Queen's Park 2020/21

37 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Just having a laugh. I’m not one to follow the crowd and be in love with a group of staff and players who don’t really care. Hopefully things pick up but I worry for the future of the club. That’s being a fan 👍😁

Staff and players who don’t care ? Where’s this assumption plucked from ? Nonsense comment  

33 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Just having a laugh. I’m not one to follow the crowd and be in love with a group of staff and players who don’t really care. Hopefully things pick up but I worry for the future of the club. That’s being a fan 👍😁

Supporting your club is being a fan.  As to why you think the players don't care. Were they laughing and smiling, have they not been training nearly every day for the last month or so.  I don't know how you can come to that conclusion when you don't know them did any of them tell you that?  Why worry about the future when you have all this doom and gloom now. Support your club and encourage them to greater things. 

14 minutes ago, Reclusespider said:

Supporting your club is being a fan.  As to why you think the players don't care. Were they laughing and smiling, have they not been training nearly every day for the last month or so.  I don't know how you can come to that conclusion when you don't know them did any of them tell you that?  Why worry about the future when you have all this doom and gloom now. Support your club and encourage them to greater things. 

Awk I’m just throwing the line out. Aye you’re right we’re great. Lots to celebrate. Thanks for the advice man. 

58 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

I worry too. A draw away to Stirling Albion. Next week Craig Slater will be back after suspension and then not long before Simon Murray is fit. Woe is me. The Lowland League beckons....

3 hours ago, bobthespider said:

A bit disappointed with what I watched there . Was maybe expecting a bit too much with all the hype with every player talking about the project and getting promotion.
Four games Airdrie-Thistle-Morton-Stirling....Ray saying after the Morton game he was delighted. Today thought we were lucky to come away with a point .
Hope slater and Murray are back and fit soon and can stay fit .
Let’s hope we can get a goal next week or even a few good shots . First league game hopefully upwards and onwards from here .
Galt should be starting also in my opinion.

Galt isn’t one of his favourites. Part of the old QP. He’ll squeeze him out quick.....

I know we're expected to play everyone off the park, but it's still a point away from home to a dangerous side. We clearly have some very decent talent, but we seem to be not there yet in committing to attack from midfield. All seems to come through Tommy Robson. Not sure that's Darren Lyons best position, and we could do with selecting a different dead ball man. I do think Galt should be starting though. Until he's match fit and can stop leaking possession I think Longridge would make a good impact sub. Both Galt and Longridge can turn matches, but start the in-form player.

I like what I've seen of Lee Kilday, and Muir, Grant and Gillespie have been consistently solid. Baynham and McHugh work hard but they're not getting much to feed off. Liked the look of the trialist too. We're not going to nil-nil our way to the title, so hopefully it starts to click by next weekend!

3 hours ago, bobthespider said:

A bit disappointed with what I watched there . Was maybe expecting a bit too much with all the hype with every player talking about the project and getting promotion.
Four games Airdrie-Thistle-Morton-Stirling....Ray saying after the Morton game he was delighted. Today thought we were lucky to come away with a point .
Hope slater and Murray are back and fit soon and can stay fit .
Let’s hope we can get a goal next week or even a few good shots . First league game hopefully upwards and onwards from here .
Galt should be starting also in my opinion.

Wouldn't say we were lucky to come away with a point. Whilst it wasn't free flowing or particularly impressive, the result was about right. We could have won it as well.

5 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

That was sh!t. Can’t believe we’re paying these guys. Absolute nightmare when Haughey stops the funding cause McKinnon is awful and we’ve signed a bunch of championship duds. 

Anyway, the positives are they didn’t score....

3 games played and not 1 goal. Absolutely pish.

Entertain me with replies. 

League jobbers my friend.

Let’s all calm doon, we didn’t lose the game, it’s only the first league game with Simon Murray coming back in a couple weeks. Yes the performance was underwhelming but the way some have reacted you’d think we’ve been battered 5-0. Full time status and big wages will understandably increase expectations but let’s see where we are after the first 4-5 games 

1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

As an amateur side we have produced 4 Scotland squad players in the last few years. Yesterday was a disappointment given that we are now a full time professional side.

I think everyone was disappointed, but it's the first league game of the season.  I think the manager and the players deserve a few weeks at least before we assemble the lynch mob.

12 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

I know we're expected to play everyone off the park, but it's still a point away from home to a dangerous side.

10 hours ago, qpfc said:

Let’s all calm doon, we didn’t lose the game

Sad to see some of you are already institutionalised by 'Sugar' Ray McKinnon.

2 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

As an amateur side we have produced 4 Scotland squad players in the last few years. Yesterday was a disappointment given that we are now a full time professional side.

We famously never had any disappointing performances as an amateur side, and certainly none containing any of those four capped players. 

3 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

These two statements might be true, but that doesn't mean that they're linked.  

Any players developed at Queen's before came through when there was regular income from Hampden and there wasn't the possibility and fear of relegation out the league.  Some folk still seem to think that staying amateur would have preserved the status quo.  It wouldn't.  That money wouldn't be coming in, the youth set up would be dismantled because of the drop in income and there would be ambitious ex-junior teams targeting our place in the league.

Meanwhile, professionalism doesn't necessarily mean success.  From what I can see there's been two steps to this which have become a bit entangled in how folk now perceive the club.  There was the vote to turn professional, supported by 90%+ of members, which was about trying to put the club on the best footing to survive and compete at a decent level, then there was money subsequently being made available for players which has raised expectations massively.  However, a mediocre start to the season doesn't mean that professionalism has failed or was the wrong thing to do.  Maybe we have got the wrong manager, as supporters of other teams he's been at have been keen to tell us, maybe he's signed a bunch of journeymen (as it looked yesterday), its too early to tell yet.  Maybe this is just a bedding in period and we'll have a successful season.  Whatever the case the only way turning professional will have failed is if we end up in a worse position than we would have been if we had stayed amateur (in the current circumstances, not those of a past that no longer exists).  The benefit for those who were against professionalism is that they can point and sneer whenever anything goes wrong without having to prove that staying amateur would have been anything less than a disaster for the club.

Edited by Chester Desmond