Queen's Park 2020/21

21 hours ago, an86 said:

On a complete tangent, does anyone know how many of those away tops we've sold? I see it's been mentioned as the busiest the shop has ever been. 

Was in Lesser at lunchtime and bought one for my grandson and asked the question, was told about 450

2 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Was in Lesser at lunchtime and bought one for my grandson and asked the question, was told about 450

That's interesting because I've been told you can only buy tops online and not in person from the office. You got a special friend in there auld yin? 

3 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

That's interesting because I've been told you can only buy tops online and not in person from the office. You got a special friend in there auld yin?

Office staff don't have access to the stock and, in any case, because the players use the JB, the Club want as few people as possible in the building.  Dooflick must have a silver tongue.

10 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Office staff don't have access to the stock and, in any case, because the players use the JB, the Club want as few people as possible in the building.  Dooflick must have a silver tongue.

Deep undercover committee man imo.

16 hours ago, an86 said:

Deep undercover committee man imo.

You guessed it. Me and TMWNN are really very good friends. Just thought that I would answer your question regarding jerseys  and if anyone wants a goalkeepers top just let the club know. By e-mail of course.

Teasing him would be a better phrase. He works very hard for us, but sometimes makes statements that only somebody on the inside would know, but he denies who he is, as indeed I think anybody on the Committee would. I know the club is in good hands but that does not mean they get it right all the time.

It’s being reported in a couple of places so suggests there is something to it at least.

Certainly an exciting proposition. I gather she was really good at fan/community engagement at Hibs which is something that will be vital as we look to build up the fanbase.

Willie Haughey can’t officially appoint anyone as he has no official role at the club. That’s not to say he hasn’t influenced it of course.......

1 hour ago, bobthespider said:

If true I would imagine it’s a Willie Haughey appointment and the end of the committee system that has run our club ....exciting times ahead .

Exciting times indeed, if it's true.

But I don't agree it's the end of the committee system. The committee will no doubt continue to run the club on behalf of the members as at present.

But I imagine with so much happening now on a daily basis, both with the Lesser redevelopment and the need to expand the fanbase in keeping with progress on the pitch;  and the fact that committee members meeting once a week, or dropping in to Lesser when they're available isn't really compatible with the day to running of a modern progressive football club business.

As club captain Davie Galt mentioned in a recent pre-match program article, that although the playing staff are full time; many day to day tasks are still carried out by faithful volunteers.

Someone with Leanne's experience will be a fantastic addition to the daytime staffing and decision making.

Willie Haughey may be the reason she chooses to come to us, but I'm sure just as when the committee chose the manager, and his subsequent approval of the way they  impressed him with their plans for the club's future; that the committee will be in agreement with this appointment to ease the daily decision making process. As the Edinburgh press article says, she works well with both fans and the media, something the club can well do with.

On the face of it, perhaps our best signing yet. Like our other signings, only time will tell.

But hey, we won't know for sure if it's true until it's been printed in the Sun and the Record :P

1 hour ago, bobthespider said:

If true I would imagine it’s a Willie Haughey appointment and the end of the committee system that has run our club ....exciting times ahead .

Turkey's rarely vote for Christmas so I can't see this as a sole decision by Willie Haughey.

The Club appears to be getting it's act together on the pitch, I imagine this is the start of it getting it right off it.