Queen's Park 2020/21

19 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Shop website in meltdown. Almost 100 away tops sold since 9am launch with one size sold out.

A reorder has been made re the home top already.

Good to hear. Wouldn't bet against it being our best seller ever. There will be folk who will buy it purely as a result of it being mental. Club has played a blinder here. 

5 hours ago, qpfc said:

Watched the game aswell, thought Gillespie was really impressive as was Robson at left back particularly in the 2nd half. Big trialist striker also looked impressive when he came on. As been mentioned already, absolute howler for the goal, think it may have been from Morrison ? However, we competed well and matched Airdrie for the entirety of the game I’d say

I was impressed with you guys today myself. I knew it was never going to be easy with the signings you’ve made, so I’m delighted with the win and it’s given me hope for the season ahead. You have a better team than most of league 1, and would probably finish in the (promotion) playoffs in league 1. Good luck for the season ahead!

Edited by GoalForAirdrie

Enjoyed being able to see QP in action again even if it was a) a friendly b) on a stream and c) from a ground which will always be tied to season 2013-2014

The quality of the stream was great so well done to the folks at Airdrie

In terms of the team I thought we looked pretty solid. Gillespie and Lyon looked good on the ball but don’t maybe offer the same creativity as Craig Slater. I notice that he, Lee Kilday and Cammy Bell haven’t been involved in the last couple of games so presumably carrying injuries?

Was the “trialist” striker Will Baynham?

8 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Enjoyed being able to see QP in action again even if it was a) a friendly b) on a stream and c) from a ground which will always be tied to season 2013-2014

The quality of the stream was great so well done to the folks at Airdrie

In terms of the team I thought we looked pretty solid. Gillespie and Lyon looked good on the ball but don’t maybe offer the same creativity as Craig Slater. I notice that he, Lee Kilday and Cammy Bell haven’t been involved in the last couple of games so presumably carrying injuries?

Was the “trialist” striker Will Baynham?

Hope it was Baynham, certainly looked a handful and was unlucky with his header that hit the bar 

1 hour ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

I was impressed with you guys today myself. I knew it was never going to be easy with the signings you’ve made, so I’m delighted with the win and it’s given me hope for the season ahead. You have a better team than most of league 1, and would probably finish in the (promotion) playoffs in league 1. Good luck for the season ahead!

I thought Airdrie looked tidy and very sharp, and effectively pressed us on the ball. Great to get worthwhile preparation for next weekend, and encouraged by the quality of the streaming.

21 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:
1 hour ago, Huntsman said:
Yes it was. Will’s family watched live streaming in Australia!

Any reason why was he listed as trialist if he's signed?

A guess, but as he last played in North America, perhaps international clearance is still to be completed?

A guess, but as he last played in North America, perhaps international clearance is still to be completed?
Sounds plausible. If so then hopefully it gets sorted soon, as it sounds like he's someone we'll want to have available once the competitive games start.

50 minutes ago, QP145 said:

QP 18s 2-0 Motherwell 18s this morning at lesser 👍

Nice to see, amidst the euphoria of all our new first team signings, and the expectations of all that's "new" about our club; that the youngsters, and not forgetting the trainers and staff of our under18's, are still able to punch above their weight, so to speak. I seem to remember the under18's getting a 3-3 draw recently with Rangers. 

Seems our tradition of bringing through a stream of quality young players; is in good hands.  Well done to all concerned :o)

First up, a big well done to Airdrie FC for my flawless introduction to the "streaming" of a football match. I signed on at 5 to 12, and paid my fiver and 2 minutes later was able to watch the entire match uninterrupted; with no break up in the stream. Our Committee could do worse than to look into the Airdrie system for any future plans for a similar arrangement at Hampden.

It was great to see the new lineup, albeit with for me, that awful dark blue away strip, I thought we'd seen the last of that last season.

All in all, I thought we played really well, at a much faster pace and were very competitive in all areas, there was also much movement at throw-ins and corners indicating a willingness to take the game to the opponents. The result aside , from the only defensive "slip up" in the whole match; it gave me much hope for the season ahead. Given our "rookie" squad, we matched Airdrie in most areas, and this Airdrie team knew each other inside out and came 3rd in League 1 only a few points behind Falkirk and Raith.

There's much work to be done of course, with no guarantees of success, but given the young lad Paterson only signed up on Friday, the day before the game; plus the Trialist who appears to have been our Aussie/Canadian lad Baynham, and Darren Lyon both joined only a week or so ago, this was probably this lineup's first competitive outing. For me their wasn't a single flaw in our line-up's performance, and each of the subs impressed when they came on and added a new dimension to our play.

So a big well done to all involved, in the absence of fans at the games to show their appreciation, this forum could be an excellent way of giving the team our thumbs up :thumsup2

I'm now so looking forward to our game against Thistle next weekend, let's hope they have solved the gremlins in their "streaming service". According to the Jags fan's forum it took some people almost the entire first half of their game against Hearts to get logged on, and then the system completely  crashed only 5 minutes into the second half.

1 hour ago, QP's in my DNA said:

Nice to see, amidst the euphoria of all our new first team signings, and the expectations of all that's "new" about our club; that the youngsters, and not forgetting the trainers and staff of our under18's, are still able to punch above their weight, so to speak. I seem to remember the under18's getting a 3-3 draw recently with Rangers. 

Seems our tradition of bringing through a stream of quality young players; is in good hands.  Well done to all concerned 🐵

100% this.  The guys and gals running our youth and community sections are doing a great job and whilst we are signing a terrific standard of player at the moment, the money won't last forever and we will have to rely on the youngsters coming through.  That we can offer them a paid apprenticeship will help in that.  Famously, we lost Aidan McGeady at something like 12 years of age and wee boys now have agents at age 14, and get whisked away far too early.  The loss of our amateur status will always be tinged with sadness, but if we emerge as a club more able to compete at a much higher level, sustainably, then it will be worth it.

1 hour ago, QP's in my DNA said:

First up, a big well done to Airdrie FC for my flawless introduction to the "streaming" of a football match. I signed on at 5 to 12, and paid my fiver and 2 minutes later was able to watch the entire match uninterrupted; with no break up in the stream. Our Committee could do worse than to look into the Airdrie system for any future plans for a similar arrangement at Hampden.

It was great to see the new lineup, albeit with for me, that awful dark blue away strip

There were a few problems in our first run at it with automated tracking: it got better in the 2nd one but still had a few bizarre moments when it missed all the action at the other end, but it was nearly perfect on Saturday. Looks as if it's the only way we can see matches so worth it for a wee while. As to your strip I am an old traditionalist and if colours don't clash then I want the Diamonds playing the Spiders "outfits". Take care