Queen's Park 2020/21

Guest The Phoenix
22 minutes ago, an86 said:

Two clubs already this season, but that rule may have changed? 

Two words... Jack Hamilton 

3 hours ago, Boris the Spider said:

What are the chances of Salim coming back for the rest of the season?

Editing my original reply!

Was an excellent player for us last season  but I do wonder if his return means one of our existing strikers is leaving?

Edited by Spider Rico

Wasn’t much sign of life at Lesser when I walked past this morning but a couple of players have posted about a return to training yesterday 

Have seen a few other teams officially announce that their players are back and the odd bounce game/friendly being arranged..........

Edited by Spider Rico

51 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

LoveIy to see Sal back but is that about eight strikers now and one right back? I really hope Michael Doyle is fit as f**k or a robot

Maybe Ray's gonna change from 4-4-2 to 2-3-5. Should be fun.

Yes, would be good to see some defensive options. I would prefer Morrison as a midfielder than cover for full backs.

On 27/02/2021 at 11:24, Passionate said:

How is the refurb of Lesser getting on,    you guys must be scunnered if we cannot get started and end up stuck in league 2 another year...

Always enjoyed the Airdrie v Queens games, hopefully soon

I was one of the lucky few at the league cup final and when parked we went for a walk around Hampden.

You can certainly see some of the progress and I will try and post some of the pictures later.

One of the best views is from the steps of the West stand in the corner of the South stand. Will they take steps to put gates there otherwise even with a small roof on the Hampden Park side of the development a large amount of the pitch is in view. Obviously in the late 90's this was not thought about but could be an issue going forward.

Delighted to see Sal back at the club, always had a feeling he’d return after his Thistle loan was cut short. His superb aerial ability and presence up top will certainly add a different dimension as I have question marks over Baynham’s ability to fully deputise for either Murray or Mchugh. Going to be interesting to see who leads the line for majority of the remaining games. Just hoping we can change it up now and again from the 4-4-2

18 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

QP have approached Motherwell over a potential loan move for Ross MacIver apparently. 

Saw this quoted earlier

Would be a bizarre and quite frankly pointless signing given the number of forwards we have in the squad

1 hour ago, Spider Rico said:

Saw this quoted earlier

Would be a bizarre and quite frankly pointless signing given the number of forwards we have in the squad

Agree. We need defensive backup. We are vulnerable in this area with a key man injury prone. I was also sad to see McGlinchey leave. Thought he was a tidy player. We have a five point cushion to defend. If we can achieve clean sheets in 50% of remaining games we will coast this.

17 hours ago, realmadrid said:

One of the best views is from the steps of the West stand in the corner of the South stand. Will they take steps to put gates there otherwise even with a small roof on the Hampden Park side of the development a large amount of the pitch is in view. Obviously in the late 90's this was not thought about but could be an issue going forward.

Apparently the roof of the stand on that side will be a lot higher than the roof of the stand on the other side. Not sure if that will block every angle but pretty sure most of the pitch won't be visible

On 10/03/2021 at 19:44, QPSpider1867 said:

QP have approached Motherwell over a potential loan move for Ross MacIver apparently. 

Seems to have chose Partick Thistle according to reports on Twitter. Was surprised we were looking at another attacker anyway since Sal came back. A further defensive option and attacking mid to cover for Slater would be my preferences for signings this month 

Right, got a few gripes. Life is pretty shite right now so forgive me for being a grumpy auld b*****d....

Would be nice to get an update from the club on the construction work at Lesser Hampden. Seems to have stopped. It was supposed to have been completed this month. I know that's not going to happen now given restrictions but do we have reassurances from the SFA that we can play at big Hampden until it's done? Some sort of communication with an update for the support would be nice.

Also the last I checked our club is still owned and run by the members and since last summer there have been major developments (appointing our first ever CEO, the establishment of the Charitable Trust etc) that weren't communicated to the members (club owners) before they were made public. First I heard about them was via the press or our social media.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about these promising initiatives for the club as we continue to develop going forward. I also realise the pandemic/lockdown has restricted opportunities for meetings but there is absolutely no excuse for lack of communication by other means. Been months since any communication from the President. Yes, we elect the committee and put our trust in them to make the right decisions on behalf of all the supporters but it's still our football club, not a "project".

So club officials  and committee members who read (and sometimes post) on this site - feel free to give us some answers if you like.