Queen's Park 2020/21

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Had barely heard of Mister Haughey at that point. I've since taken to learning about his life. Once an entrepreneur, always an entrepreneur. 

I'm genuinely surprised by this. His money re-developed the farmhouse and dressing rooms at Lesser when the whole building was in a total mess. Back when Billy Stark was our manager.  

Edited by Mick1867

22 hours ago, Boris the Spider said:

Glad to hear it. Can't have mere season ticket holders having the same status of the members.

As a mere season ticket holder; I will have to raise my bowler hat to a perfectly worked out streaming plan and test. I can understand that even with a full-time playing squad  and coaches; that staffing levels in the QP offices and sundry club employment positions, are probably still at pre 2020 levels; not even allowing for Covid restrictions.

For general information; just like others on this forum, I too had heard nothing since buying my season ticket before a ball was kicked in earnest.

But as was posted on the main QP site on Monday; "If no confirmation letter by Tuesday, email the secy @ QPFC" , which I did.  I received a confirmation of my season ticket purchase by email within 2 hours, quickly followed by an email  apology for the delay, and lastly an email from Director Gregor Hall giving me my Username and Password for logging on to the streaming service. All within a 5 hour timespan.  Well done to all involved for responding so quickly.

I've just tried for the first time to logon to the QPTV link provided; entered the username and password supplied by email, and successfully watched the test stream.

Roll on Saturday :thumsup2

I can only assume that once the test has been declared successful or otherwise, that details will follow for those happy to pay on the day. The club will hardly have gone this far without including a "pay on the day" option, for both home and away fans; as this will probably be a larger financial contribution than from those of us with bowler hats. 

Perhaps, there could have been more of a planning timescale made public earlier; but hey, we're Spiders fans since when did we expect things to run according to a plan.

I still haven't received a hard copy Season Ticket, but given the Covid situation; this season I'll probably only need the details for QPTV streaming.

Keepin the faith :egypt

6 minutes ago, QP's in my DNA said:

as this will probably be a larger financial contribution than from those of us with bowler hats. 

£200/£255 a head for members, £150 for season ticket holders (£50 for concessions). I think we're contributing a large whack up front tbf 

17 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

I'm genuinely surprised by this. His money re-developed the farmhouse and dressing rooms at Lesser when the whole building was in a total mess. Back when Billy Stark was our manager.  

I'm genuinely surprised you're genuinely surprised. And who's Billy Stark? Is that the guy with the flying suit?

9 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I'm genuinely surprised you're genuinely surprised. And who's Billy Stark? Is that the guy with the flying suit?

I'm definitely surprised by your new choice of profile pic. Poor Keith. What's he done to deserve this? 

12 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

In a time of sellouts and going rogue, the last great legend of Queen’s Park. 

Very nice of you to put him on such a pedestal but our "last great legend" has now moved on and embraced full time football funded by Willie Haughey. Not sure if that earns him a place on your list of sellouts and rogues. 

Edited by Mick1867

Jai Quitongo signing confirmed now. Was very highly rated a couple of years ago but seems to have had a stop start career since then. Interesting option to add to the squad

I’ll get the popcorn ready for the meltdowns on here if he starts ahead of Davie Galt.

Edited by Spider Rico

36 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Jai Quitongo signing confirmed now. Was very highly rated a couple of years ago but seems to have had a stop start career since then. Interesting option to add to the squad

I’ll get the popcorn ready for the meltdowns on here if he starts ahead of Davie Galt.

Was unplayable for a while with us in the Championship and scored some absolute screamers. If he can get an ounce of that back, he will be a good signing.

Career went downhill when he battered his girlfriend though. He's a wrong'un 

1 hour ago, Spider Rico said:

Managed correctly he could be a great signing.