Queen's Park 2020/21

2 hours ago, Reclusespider said:

12 players listed under first team, 3 are keepers. Looking forward to more announcements in the lead up to October. With Sal moving on, I would like to see another centre forward signed up to assist McHugh. 

I expect to see a few loans, as well as actual signings. The tricky bit about signing full-timers from a level above is that some of them are going to have to come down to League Two to sit on the bench more than they'd like. That's probably the only tough sell we have. 

38 minutes ago, an86 said:

I expect to see a few loans, as well as actual signings. The tricky bit about signing full-timers from a level above is that some of them are going to have to come down to League Two to sit on the bench more than they'd like. That's probably the only tough sell we have. 

Yes, that would be a double whammy. Firstly coming down the leagues and secondly if they are left on the bench. I think it's up to six loans this year so plenty of scope there.

Think that has always been the case? Don’t think any teams were intending going back till early September. The testing requirements will not be as stringent in lower leagues than Premier. They are supposed to be in their own bubble hence they were given special government clearance to start early. The rest starting later was in the hope that the instances of Covid had eased. The part time players are mixing with different people through the week at work therefore they can’t be in a bubble so pointless having the same testing requirements.

38 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Think that has always been the case? Don’t think any teams were intending going back till early September. The testing requirements will not be as stringent in lower leagues than Premier. They are supposed to be in their own bubble hence they were given special government clearance to start early. The rest starting later was in the hope that the instances of Covid had eased. The part time players are mixing with different people through the week at work therefore they can’t be in a bubble so pointless having the same testing requirements.

Hearts were back and told to stop training immediately!

What about all the West of Scotland teams who are training on the fly. Will the SFA continue to ignore this???

18 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

The part time players are mixing with different people through the week at work therefore they can’t be in a bubble 

Good point. Do you think the relevant authorities have thought this through properly? If some full time players are struggling to stay in their bubble  and keep healthy then how are they going to make this work with part time players? Jackie Brambles on the cards imo 

Interesting to see the club have allowed Barrs to design the away kit. I've long thought we should make more of our relationship with them. Absolutely first class when it comes to advertising and PR. Hopefully it's outlandish enough to get folk talking and gather a few extra quid from shirt collectors. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Interesting to see the club have allowed Barrs to design the away kit. I've long thought we should make more of our relationship with them. Absolutely first class when it comes to advertising and PR. Hopefully it's outlandish enough to get folk talking and gather a few extra quid from shirt collectors. 

Red Kola 3rd strip would be good too.