Queen's Park 2020/21

1 hour ago, The man with no name said:

Ok, I'll bite, what's the question?

Probably something to do with him not playing a League or League Cup game since he signed early February  

Edited by Mick1867

On 30/11/2020 at 18:09, QPSpider1867 said:

I’ve heard from my one Motherwell and one Hibs contact that both sets of fans hate Leeann Dempster. They agreed she ran Motherwell “terribly” and similarly at Hibs.

It is worth noting my contacts have absolutely no pedigree in the Scottish game except strong opinions in the local assisted by Tennent’s lager. But, it is worth noting she’s not very well liked. 

Surely the question is why has her career went from premiership to League 2? 

oooh, you're so edgy

22 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

You fancy QP to pay her more than Hibs and Motherwell? Does Premiership Exec wages come from the Haughey fund or QP pot?

If she comes to QP she is not going to do it for less money. I do not know anybody who has left a good job to go elsewhere for less. Would you?

Hey folks, have I missed something ?       When did Leeann Dempster join Queen's ?

So far it's all been speculation in a few newspaper outlets, with fans forums like this one jumping in with all kind of assumptions; which I must admit makes a dreich day in December much more fun 😉

Even the wonderful BBC, who never, ever tell any fibs, have only confirmed her resignation from Hibs.

In that resignation article, the HIbs owner Ron Gordon said he tried to get her to stay but he said  """"She has explained that she believes it is the right time for her and for the club - that she is ready to pursue a new and different challenge, and that she wants to spend more time with her family,"

Mibbe she's had enough of the day to day pressures of working under the media scrutiny that such a high profile job brings. Perhaps working for a club that's not owned by a single individual, would appeal to her reappraisal of what constitutes a different challenge.

Seriously tho' , until Boris the Spider, who has been our best source so far; and so well informed on previous new arrivals , spills the insider beans and advises of her imminent arrival at the JB McAlpine Pavillion; maybe we should ca' canny on the speculation surrounding the lassie's new job's terms and conditions, until we hear offishul confirmation from Boris.

6 hours ago, Dooflick said:

If she comes to QP she is not going to do it for less money. I do not know anybody who has left a good job to go elsewhere for less. Would you?

Who says it's a good job; when it's not, that's normally one of the main reasons for leaving. 

2 hours ago, QP's in my DNA said:

Hey folks, have I missed something ?       When did Leeann Dempster join Queen's ?

So far it's all been speculation in a few newspaper outlets, with fans forums like this one jumping in with all kind of assumptions; which I must admit makes a dreich day in December much more fun 😉

Even the wonderful BBC, who never, ever tell any fibs, have only confirmed her resignation from Hibs.

In that resignation article, the HIbs owner Ron Gordon said he tried to get her to stay but he said  """"She has explained that she believes it is the right time for her and for the club - that she is ready to pursue a new and different challenge, and that she wants to spend more time with her family,"

Mibbe she's had enough of the day to day pressures of working under the media scrutiny that such a high profile job brings. Perhaps working for a club that's not owned by a single individual, would appeal to her reappraisal of what constitutes a different challenge.

Seriously tho' , until Boris the Spider, who has been our best source so far; and so well informed on previous new arrivals , spills the insider beans and advises of her imminent arrival at the JB McAlpine Pavillion; maybe we should ca' canny on the speculation surrounding the lassie's new job's terms and conditions, until we hear offishul confirmation from Boris.

Who says it's a good job; when it's not, that's normally one of the main reasons for leaving. 

I believe Leeann's first job is to finally bring the Gretna criminals to justice. I believe she is being aided by one of those at the centre of this stain on the Club's history, who has been promised immunity from prosecution and a new identity. 

It may be a while before we see Boris again!

I'm following your results with interest. I would love you to rise through the leagues, as I think it would be great for Scottish football. 

Out of interest, if you were to make it to the Premiership in five years time, would you have to start playing your games at (Greater) Hampden again? 

35 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

I'm following your results with interest. I would love you to rise through the leagues, as I think it would be great for Scottish football. 

Out of interest, if you were to make it to the Premiership in five years time, would you have to start playing your games at (Greater) Hampden again? 

I’d be surprised if we end up back at Hampden. There‘s scope to grow capacity at Lesser if we end up in the premiership so we’d probably do that. Let’s get promoted to league 1 first though. 

Edited by NathanQP

50 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

I’d be surprised if we end up back at Hampden. There‘s scope to grow capacity at Lesser if we end up in the premiership so we’d probably do that. Let’s get promoted to league 1 first though. 

Aye, one step at at time. However, the club is obviously ambitious. I was very surprised to read that you''d gone full-time - indeed, with all due respect, I thought it was unnecessary at your level. 

League One will be difficult to get out of as things stand - Partick Thistle, Falkirk, Airdrieonions and even Cove Rangers all appear to have decent sides. But yours is a club full of promise and potential. I really would love to see you in the Premiership or Championship. It would be great for the local area.

15 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

would you have to start playing your games at (Greater) Hampden again? 

As soon as we move into Lesser, we're out of Hampden forever. This is one of the reasons the SFA bought the place. They don't want us there. We'd be out next month if Covid hadn't delayed construction. Some of their board would still love to see us out in January but thankfully commonsense seems to have prevailed   

17 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

I believe Leeann's first job is to finally bring the Gretna criminals to justice. I believe she is being aided by one of those at the centre of this stain on the Club's history, who has been promised immunity from prosecution and a new identity. 

It may be a while before we see Boris again!

Incidentally, yesterday was the 31 year anniversary of The Stranraer One. He never got a t shirt demanding justice. Just saying.....

22 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

As soon as we move into Lesser, we're out of Hampden forever. This is one of the reasons the SFA bought the place. They don't want us there. We'd be out next month if Covid hadn't delayed construction. Some of their board would still love to see us out in January but thankfully commonsense seems to have prevailed   

Heard to wee story that QP are trying to see if they can get at least 300 fans into the vast spaces that are in Hampden Park for next Saturdays home game against Edinburgh City.

Glasgow are in Tier 4, I believe you need to get down to Tier 1 for football fans. That’s a bit of a jump no? Also, the restrictions review is next Friday, a day before the game. Would be a bit of a rush to get the proper requirements in place for the game the next day. 

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

Heard to wee story that QP are trying to see if they can get at least 300 fans into the vast spaces that are in Hampden Park for next Saturdays home game against Edinburgh City.

1 hour ago, NathanQP said:

Glasgow are in Tier 4, I believe you need to get down to Tier 1 for football fans. That’s a bit of a jump no? Also, the restrictions review is next Friday, a day before the game. Would be a bit of a rush to get the proper requirements in place for the game the next day. 

This does sound a bit mental but Aberdeen and Ross County were allowed to do this as a trial event in September so maybe we've applied on that basis. But as you say Nathan, can't see it being approved now we're in the tier system

3 hours ago, NathanQP said:

If you look at the figures then Glasgow is just a few cases over the tier 2 upper level. If we drop a few more cases by Wednesday we would be in the tier 2 parameters. Can't see the Scottish Government dropping Glasgow 2 tiers just before Christmas even if justified!

23 hours ago, HoustonSpider99 said:
On 30/11/2020 at 11:17, Mick1867 said:
Willie Muir is a Rangers fan. Tony Quinn a Celtic fan. Both will go down in history as QP legends. 

Cult Hero Billy Mortimer was spotted at Ibrox during an Old Firm singing the Billy Boys. Bottom line is, their team doesn't matter does it? Long as they give their all for their current club.

Most offensive thing about this is the description of Billy Mortimer as a cult hero.