Queen's Park 2020/21

9 hours ago, big al said:

Doesn’t mean much for your chances of playing just because Hampden can manage a small crowd.

You need 9 other clubs to be able to manage it as well or who you going to play against?

I'm told that all the clubs had to commit themselves to playing, come what may. I'm taking from that that the league will start with or without crowds.  It all may depend on the cooperation of Hampden's new owners whether we can have the QP masses in the ground.

Our friends from Wattenscheid started their pre-season games on Saturday in an all-ticket, reduced capacity game. Hopefully, the UK looks at how other countries tackle this.

15 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I'm told that all the clubs had to commit themselves to playing, come what may. I'm taking from that that the league will start with or without crowds.  It all may depend on the cooperation of Hampden's new owners whether we can have the QP masses in the ground.

Our friends from Wattenscheid started their pre-season games on Saturday in an all-ticket, reduced capacity game. Hopefully, the UK looks at how other countries tackle this.

I agree with you but a lot can change between now and October. Vaccine or 2nd wave, take your pick?

17 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

SFA now own Hampden but Queen's hope to play there for most of next season. I'm not sure if there is an official end date for our games yet. Work on Lesser was due to start in March but was delayed for obvious reasons.

Come on TMWNN clarify the situation please. Have we now got 2.5 million in the bank, allowing for the bank holiday and will we now receive 250K per year for the next 10 years? Are we also being aloud to play at Hampden, rent free, until Lesser is complete.

As the DNA guy said, there has been nothing in the papers and indeed nothing on our website.

42 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Come on TMWNN clarify the situation please. Have we now got 2.5 million in the bank, allowing for the bank holiday and will we now receive 250K per year for the next 10 years? Are we also being aloud to play at Hampden, rent free, until Lesser is complete.

As the DNA guy said, there has been nothing in the papers and indeed nothing on our website.

I can confirm I don't have 2.5 million in the bank.

17 hours ago, big al said:

Doesn’t mean much for your chances of playing just because Hampden can manage a small crowd.

You need 9 other clubs to be able to manage it as well or who you going to play against?

We've only got 10 players at the moment so at least we can play fives amongst ourselves

22 hours ago, QP's in my DNA said:

Can somebody "officially" udate me on the situation regarding current ownership of Hampden; my understanding was that 1st Aug 2020 was the binding date ,for the sale/transfer of Hampden from Queens to the SFA.

As per this quote from SkyNews in June 2019, as the deal was finalised.

"""" In a statement, the SFA said it had "concluded a legally binding agreement with Queen's Park FC for the transfer of ownership of Scotland's National Stadium, Hampden Park".

It added: "Heads of terms were signed in September last year after a period of dialogue and after further discussion on structural and financial aspects of the agreement, a formal legal offer was issued on behalf of the Scottish FA on 7
June, 2019.

"We have now received notification from Queen's Park that they have accepted the final and binding deal.

"Key stakeholders including Scottish Ministers, sportscotland, Big Lottery Fund and Glasgow City Council have been informed of this formal agreement and the transfer of ownership will take place on 1 August, 2020 - after Hampden Park hosts its UEFA Euro 2020 fixtures.  """""

So far there's been a fair bit of chat and guesswork on P&B about where Queens might play when the new season starts. I don't remember anything being said on the Queens official website about the sale date being delayed; but I  seem to remember a statement from Queens saying that the SFA would allow a short extension to Queens use of Hampden as it's home venue, if Lesser Hampden was nearing completion.

So did the sale go head yesterday ?   Can someone clarify the clubs position on the changeover. Does anyone know if we're to have a "farewell" game at Hampden.

I realise that many of these decisions will have been put on hold due to coronavirus; but my understanding of the Scottish legal system, is that the date is binding as stated in the quote above. If it was due to go ahead yesterday, surely the national press would have covered it in some way ?

