Queen's Park 2020/21

1 hour ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Does anyone know if the games are going to be available to stream for non-members/season ticket holders? Presumably they will be, but there's not been any mention of it so far (unless I just haven't seen it).

The update from last week mentions being able to purchase individual matches, although there's no details yet by the looks of it

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/live-streaming-update/

"More information on our new service, including how to purchase individual matches, will be published on our web site later next week"

Edited by Chester Desmond

Now I’ve thought about it, I’m quite happy we didn’t win on Saturday. This might give them a little shake. Maybe the league is more competitive than they anticipated and a draw will wake them up a bit. I’d start Galt, I’ve not seen anyone with more quality so far. 

33 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Now I’ve thought about it, I’m quite happy we didn’t win on Saturday. This might give them a little shake. Maybe the league is more competitive than they anticipated and a draw will wake them up a bit. I’d start Galt, I’ve not seen anyone with more quality so far. 

It was never going to be a win every game affair. Anyone who thinks it is, is deluding themselves. The most recent full-time sides, who won the league comfortably, dropped points in 11/12 games. It's not a Football Manager effort where the guys with the better stats just steamroller teams every week. 

We should still be winning the majority of our games and winning more games comfortably than we normally would. However, we're still going to play shite and drop points on occasion. That's just the reality. Full-time football should absolutely give us a big advantage, but it's not a silver bullet. We're still going to have to work our arses off and grind out some results. 

36 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

I'd certainly have preferred a win for the sake of 3 points and a bit of confidence, but it would have been papering over the cracks of a disappointing performance.   I've certainly never thought this season was going to be a walkover.  Queen's should be favourites in every game given the full time status and the money being paid to players, but none of them who were signed over the summer have proved anything here yet.  There are plenty of experienced players and managers in this league who'll be able to give us a game.  At this stage we have to hope that McKinnon can make a team out of the guys we've got, or whoever else is still to come in.  Whether he can do that will be his big test.  If he can't, with the financial advantage he has, then there will have to be consequences.  His first couple of months before last season was curtailed were promising, so fingers crossed.

We became more of an attacking threat when Galt came on, so, like you,  I'd like to see him start on Saturday.  He's one of the current squad who's shown he can make a difference in this league.  Given Rovers' start to the season we should be going out to take control of the game from the start, rather than on Saturday when the plan seemed to be to let Stirling come at us and hit on the break, without having players who seemed up to doing that.

22 hours ago, an86 said:

Going to contact admin as see if they can have "Every Breath You Take" by The Police play over your posts. Utterly fixated with poor old TMWNN. 

There is nothing old about TMWNN although he is retired.

Good post from Chester Desmond everything that he has just said is true particularly about David Galt.

1 hour ago, Chester Desmond said:

I'd certainly have preferred a win for the sake of 3 points and a bit of confidence, but it would have been papering over the cracks of a disappointing performance.   I've certainly never thought this season was going to be a walkover.  Queen's should be favourites in every game given the full time status and the money being paid to players, but none of them who were signed over the summer have proved anything here yet.  There are plenty of experienced players and managers in this league who'll be able to give us a game.  At this stage we have to hope that McKinnon can make a team out of the guys we've got, or whoever else is still to come in.  Whether he can do that will be his big test.  If he can't, with the financial advantage he has, then there will have to be consequences.  His first couple of months before last season was curtailed were promising, so fingers crossed.

We became more of an attacking threat when Galt came on, so, like you,  I'd like to see him start on Saturday.  He's one of the current squad who's shown he can make a difference in this league.  Given Rovers' start to the season we should be going out to take control of the game from the start, rather than on Saturday when the plan seemed to be to let Stirling come at us and hit on the break, without having players who seemed up to doing that.

I’d argue it’s obvious the talent is there if they’ve all competed at a higher level but I’ve not seen the grit and determination yet. Perhaps why they fade in the second half? When the legs get tired and the passion can get you 3 points more than quality. 

We did finish very strong last year. Looking forward to a run of wins to give them confidence. A goal for our striker wouldn’t go a miss either. 

36 minutes ago, The Phoenix said:

At the risk of being controversial, have any QP Fans given any thought to the possibility, we are actually pretty decent? 

Yeah Stirling were alright I thought, got some decent players in Ryan and Roberts and your defence looked solid. I think the criticism of the QP performance carries on from our betfred cup performances as we’ve yet to score a goal or threaten at all really.

Edited by qpfc

1 hour ago, The Phoenix said:

At the risk of being controversial, have any QP Fans given any thought to the possibility, we are actually pretty decent? 

Definitely. The likes of Andy Ryan and Kurtis Roberts can and have comfortably cut it in leagues above. Albion Rovers best player from last season, who caused us problems, was sitting on yer bench as well. A handy outfit. We have no right to expect to automatically win games like this if we're not at our best. 

53 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

Has anyone else who is a member or season ticket holder not got their letter about accessing the streamed games?

I had not received any information about season tickets I had ordered, so I emailed the secretary. I received an email back advising the season tickets would be on their way and I would shortly receive an email with codes and info about streaming.

3 hours ago, The Phoenix said:

I am on record before the season started and at the beginning of the match thread that I believe you will be our toughest challengers this season. You have gathered a pretty decent squad this season. That said, you will forgive me, I think we will end the season several points ahead of you. Good luck in the play offs! 😉

3 hours ago, PeterParker said:

I had not received any information about season tickets I had ordered, so I emailed the secretary. I received an email back advising the season tickets would be on their way and I would shortly receive an email with codes and info about streaming.

Thanks. I was sent my season ticket about 3 weeks ago and at 4 this afternoon I was sent a receipt by e-mail! 

Has anyone else who is a member or season ticket holder not got their letter about accessing the streamed games?
My son who's a season ticket holder with no email address got a letter through last week, and I'm a Member on the email list, but I got my details in the post yesterday.

I'm hoping that members will have access to cup games included too, but don't know if that will be extended to Season ticket holders.

1 hour ago, Boris the Spider said:

Normally members do get into these games and season ticket holders don’t. Don’t know if the club will be able to keep that distinction going when streaming games.

The letter I got, as a season ticket holder, says that it covers league and play off games but that I'd need to buy access to cup matches so it seems it will be the same as usual as I assume members will get cup matches free.