Queen's Park 2020/21

5 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Have we signed anyone who hasn’t previously worked under Ray? I thought Slater but I believe he was with him at Dundee Utd. We might be similar to Cove last season, strong team with limited numbers. I think they didn’t have a full bench against us. Didn’t stop them winning most weeks mind you. 

Slater and McKinnon weren't actually at United at the same time - Slater signed for them on loan in January 2018 and McKinnon had been sacked in October. He does seem to be the only one so far though.

10 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Have we signed anyone who hasn’t previously worked under Ray? I thought Slater but I believe he was with him at Dundee Utd. We might be similar to Cove last season, strong team with limited numbers. I think they didn’t have a full bench against us. Didn’t stop them winning most weeks mind you. 

If I’m not mistaken, I don’t think Peter Grant had played under McKinnon during his spells at Morton or Falkirk

Was Hopkin that signed Grant for Morton. But ol' Ray does have a habit of signing a lot of players he's worked with before. For us he signed Telfer, Buchanan, Edgenguele, Tidser, MacLean,Johnstone, Durnan, Connolly, Dixon, Buaben,Gomis,not sure about Longridge I think he was already with us but he worked with him at Raith. Doyle I think had maybe left Morton before he arrived. Fair amount of dung amongst that lot and sadly we are still lumped with some of it. 

On 06/08/2020 at 10:21, QPSpider1867 said:

The size of the squad definitely needed cutting down from last season. I reckon he'll be aiming for around 17/18 players ( the youths who have signed part time contracts can supplement it)

I fully expected him to initially sign players who have worked with him before. Given most of our targets are players who are currently full time, it's a bit easier to persuade such players to step down one or two leagues if you know each other. 

On 06/08/2020 at 08:53, Arachnophile said:

So, in 8 weeks and 2 days, the Betfred Cup kicks off. 

Hopefully a flurry of signings coming up to ensure we can field a team!

Pre-season training normally starts about 6 weeks before the season. Going by previous seasons we are normally signing players right up to kick off. I mind one season we had about 6 players officially signed then all these other guys were pictured at training.  Seems to always be the way with us

2 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

Messi available as he's not signed for Barcelona next season 😁

Think he could be cup-tied tho.

Which according to the new Covid rules (issued after the Aberdeen public pissup)

If you've drank from the communal drinking cup, and lets face it, no one has had more celebratory cups and drinking pots to share than Messi :o)

Looks like we'll have to settle for someone closer to home.

Can I suggest a centre forward that's desperate to leave his current Glasgow club, he could be a steal, as I'd heard he's only scored once in 2020.

Well, thinkin aboot it, mibbes naw.

Ach well, mibbe RayMac has the best plan, go wi' the wans ye know, think it's known as plan A.

Plan B...........................answers on a postcard :o)

On 07/08/2020 at 10:23, ebobsboy said:

Was Hopkin that signed Grant for Morton. But ol' Ray does have a habit of signing a lot of players he's worked with before. For us he signed Telfer, Buchanan, Edgenguele, Tidser, MacLean,Johnstone, Durnan, Connolly, Dixon, Buaben,Gomis,not sure about Longridge I think he was already with us but he worked with him at Raith. Doyle I think had maybe left Morton before he arrived. Fair amount of dung amongst that lot and sadly we are still lumped with some of it. 

Toshney also.