Queen's Park 2020/21

5 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

Serious question, folks. With you now turning semi-pro, coupled with Thistle's recent downturn in fortunes, is it conceivable that you might take their place as Glasgow's third club? You also have a more illustrious history, than they do.

"Semi-pro"? Our first team are full-time!

21 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

What?!

Sorry, I had no idea. How is that sustainable for a club with attendances of around 500?

Willie Haughey is bankrolling the playing side with his own money. That aside, the club is actually only a sound financial footing anyway. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Willie Haughey is bankrolling the playing side with his own money. That aside, the club is actually only a sound financial footing anyway. 

Aye, but isn't that due to the sale of Hampden? It's good to hear, regardless. Queens Park don't belong in the basement of Scottish football.

10 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

Serious question, folks. With you now turning semi-pro, coupled with Thistle's recent downturn in fortunes, is it conceivable that you might take their place as Glasgow's third club? You also have a more illustrious history, than they do.

Serious answer, I f***ing hope so!

2 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

Aye, but isn't that due to the sale of Hampden? It's good to hear, regardless. Queens Park don't belong in the basement of Scottish football.

We were financially secure even before the Hampden money. We've been receiving rental money on an annual basis for a couple of decades as an amateur side. 

Cycling through Pollok Park this morning I saw a lot of your youngsters about, wearing the distinctive, and rather dapper, thin black and white hoops. It occurred to me you probably spend quite a lot of money on the youth set up, and perhaps the Strollers. Hopefully in the future that will pay off. 

Queens Park is a club I've always liked, and I genuinely hope this works out and look forward to some away days in the future.

Cycling through Pollok Park this morning I saw a lot of your youngsters about, wearing the distinctive, and rather dapper, thin black and white hoops. It occurred to me you probably spend quite a lot of money on the youth set up, and perhaps the Strollers. Hopefully in the future that will pay off. 
Queens Park is a club I've always liked, and I genuinely hope this works out and look forward to some away days in the future.

We've been using the Nether Pollok playing fields for things like youth traing etc while Lesser is under renovation. Probably why you saw so many hooped shirts about.
Glad to see some of the locals have noticed them, anything to raise awareness that we exist in the community is a good thing.

Saw Elgin played at the weekend and a lot of WOS sides were the same. Any word on whether we had a bounce game? If not, you have to assume we'll have one imminently given that it's really not all that long until the BetFred Cup. 

Edited by an86

Anyone know when Slater will serve his suspension? First League Cup or first league match?
I know it's normally in the same competition but sometimes for a straight red you automatically miss the next game whatever it is. 

Not sure. I thought a straight red would be next match but that maybe for violent conduct. Hopefully it is the league cup game although he will probably want to play that game as it is his old team.

I think he’ll do well. Scored against you last year in Betfred Cup. One of many headers he scored.
I was sorry we couldn't hold on to him (though very happy with who we've brought in to replace him) He'll do well with Thistle and wish him all the best. He works hard, helps out with effectively defending at corners, and most importantly scores goals. Seems to be a good guy too, always had time to chat to fans at the end of games etc. (that might not be allowed for a while).
I was hoping we would get Livi in one of the cups as we never got the chance to give him a send off, so I hope we're allowed to be at the Bedford group game (though not holding out much hope)
Hope his goal tally starts after that game though.