Queen's Park 2020/21

On 10/01/2021 at 12:33, The Resurrection said:

Scotland has a big Six? Who are they?

Rangers, Celtic, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd. It was a thing back in the eighties/nineties based on number of honours won originally, then money came into it. Probably waned when 3 of these clubs enjoyed time in tier 2, although current positions  have five of them in the top six. 

On 10/01/2021 at 17:16, QP's in my DNA said:

I didn't mention the appointment of Leeanne Dempster in my post, but you have.

As of this moment in time, as far Queen's Park are concerned, no such appointment has been made. 

Perhaps you can enlighten us on this issue with some actual facts, instead of your snide one liners.

How do you know that? Just because we've not been told? Perfectly feasible she's still seeing out her contract at Hibs.

Ross Jack's interview stated she wanted to spend more time with her family, who live in Glasgow. Her Mammy, whom she was obviously close to judging by her Facebook page, passed away last year. Her wife works for a charity in Castlemilk. So maybe a similar role using her expertise but with less work time, less media and home for tea with the one she loves is where she needs to be right now.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

How do you know that? Just because we've not been told? Perfectly feasible she's still seeing out her contract at Hibs.

Ross Jack's interview stated she wanted to spend more time with her family, who live in Glasgow. Her Mammy, whom she was obviously close to judging by her Facebook page, passed away last year. Her wife works for a charity in Castlemilk. So maybe a similar role using her expertise but with less work time, less media and home for tea with the one she loves is where she needs to be right now.

Why you creeping on her Facebook?

23 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They've changed their mind and won't be moving. Appointing Dempster is just the start.

Willie Haughey to buy Hampden and kick the SFA out. They can pack up and go to Murrayfield as they kiddingly said they would. Wankers.

Some talk on other media platforms asking how appointing Dempster will affect the role of the committee and our members in general.

Well she'll obviously be responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the club now, so this might include taking on some of the stuff that various sub-committees were previously responsible for. Also not sure where this leaves the role of the current General Manager long term but she is still at the club for now to support Dempster. 

A CEO in most businesses is accountable to the board of directors and shareholders ( our committee and members) so don't see why that should be any different at QP. I imagine this is how it worked at Hibs.

Edited by Mick1867

Some talk on other media platforms asking how appointing Dempster will affect the role of the committee and our members in general.
Well she'll obviously be responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the club now, so this might include taking on some of the stuff that various sub-committees were previously responsible for. Also not sure where this leaves the role of the current General Manager long term but she is still at the club for now to support Dempster. 
A CEO in most businesses is accountable to the board of directors and shareholders ( our committee and members) so don't see why that should be any different at QP. I imagine this is how it worked at Hibs.
I'll admit I don't know a great deal about Dempster or what she has done at previous clubs, but from what I have heard and read I am very encouraged by her appointment.
My hope is that part of the strategy will be to form stronger links between the club/ committe/decision making processes and the members/supporters.
Two common themes on this forum for a while have been frustrations about the clubs communication with members/supporters and the need for more people to get involved and buy into the vision of the club going forward.
If she can tie these things together, along with continued improvement of our community interaction and success of our various playing squads, then she could indeed prove to be our most important 'full time professional' signing.
Time will tell, but at this point I'm very excited about where things are heading.

On 11/01/2021 at 13:11, Mick1867 said:

This annoyed plenty of QP fans as well, believe me. Not one person in my various Whats App groups ( full of us moany faced c***s from the social club obviously) thinks we are anywhere near being Championship standard  We know our current level. However, I suppose our club officials have been as guilty as anyone of hyping all this up with the media chat about aiming for that division, plus many appearances on AVFTT. Nothing wrong with ambition but let's concentrate on the job in hand first......albeit suspended now for a few weeks     

To be fair, QOS played very well. Nothing wrong with being ambitious, look at Cove.