Queen's Park 2020/21

On 22/07/2020 at 20:45, Ben Reilly said:

II wonder if our Peter Grant jnr put a word in for him to his dad.

Peter Grant snr came to watch his son in February and was impressed with Nicky. He then obviously got a glowing recommendation from junior. Looks to me like this move to Alloa was in the pipeline for a while. 

Do folk reckon that if Ray had offered him a full time deal he would definitely have signed it if he had got wind of a championship team being interested in him? A championship team that is part time but has some players on higher wages ( like Alan Trouten) than we are currently prepared to pay in League 2  ( believe it or not, McKinnon is working to a budget)  Also what's the hurry for any player to sign anything when we're not playing til October?

This, of course, is all speculation but it's not as simple as saying " he should  still be at QP" imo

On 23/07/2020 at 08:24, spider1867 said:

The thing you have to understand is Ray wants to build his own team.  

Well of course he does, that's hardly an exclusive. So would any manager in similar circumstances.

Doyle will run up and down all day, always gives his all, he couldn't cross the road though, and he's prone to the odd rush of blood in the box  He did score the odd screamer for us, your fans will take to him, he's a bit of a joker off the park,and  he should be better than most right backs in league 2. Good luck to him. 

Michael Doyle is a fantastic character and a real dressing room asset in any squad. Almost to the extent that whilst he's a good player, he's better for squad morale. He's at the centre of everything. He's a decent footballer. He's a good right back and can run all day with his energy levels although his final ball is rarely great when he ends up on the overlap. He's a better centre back for me but is occasionally prone to a complete brain freeze which costs a goal. His pace gets him out of trouble a lot as he can recover bad positions. He has his flaws at full time Championship level but I'd have been happy to get him back and he should absolutely cruise League 2, he's miles better than that level.

14 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Michael Doyle is a fantastic character and a real dressing room asset in any squad. Almost to the extent that whilst he's a good player, he's better for squad morale. He's at the centre of everything. He's a decent footballer. He's a good right back and can run all day with his energy levels although his final ball is rarely great when he ends up on the overlap. He's a better centre back for me but is occasionally prone to a complete brain freeze which costs a goal. His pace gets him out of trouble a lot as he can recover bad positions. He has his flaws at full time Championship level but I'd have been happy to get him back and he should absolutely cruise League 2, he's miles better than that level.

Cheers, good info. He certainly comes across well in his interview and I was delighted to hear him talk about taking nothing for granted and having to work hard for any success we want. 

Stirling away first game of the season. Usually a terrific wee day out. Shame if we can’t go. I’d like to go to Stranraer too since it’s been awhile. 

First meeting with Edi City is December. The league might be taking shape by then and I’m sure they’ll be a favourite again this year. 

On 25/07/2020 at 18:22, Hampden Diehard said:

Lesser today with the new stand stretching over the running track.

IMG_20200725_111628.jpg

IMG_20200725_111527.jpg

Pleased to see the stand will be extended closer to the pitch (assume that’s what’s going on). Definitely makes for a better stadium regardless of the size.