Queen's Park 2020/21

Slighty off topic but ma pal is looking into moving into a flat on Somerville Drive directly across from Lesser.
What's the plans for that place at the minute? Will there be a load of construction and disruption and noise and that? 

It’s going be a building site for a wee bit longer so it’ll probably be noisy.

1 hour ago, NathanQP said:

It’s going be a building site for a wee bit longer so it’ll probably be noisy.

Aye but HOW noisy? They'll be working from home for the next few months. Just dunno what sorta work is being done at Lesser and if her trying conference calls and the like will be manageble or a nightmare

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

2 minutes ago, an86 said:

Morton fans so fixated with Raymond McKinnon that they're actually moving directly across from the stadium/training to be nearer him on a daily basis. Remarkable. 

Normally it's a c**t that's a stalker, imagine stalking a c**t.

6 hours ago, an86 said:

Morton fans so fixated with Raymond McKinnon that they're actually moving directly across from the stadium/training to be nearer him on a daily basis. Remarkable. 

I've already nicknamed her potential flat the Texas Book Depository (she's a Waitakere United fan. Not sure of any connection they have with The Spiders but McGlinchey's signing for her new local club didn't impress her despite 50 caps for NZ)

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

12 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Aye but HOW noisy? They'll be working from home for the next few months. Just dunno what sorta work is being done at Lesser and if her trying conference calls and the like will be manageble or a nightmare

We're building two stands so I imagine she'll need some decent double glazing when she's on calls and some headphones playing loud music when she's not.

On 29/10/2020 at 15:42, Mick1867 said:

Well she announced their tier status and it clearly states that under tier 1  "stadia open - restricted numbers"

I hope they do get some folk in

They need to get the ok from the SPFL; is there not some meeting today on this?

8 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

They need to get the ok from the SPFL; is there not some meeting today on this?

No idea

If the SG are giving the nod then it would be ridiculous if the  SPFL said no to them getting a few hundred locals in.

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/54748913

Not sure what drugs our "club historian" was on back then but my memories of the "French chef" is he was a dreadful striker who unfortunately was available on at least a couple of Saturdays . 

Yes. He was awful. Apparently he made a great creme brulee though. Definitely played his two games on a Saturday.

http://www.qpfc.com/appearances/m/martinh.htm

Also - I think we will be looking for a lot more than the play-offs. Whether we do or not is another question.

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Not sure what drugs our "club historian" was on back then but my memories of the "French chef" is he was a dreadful striker who unfortunately was available on at least a couple of Saturdays . 

You are right once again Mick but in fairness to the " club historian " when involved with the media you are allowed to lay it on a little. 

1 hour ago, Boris the Spider said:

Yes. He was awful. Apparently he made a great creme brulee though. Definitely played his two games on a Saturday.

http://www.qpfc.com/appearances/m/martinh.htm

Also - I think we will be looking for a lot more than the play-offs. Whether we do or not is another question.

Remember Fergus Tiernan? Signed by Gardner Speirs despite only being available 1 Saturday in every 5 due to his shifts as a fireman 

4 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

He's big, he's French

He's sitting on the bench

Herve Martin, Herve Martin