Queen's Park 2020/21

Yes, and we are looking at doing this.

My original comment was not directed exclusively at you but at the overall negativity of the thread.

I’m sure you are but this should not be down to the VOLUNTEERS from the media team to sort out. This should be a top priority for the club to sort out. Otherwise the club will piss off a lot of members and season ticket holder and risk becoming a laughing stock.

And as I said if you’re looking for help from supporters to cover games you only need to ask.

I’m sure you are but this should not be down to the VOLUNTEERS from the media team to sort out. This should be a top priority for the club to sort out. Otherwise the club will piss off a lot of members and season ticket holder and risk becoming a laughing stock.

And as I said if you’re looking for help from supporters to cover games you only need to ask.
With the exception of a few office staff that may still be furloughed and obviously the playing/coaching staff, the whole club is run by volunteers.
I expect it's the committee that will be responsible for looking into streaming options and as far as I know none of the committee are paid and so are doing their duties in their own time.
This is new territory for everyone and we need to be patient and give them a chance to explore all the options.
I doubt it's as simple as just asking for volunteers to point cameras at the pitch. There may be plenty of willing volunteers (especially as it's an excuse to be at the games in person) but we can't just take the first folk to put their hand up, we need people that know what they're doing and that can commit the time to do it regularly. I dont think it's a stretch to expect that if our first stream doesn't go well due to volunteers not being competent with the technology, then this forum will be full of posts complaining about it.
To be clear, I'm not for a minute suggesting that we don't have any competent people that could volunteer, just that it may take time to identify and train them.
We're a few weeks away from the first home game, and it sounds like work has been going on behind the scenes for a while already, so I'm hopefull we'll have something in place by then.

1 hour ago, Boris the Spider said:

Can't be that hard. I was hoping that the club might be open beforehand so that I could have a couple of Monkey Shoulders to steady the hands.

That's the selfless can-do attitude that will see us through these dark times.  You're an inspiration to us all.

Edited by Chester Desmond

15 hours ago, NathanQP said:

The club have released a statement saying they are looking into it, the media team want to help out as much as possible yet we still get criticised for giving up our free time to help the club.

Think you're being a bit over sensitive here. It was only a couple of days ago that lavish praise was being bestowed upon the media team. Any right minded individual knows the great job you are doing. If streaming wasn't to happen for some strange reason then it wouldn't be your fault - as you only carry out the wishes of the club - it would be the fault of the committee who get elected by the  members (supporters) to make the right decisions on their behalf. 

Edited by Mick1867

12 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

I expect it's the committee that will be responsible for looking into streaming options and as far as I know none of the committee are paid and so are doing their duties in their own time.

Aye, a volunteer is just a supporter who loves their club and wants to get involved.  We wouldn't have a supporters' association without such a group of folk. The SA has organised and ran so much stuff over the years on behalf of everyone, leaving the club committee and office staff to get on with the rest. I think the least the same folk - indeed our whole support -  deserve as a wee reward in the current shitey climate is to watch their team online ( I imagine all the committee will be allowed to attend the games which is fair enough)

18 hours ago, Reclusespider said:

I think the answer is in your statement - due to new Covid 19 restrictions, which is from the Government not from personal choice. 

So what government statement has told us i,t is now safe to work on a Friday but not a Tuesday at Lesser Hampden?

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

I volunteer to be a ball boy.

If we do stream and you get your wish Mick, it appears that you may have to wait until the league game against the dirty rovers according to the club website. Why are we not trying to get the two Betfred cup ties at home which are the 10th and 14th October streamed, does Nathan know the answer to that?

If we do stream and you get your wish Mick, it appears that you may have to wait until the league game against the dirty rovers according to the club website. Why are we not trying to get the two Betfred cup ties at home which are the 10th and 14th October streamed, does Nathan know the answer to that?

They are in November Dooflick. God help us if we’re nothing in place by then.
Mind you with a potential circuit break in the offing there might be no football again.

34 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

So what government statement has told us i,t is now safe to work on a Friday but not a Tuesday at Lesser Hampden?

Does it really matter during a pandemic? A lot of workers have been allowed flexibility. As long as they do the required number of  hours agreed with employers  

I've been working from home since March and we have been told we won't have the opportunity to go back to the office environment til at least February. Then we'll have a choice to do that or work permanently from home. In the meantime, our hours are flexible as folk try to balance home and working life. 

Edited by Mick1867

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

I believe the change is actually a reduction in the hours at lesser not a change of days.  I have passed by on a Friday and office staff are in. Why keep having a go at them? 

1 hour ago, Tutankhamen said:

143 years amateur and Queens Park pick now to go professional.

It's a funny old world.

Jings, Tut, for someone that's been around as long as you I'm surprised you've got Queen's amateur longevity wrong.

Mind you if I'd been asleep for as long as you till 1922, it's not surprising you've missed 10 years of our existence :o)

4 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Does it really matter during a pandemic? A lot of workers have been allowed flexibility. As long as they do the required number of  hours agreed with employers  

I've been working from home since March and we have been told we won't have the opportunity to go back to the office environment til at least February. Then we'll have a choice to do that or work permanently from home. In the meantime, our hours are flexible as folk try to balance home and working life. 

Exactly. Good employers recognise the situation we're in and that people's lives, responsibilities and general priorities have changed. Think everyone associated with the club should want us to be as good as we can be on every level, including how we treat employees in terms of working conditions and environment. Find it incredible that some don't seem to, particularly just now.