Queen's Park 2020/21

I’ve heard from my one Motherwell and one Hibs contact that both sets of fans hate Leeann Dempster. They agreed she ran Motherwell “terribly” and similarly at Hibs.

It is worth noting my contacts have absolutely no pedigree in the Scottish game except strong opinions in the local assisted by Tennent’s lager. But, it is worth noting she’s not very well liked. 

Surely the question is why has her career went from premiership to League 2? 

Edited by QPSpider1867

35 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Seriously????

It's the most exciting job in Scottish football. A professional club at the start of an incredible journey that you can shape and mould as it progresses through the leagues. It's in th the largest city in Scotland and the perfect place to build a fan base and community links. 

If anyone turned it down, you would question their desire and motivation.

46 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

I’ve heard from my one Motherwell and one Hibs contact that both sets of fans hate Leeann Dempster. They agreed she ran Motherwell “terribly” and similarly at Hibs.

It is worth noting my contacts have absolutely no pedigree in the Scottish game except strong opinions in the local assisted by Tennent’s lager. But, it is worth noting she’s not very well liked. 

This is not like a player going down leagues. The management challenge and reward is what motivates people like her. As said above the chance to be in on the ground of the most exciting thing in Scottish football at the moment is something that anyone with her skills could not turn down. Being liked is not a required quality, although I have yet to find the average Joe down the pub who can comprehend management at this level particularly if he drinks Tennents.

47 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

That is completely the opposite impression I've had from the overwhelming majority of things I've read and heard. She also appears to be very widely respected within the game.

The question of why she wants to come to Queen's Park is one that only she can answer. Like everyone taking a job, the finances, terms and conditions have to make sense, but I'd think she must be pretty excited by the project if she's leaving a well paid, relatively high profile job at one of the biggest clubs in the country. Perhaps there are things that have yet to be unveiled that will only add to the excitement of what we already know.

39 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

Seriously????

It's the most exciting job in Scottish football. A professional club at the start of an incredible journey that you can shape and mould as it progresses through the leagues. It's in th the largest city in Scotland and the perfect place to build a fan base and community links. 

If anyone turned it down, you would question their desire and motivation.

Seriously???? 

I thought the joke and question made it light hearted and open to discussion. Chill oot! 🤣

It is an exciting job. I’ll challenge anyone who gets it over me. I’ve yet to hear from the Committee re my application. 

Edited by QPSpider1867

35 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

although I have yet to find the average Joe down the pub who can comprehend management at this level particularly if he drinks Tennents.

Why do you assume it’s a man that drinks Tennent’s in a local and likes football. Could it not be the average Joanne? So not PC. For shame sir, for shame. 

I must have missed that communication to the members i.e the supporters who own our club and who elect the committee from within the membership. 
This won't be happening. I'd say the current system is indeed the best way to stop us from becoming another Gretna.
re Dempster. If it's true then I just see this as a significant upgrade of the current General Manager position and she will report to the committee, mainly El Presidente ( not sure where this leaves the current general manager mind you but I'm sure she will be looked after) It's a bold move but the last time I read our accounts they looked healthy enough and we will still have a few bob in the coffers after the redevelopment of Lesser.   

Do the members actually own our club

1 hour ago, Boris the Spider said:

I know quite a few Hibs fans and they credit her for turning the club round.

I know one or two as well and this is certainly my impression. She's very highly regarded by the majority as someone who came in when Hibs were at their lowest after years of mismanagement, transformed the relationship between the club and the support, carried out a major restructuring of how the place was run, appointed managers who won the cup and then promotion and saw record numbers of season tickets sold. She's certainly not hated by the majority of Hibs fans. 

57 minutes ago, Chester Desmond said:

I know one or two as well and this is certainly my impression. She's very highly regarded by the majority as someone who came in when Hibs were at their lowest after years of mismanagement, transformed the relationship between the club and the support, carried out a major restructuring of how the place was run, appointed managers who won the cup and then promotion and saw record numbers of season tickets sold. She's certainly not hated by the majority of Hibs fans. 

Good to know. I’d never heard of her until the link with QP. I’ll do some more research to learn her story. 

10 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Good to know. I’d never heard of her until the link with QP. I’ll do some more research to learn her story. 

I think its probably also the case that her time at Hibs had run its course.  She'd certainly not been as prominent since the new owner took over last year, and it would seem they have their own ideas.  There doesn't seem to have been any animosity in her leaving though.  

19 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

As I said before she does not suffer fools gladly and while she is very good at her job, she has made enemies, as well as friends in Scottish football. Why come to QP, well apart from the challenge, how about not so far to go to her work and   more money?

Edited by Dooflick
grammer

38 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

As I said before she does not suffer fools gladly and while she is very good at her job, she has made enemies, as well as friends in Scottish football. Why come to QP, well apart from the challenge, how about not so far to go to her work and   more money?

You fancy QP to pay her more than Hibs and Motherwell? Does Premiership Exec wages come from the Haughey fund or QP pot?

Edited by QPSpider1867

Best wishes to Cammy Bell if / when he goes... was an amazing 'statement signing', really signified the change in approach (and a cracking future pub quiz answer!)

Wee bit of a shame that it's not worked out, but can't argue with how Willie Muir has done. Can imagine it must have been beneficial to have CB in the ranks. too.