Queen's Park 2020/21

Grant was really poor for us in the Championship FWIW, he appeared to have been ruined by injuries. Although there are still poorer players getting a game every week at that level and maybe he still needed a longer run of games uninterrupted by injury than he managed with us.

Congratulations to Shaun Rooney on scoring for St Johnston to help his team into a Cup Final at Hampden.

And becoming another ex-Spider's full back to make the big step up successfully. 

Shaun's Dad and brother who were regulars on the supporter's bus when Shaun played for us, could regularly be seen at Hampden even after Shaun had moved on up.

On 20/01/2021 at 13:28, The Moonster said:

Is there a core of a squad at QP that is expected to take them to the Championship though? When I look at the squad I see a good number of players who probably won't take them to that level. When you've got plenty wages to throw around I'd like to see my club bringing in younger guys that can progress as the club does rather than older guys who will need replaced as the club moves up. I admit I've seen very little of QP so I could be wide of the mark here and there's a solid core there but on paper it looks like they may go through a few revolving door style summers.

From what I believe this team is built to get us out of League 2 and to keep us in League 1. As long as we are out of League 2 we cannot be relegated to the Lowland League. The club will then try to get out of League 1 by team building into the Championship where the money is better and hope to keep team building  over a few seasons to stay there. If anybody in the knew thinks I am wrong please let us know.

1 hour ago, QP's in my DNA said:

Congratulations to Shaun Rooney on scoring for St Johnston to help his team into a Cup Final at Hampden.

And becoming another ex-Spider's full back to make the big step up successfully. 

Shaun's Dad and brother who were regulars on the supporter's bus when Shaun played for us, could regularly be seen at Hampden even after Shaun had moved on up.

I'll go along with that. Both guys still regulars; really pleased for Shaun.

3 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Adam King has just signed for us on loan till end of season. I believe he was on loan to QP. Is he any good, what position does he play.

He was ok, honestly didn’t think he was much of an improvement on the players he replaced in the midfield. Tidy enough on the ball and full of energy but thought he was a bit lightweight and was bullied a lot on the ball. Good luck to him anyway 

He played as a central midfielder most of the games, mainly as a box to box midfielder 

Edited by qpfc

2 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

We picked some season to try and become all conquering Moneybags FC, didn't we?

Yep. Och will be a better laugh trying to do it all over again when we're all back at the games in August......maybe.  

4 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

Do you not think Queen's Park will be promoted if the league's called? 

After only 9 games? That would be mental. I know Scottish football is ridiculous at times but even that would surprise me.   

20 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

After only 9 games? That would be mental. I know Scottish football is ridiculous at times but even that would surprise me.   

If every side has played each other, wouldn't that be sufficient, given the pandemic? I suppose it's the clubs that have finished bottom who would vehemently oppose it. However, I think that so long as each club has played every other club, that would be sufficient.

15 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

If every side has played each other, wouldn't that be sufficient, given the pandemic? I suppose it's the clubs that have finished bottom who would vehemently oppose it. However, I think that so long as each club has played every other club, that would be sufficient.

18 games at the least, that way everyone has played each other home and away. It would be farcical to hand our promotions and relegations with only a third of the season played. Last season the vast majority of games were played and it still caused a stooshie 

Edited by Mick1867

3 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

18 games at the least, that way everyone has played each other home and away. It would be farcical to hand our promotions and relegations with only a third of the season played. Last season the vast majority of games were played and it still caused a stooshie 

Ach, I would've said the minimum requirement was for each team to have played every other team once. The home advantage is not material really, as there are no crowds. I would suggest that for financial reasons - e.g. sponsorship - it would make more sense to call the league and have one club promoted/relegated, within the SPFL structure. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Spiderer said:

Apart from Willie Muir, who is the best goalkeeper we have seen at QP over the past 10:years?

I would say Jordan Hart. He was terrific in both Welsh games and didn’t make many errors in his time with us

Neil Parry from 2011 to 2013. Played in a great side that really should have been promoted but we ballsed up the play offs.