Queen's Park 2020/21

Pleased to see the stand will be extended closer to the pitch (assume that’s what’s going on). Definitely makes for a better stadium regardless of the size. 

Yeah, it’ll need to be closer to get up to that 1,000 person mark

11 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Stirling away first game of the season. Usually a terrific wee day out. Shame if we can’t go. I’d like to go to Stranraer too since it’s been awhile. 

First meeting with Edi City is December. The league might be taking shape by then and I’m sure they’ll be a favourite again this year. 

Can't believe three of our best away days are in the opening four games. If we can't get to these games then I think I'll greet 😥 

A midweek game at Elgin in April as well! At least we have plenty of notice for a change to get time off.  An absolute buffoonery guaranteed trip.

Looks like a possibility of limited crowds being back from September 14th. Who knows what that'll look like?

I expect the club will be taking the best possible advice on how to utilise the 52,000 seats and facilities that we'll require. 

If we're going to maximise distancing, while still getting a reasonable crowd in, it would make more sense to me to spread that across the North Stand, rather than having folk wedged into the left hand side of the South, not necessarily with a great view.

I highly doubt that hospitality and lounges will be open, so there's no real need to factor that in. Would be surprised to see kiosks in as well.  Even at 10% capacity, the North Stand would hold 910, which is plenty. More toilet facilities available as well. 

It really depends on how strict things are. Possibility of season tickets only and potentially not having away supports. If it's not the case, and it is a wee bit less strict, absolutely everything will need to be all ticket for contact tracing purposes and away tickets and details would need to be organised through each club. Possibly ID and all that sort of thing if clubs go to absolute extremes, which you couldn't really blame them for in the circumstances. 

21 minutes ago, an86 said:

. Would be surprised to see kiosks in as well. 

I don't see why not.

Scenario: there's a 700 crowd at Hampden for Queen's v Ed City. The kiosks are shut. 

Fortunately I have read on the Queen's Park website that there will be no catering so I have smuggled in some half time pieces bought from Asda (which probably has 700 folk going through it every day) or some minging pies from Greggs, the purchasing of which would be no different from buying something from a pie stall in Hampden (albeit cheaper). 

I suppose to enforce social distancing you could have something like the peanut sellers you see depicted at baseball games. They could chuck pre-packaged pies at fans who order them 

"I'll have a mince pie, pal"

"Here ye are, CATCH!"

*SPLAT* INTO TAM'S COUPON

SPIDERS FANS PISH THEMSELVES LAUGHING. 

There's no word yet on whether spectators will be allowed in. I honestly can't see our division starting if there is no income from the gates. Schools go back full time in mid August. I think the authorities will see how that goes.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

25 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

There's no word yet on whether spectators will be allowed in. I honestly can't see our division starting if there is no income from the gates. 

Agreed, totally pointless. However at least saying the  Premiership can start trialling things mid-September gives us hope, especially given our small crowds. Easily manageable at Hampden.  

Young Mr Morrison heading your way from Dunfermline I have heard [emoji102]

Been rumoured since he was released ages ago and it makes perfect sense as he did well in his handful of appearances at the start of the year

Latest from the scoop Grant Gillespie (ex Hamilton).

Aye it’s unlikely he’ll get a new deal with us considering how poor he was in the few games he played. Really really slow although I’m not sure if that’s just a fitness issue but no chance he’s up to it in the Championship now. Should do fine in League Two though.

Can somebody "officially" udate me on the situation regarding current ownership of Hampden; my understanding was that 1st Aug 2020 was the binding date ,for the sale/transfer of Hampden from Queens to the SFA.

As per this quote from SkyNews in June 2019, as the deal was finalised.

"""" In a statement, the SFA said it had "concluded a legally binding agreement with Queen's Park FC for the transfer of ownership of Scotland's National Stadium, Hampden Park".

It added: "Heads of terms were signed in September last year after a period of dialogue and after further discussion on structural and financial aspects of the agreement, a formal legal offer was issued on behalf of the Scottish FA on 7
June, 2019.

"We have now received notification from Queen's Park that they have accepted the final and binding deal.

"Key stakeholders including Scottish Ministers, sportscotland, Big Lottery Fund and Glasgow City Council have been informed of this formal agreement and the transfer of ownership will take place on 1 August, 2020 - after Hampden Park hosts its UEFA Euro 2020 fixtures.  """""

So far there's been a fair bit of chat and guesswork on P&B about where Queens might play when the new season starts. I don't remember anything being said on the Queens official website about the sale date being delayed; but I  seem to remember a statement from Queens saying that the SFA would allow a short extension to Queens use of Hampden as it's home venue, if Lesser Hampden was nearing completion.

So did the sale go head yesterday ?   Can someone clarify the clubs position on the changeover. Does anyone know if we're to have a "farewell" game at Hampden.

I realise that many of these decisions will have been put on hold due to coronavirus; but my understanding of the Scottish legal system, is that the date is binding as stated in the quote above. If it was due to go ahead yesterday, surely the national press would have covered it in some way ?

My apologies if I've missed the official clarification 🤓

On 30/07/2020 at 16:37, Mick1867 said:

Agreed, totally pointless. However at least saying the  Premiership can start trialling things mid-September gives us hope, especially given our small crowds. Easily manageable at Hampden.  

Doesn’t mean much for your chances of playing just because Hampden can manage a small crowd.

You need 9 other clubs to be able to manage it as well or who you going to play against?