My apologies if I've missed the official clarification 🤓

No matter when the sale goes ahead, we were always going to start the  season at Hampden. The original deal included a clause that let us play there til the end of December rent free. If Lesser wasn't ready by January then we had an option to rent Hampden or look elsewhere,  

Lesser of course now won't be ready til at least March. My understanding is we will be given an extension due to the extreme circumstances. However like you I haven't read anything official announcing that.

4 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

No matter when the sale goes ahead, we were always going to start the  season at Hampden. The original deal included a clause that let us play there til the end of December rent free. If Lesser wasn't ready by January then we had an option to rent Hampden or look elsewhere,  

Lesser of course now won't be ready til at least March. My understanding is we will be given an extension due to the extreme circumstances. However like you I haven't read anything official announcing that.

Call me an auld cynic, but I wouldn't trust the SFA as far as I could hurl one o' their overpriced pies.

I only hope that Queens have it all in writing, and have even got a "sell on" clause in the deal.

I wouldn't put it past this lot to sell Hampden, for the £30+ million Queens had it valued at, pay off the debentures and outstanding loans, and move to  Ian Maxwell's beloved Murrayfield; which he quite clearly favoured in his statement, in the Herald, announcing the deal with Queens.

""""""""SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell said: “I would first of all like to offer my thanks to Dominic McKay and his team at Scottish Rugby. They have been impressive throughout the process and I would like to continue to build that relationship. There is a lot we can learn from each other. """"""""""

I would have thought he would " first of all ",  offered his thanks to Queens Park.

28 minutes ago, QP's in my DNA said:

I only hope that Queens have it all in writing, and have even got a "sell on" clause in the deal.

I wouldn't put it past this lot to sell Hampden, for the £30+ million Queens had it valued at, pay off the debentures and outstanding loans, and move to  Ian Maxwell's beloved Murrayfield; which he quite clearly favoured in his statement, in the Herald, announcing the deal with Queens.

That was asked at one of the meetings last season and there is a sell on clause, although I don't think any timescale was mentioned about how long it lasts.

I think the SFA will hang on to Hampden and hope to get public money to do the stadium up if the UK gets the 2030  world cup. If we don't get it, they will sell it as soon as potential repayments to the debenture holders and lottery have expired and f off to Murray field.

13 hours ago, QP's in my DNA said:

I heard privately that Maxwell was one of the backers of Hampden. Public press statements he has to make on behalf of the whole SFA board are a different matter.

I'll be honest, once that shower take ownership I couldn't give a shite what they eventually do with it once the sell on clause expires.

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

I heard privately that Maxwell was one of the backers of Hampden. Public press statements he has to make on behalf of the whole SFA board are a different matter.

I'll be honest, once that shower take ownership I couldn't give a shite what they eventually do with it once the sell on clause expires.

When we qualify for the Champion's League, we'll buy it back.

On 03/08/2020 at 13:42, The man with no name said:

I can confirm I don't have 2.5 million in the bank.

Good reply TMWNN it shows that at least one of the Committee has a sense o humour, but you did not answer the question. With nothing on the website or indeed in the papers all supporters are wondering if the sale has gone through or has it been held up with covid-19?

7 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Good reply TMWNN it shows that at least one of the Committee has a sense o humour, but you did not answer the question. With nothing on the website or indeed in the papers all supporters are wondering if the sale has gone through or has it been held up with covid-19?

Just spotted it on the club website the sale has gone through,however no mention of an exact date when we will play our last game at Hampden. Thought that under the circumstances the SFA would have agreed that we can play all of this incoming season at Hampden!!

Why don’t you check the website instead of moaning on Pie & Bovirl. 🤦‍♂️

On 03/08/2020 at 16:06, Mick1867 said:

We've only got 10 players at the moment so at least we can play fives amongst ourselves

Have we signed anyone who hasn’t previously worked under Ray? I thought Slater but I believe he was with him at Dundee Utd. We might be similar to Cove last season, strong team with limited numbers. I think they didn’t have a full bench against us. Didn’t stop them winning most weeks mind you.