Trust and now the fact that there appears to be no building work going on at Lesser since, I understand the end of January. These are things that our new CEO will surely ensure do not happen again. In fairness regarding Lesser there may well be problems with the contractors that have to be sorted out, however , you Mick and others own the club and are entitled to better communication from these elected and sometimes those not elected committee men.           

Hey guys just wondering with yourselves due to move to Lesser Hampden your last game at Hampden will probably be without a crowd which will be a real shame. Are there any plans to have a final game there once crowds return for a goodbye? Something like a friendly with Notts County would be a good one oldest league clubs in England and Scotland. Be sad if you move without the fans getting one last game there.

23 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Hey guys just wondering with yourselves due to move to Lesser Hampden your last game at Hampden will probably be without a crowd which will be a real shame. Are there any plans to have a final game there once crowds return for a goodbye? Something like a friendly with Notts County would be a good one oldest league clubs in England and Scotland. Be sad if you move without the fans getting one last game there.

Originally the last League game at Hampden was due to be against Edinburgh City but Covid robbed us of a good piss up with our old Spiders pals 

On 12/03/2021 at 18:04, San Starko Rover said:

Sadly, as you'll see from a couple of posts above yours, the club has stopped communicating with fans, including members, on plans for Lesser Hampden / use of Hampden in recent months, so your guess is as good as anyone's. Who knows when the last match at Hampden will be, or where Queen's will play immediately after that? 

Communicating with fans has never been a strong point at QP. The website is there to be used. Are we back in training? Wouldn't know if I was relying on the club telling me. Other clubs have posted pictures of their team at training with some comments from players of how they feel about being back. Comments from managers/head coaches are all over other websites. Friendlies have been announced. Development of our future new home is top interest for fans but the only news on the website is that the office is closed. A message from Ms Dempster setting out her role and aims for the future would have been nice. Is anybody in?

18 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Will the club rename "lesser Hampden" 

To me that name does need changed as the whole set up of the club and new regime seem progressive and lesser sounds small.

Fourth Hampden?

Oh I think there’s a fair few people inside the club that would like the name changed too.

As other have said  a couple of pics  showing the team back in training would be good  especially now that we know it's all starting again on Saturday.

I am disappointed with the clubs communications and  hopefully the new CEO  will put that right but I won't hold my breath on that one.

An update  on the redevelopment of Lesser would be welcomed by all QP supporters/members etc.

Will the club rename "lesser Hampden" 
To me that name does need changed as the whole set up of the club and new regime seem progressive and lesser sounds small.
Fourth Hampden?

Should just put it up for Sponsorship naming rights, can’t be Hampden Park for obvious reasons and Lesser Hampden while historic does sound small so why not go with Sponsors naming the ground as fans will have no real emotional attachment to Lesser Hampden as a name. Either that or let the club members put forward suggestions and vote on it, I think Caledonian Braves did this for their team name and ground. Perhaps naming it after a club legend.

45 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Should just put it up for Sponsorship naming rights, can’t be Hampden Park for obvious reasons and Lesser Hampden while historic does sound small so why not go with Sponsors naming the ground as fans will have no real emotional attachment to Lesser Hampden as a name. Either that or let the club members put forward suggestions and vote on it, I think Caledonian Braves did this for their team name and ground. Perhaps naming it after a club legend.

At the current rate of building progress it'll be called the Penny Cars Stadium, Airdrie. 

3 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Naming rights were offered to Haughey's company as part of his sponsorship deal but he didn't want it. Told the club to make some money from elsewhere. Pretty certain that the new ground will have a sponsor when it eventually opens. This is the sort of thing Dempster has been brought in to do.  

Naming rights were offered to Haughey's company as part of his sponsorship deal but he didn't want it. Told the club to make some money from elsewhere. Pretty certain that the new ground will have a sponsor when it eventually opens. This is the sort of thing Dempster has been brought in to do.  

Obviously you can’t call it just Hampden Park like all your previous grounds as that’s still the name of the National Stadium next door but how about “insert Sponsors name” Stadium at Hampden Park. Let you keep Hampden Park for historical reasons but allows sponsorship and differentiates from the National Stadium. Hope to get a game against you guys when you’ve moved, been past Lesser Hampden many times but never been in. Anyway good luck with your move and hopefully promotion to League 1.

I reckon most folk will just call it Lesser, simply because that's what they've called it forever. The Bru Camp still gets my vote for the fact it'd generate some publicity and would be something that would stick in folks minds, whereas The Go Radio Arena or Hampden Cabs Stadium wouldn't. 

12 minutes ago, an86 said:

I reckon most folk will just call it Lesser, simply because that's what they've called it forever. The Bru Camp still gets my vote for the fact it'd generate some publicity and would be something that would stick in folks minds, whereas The Go Radio Arena or Hampden Cabs Stadium wouldn't. 

I can't see us going with The GoRadio arena as that wouldn't bring money into the club as it's a Haughey project. Well hopefully have a sponsor that has a decent name and a big bank balance.

54 minutes ago, an86 said:

I'm bang up for the Bru Camp... I personally might just go with that whatever the eventual decision. 

Sad to think we might have played our final game at Hampden already.