Queen's Park 2020/21

8 hours ago, qpfc said:

Yeah noticed that aswell from the Morton game. As much as I’d love to see Galt captain, I’d like to think McKinnon would of spoke to both Galt and Grant to discuss the captaincy and what the appropriate solution would be.

I know Grant only joined in January but he really does come across as captain material in my opinion

Yep I think having Peter Grant as captain makes perfect sense. You could tell within a couple of games he is a natural leader and organiser.

David Galt still has a huge role to play for the team (as a key attacking player) and the wider club (as an ambassador and role model). I don’t think he needs an armband for either of those.

11 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

He’s hardly been in the door to be a captain of the club when Galty is Mr QP. Yer a fool if you think Grant cares about the club like Galt. The arm band should mean a lot and be chosen wisely. Looks like it’s went to the gaffers favourite?

I may be cynical here but it appears to be symbolic of the clubs position right now. Tradition and loyalty out the window on this occasion? 

Mr QP? He's hardly Caven or Quinn. You forgetting he left us to play for Alloa (then Cambuslang Rangers) Of course, he was perfectly entitled to do so, he had earned the right for a crack at a higher level with Alloa but let's not re-write history. Some of our fans seem to project a status onto David that I bet he even thinks is a bit OTT. Pretty sure he's more concerned right now about what's best for the team and trying to earn a regular place in it ( which he isn't guaranteed)

Gaffer's favourite? Grant is one of my favourites too (as is Galt) A good defender and a real leader on the pitch ( and no doubt off it as well) McKinnon is only doing what managers the world over do. It's his job to pick the guy who he thinks can lead us best on the pitch. Incidentally, Galt was his team captain from January to March when Grant was in the side. Galt must have been his favourite back then eh? 

Lastly, I assume you're aware club captains are chosen by the committee at the start of every season and we've had team captains before who weren't club captains. Paul Martin was team captain in 1999/2000 when he wasn't club captain. Stuart Kettlewell was team captain 2006/2007 and 2007/2008 when he wasn't club captain. Was tradition and loyalty out the window back then?

It's a new season and a new era. Everything that the club tries to do from now on is "symbolic of the clubs position" as a full time professional club. It's a real shame we still have some who are struggling to grasp what this means.

Edited by Mick1867

28 minutes ago, dirvy said:

Anyone surprised at the cost of streaming. 

Everyone is up in arms at premiership charging £15. 

betfred cup for £10 for a much inferior product seems excessive to me. 

I don't grudge teams it.  There's a real existential threat to clubs in Scotland, they need to find some kind of income.  Streaming isn't going to make any club rich, but if if helps keep them going a bit then fair enough.  Would I normally pay a tenner to watch football in the house on a stream that might not work perfectly?  Nah.  But this isn't very normal.

I wouldn't compare it to what English Premier League teams are charging either.  They're not desperate for money.  Its a different argument.  And to be honest, if we're talking about quality of product, why would anyone pay £15 to get into a Scottish League 2 ground, as we've been doing for a couple of years.  What we pay and why we do it doesn't stand up to any rational analysis.   We do it because we're daft.  

2 hours ago, dirvy said:

betfred cup for £10 for a much inferior product seems excessive to me. 

Not got an issue at all with clubs charging this for non-season ticket holders when there is no other match day income coming in at all. Loss of match day hospitality packages will also leave a big hole.  

It also depends on your definition of "a much inferior product".

I love Scottish football and everything about our lower leagues so our game is a much superior product imo. 

Edited by Mick1867

40 minutes ago, Chester Desmond said:

I don't grudge teams it.  There's a real existential threat to clubs in Scotland, they need to find some kind of income.  Streaming isn't going to make any club rich, but if if helps keep them going a bit then fair enough.  Would I normally pay a tenner to watch football in the house on a stream that might not work perfectly?  Nah.  But this isn't very normal.

I wouldn't compare it to what English Premier League teams are charging either.  They're not desperate for money.  Its a different argument.  And to be honest, if we're talking about quality of product, why would anyone pay £15 to get into a Scottish League 2 ground, as we've been doing for a couple of years.  What we pay and why we do it doesn't stand up to any rational analysis.   We do it because we're daft.  

Yeah £10 seems perfectly fair to me. I’m not sure how much ends up in the clubs pockets after streaming costs are accounted for right enough? To be honest I’m that desperate for any kind of football fix right now I would happily pay more than that!

16 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Does anyone have an opinion on Grant wearing the captains arm band? I’ve not read every post. 

I’m absolutely gutted to see David Galt on the pitch and Grant wearing it. He’s hardly been in the door to be a captain of the club when Galty is Mr QP. Yer a fool if you think Grant cares about the club like Galt. The arm band should mean a lot and be chosen wisely. Looks like it’s went to the gaffers favourite?

Can anyone shed light, is Galt the Club Captain at least? 

I may be cynical here but it appears to be symbolic of the clubs position right now. Tradition and loyalty out the window on this occasion? 

Just curious why you support Queen's Park, you never have anything positive to say about the Club?

41 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

I should have been more specific. I meant out of the SPFL. While I am on a moan why the hell are we using squad numbers? 

Because we're an absolutely massive club. I, for one, have never slagged other lower league clubs for such behaviour.

Just out of interest, how much did you sell Hampden for? Was it just five million, or are you still entitled to some revenue from concerts, etc?
JUST a paltry £5m I'm afraid.Its being paid in instalments over a number of years (10?), so it's not like we're sitting with all that in the bank to play with. The initial payment is funding the redevelopment of Lesser, and the ongoing yearly instalments will be part of our income each year similar, but lower than, the rent we used to get from the SFA.
The SFA now own Hampden and we have no stake in it, so we get no revenue from anything taking place on the stadium.
I think that's all right, but I'm sure others will correct anything I've got wrong.