Queen's Park 2020/21

Would be quite surprised if you end up signing Tommy as McKinnon never really seemed to fancy him and barely played him when he was with us. As a left wing-back in a 5 he’s got a lot of quality great engine to get up and down the park, defensively sound and a good final ball. Play him at left midfield and he’s pretty much anonymous and left back in a 4 he struggles with the defensive side of the game. His positioning is generally very poor and due to his height is constantly attacked in the air. I’m sure Thistle inextricably player him centre mid a few times last season with horrendous consequences as well.

As a left wing back he’s good enough for the Championship imo and I’m a big fan of his. But any other position he will get caught out.

I read Stenny are streaming their home games for fans. I kinda expect QP to follow. Greedy me wants away games too but I’ll settle with home 😊.  Anyone in the know able to comment? 

It’s nonsensical to stream games at Hampden when we could all social distance but the same uncertainty remains with toilets and the concourse etc etc. 

I quite like the idea of watching Queen’s on the couch, close to the fridge and biscuit tin. I’m sure that won’t last for long though. Hopefully back in the stands soon.  ⚫⚪

46 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

I read Stenny are streaming their home games for fans. I kinda expect QP to follow. Greedy me wants away games too but I’ll settle with home 😊.  Anyone in the know able to comment? 

It’s nonsensical to stream games at Hampden when we could all social distance but the same uncertainty remains with toilets and the concourse etc etc. 

I quite like the idea of watching Queen’s on the couch, close to the fridge and biscuit tin. I’m sure that won’t last for long though. Hopefully back in the stands soon.  ⚫⚪

I expect to be at games especially as trial games in September with crowds are going ahead. We can easily get 1,000 socially distancing in Hampden

3 hours ago, NathanQP said:

With streaming the games debate, I think it needs to be taken into consideration that the media team are volunteers, they don’t get paid so you might need to temper your expectations of what to expect.

I always assumed they got some financial recognition. Expenses at very least. Is that the same with all lower league clubs?

I always assumed they got some financial recognition. Expenses at very least. Is that the same with all lower league clubs?

Not sure, but I’d assume most of the clubs below the championship would all be volunteers.

2 hours ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

In terms of legality though, is there any legal reason in SPFL legislation games can't be streamed?

Stenny and Cove (at least, there might be others but they're the ones I've seen) have both said they'll be streaming games so it would seem not.

Scottish Premiership teams had to come to an agreement with Sky over streaming games as they have the rights to televise live games.  I don't know if there's anything like that for the other divisions.

41 minutes ago, Chester Desmond said:

Stenny and Cove (at least, there might be others but they're the ones I've seen) have both said they'll be streaming games so it would seem not.

Are they doing this free? Surely there is an opportunity to generate some income here, although I confess I have no idea how easy that is technically or legally.

41 minutes ago, Chester Desmond said:

Scottish Premiership teams had to come to an agreement with Sky over streaming games as they have the rights to televise live games.  I don't know if there's anything like that for the other divisions.

Don't think there should be a problem for leagues 1 & 2. We are never on the telly.

17 hours ago, NathanQP said:

With streaming the games debate, I think it needs to be taken into consideration that the media team are volunteers, they don’t get paid so you might need to temper your expectations of what to expect.

No worries, I'll be happy with something that at least equates to the old Scotsport cameras but much better than waiting for the page to refresh on Ceefax.   

Given that our games have been getting filmed for the purposes of highlights for years, indeed Sean is usually there home and away doing his stuff, what would be the difference when it comes to streaming them live? Would the issue be updating the technology and the costs involved? 

Pretty sure the club can afford that no problem and it's the least they can attempt for season ticket holders and members who will have paid up front for the season. 

11 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Are they doing this free? Surely there is an opportunity to generate some income here, although I confess I have no idea how easy that is technically or legally.

Most Premiership teams are currently including this as part of the season ticket. Every other punter is PPV. Don't see why this shouldn't be the same for our leagues although I appreciate this depends on the budget needed to implement this at different clubs.

Edited by Mick1867