Queen's Park 2020/21

Jamieson was a good defender at League Two level for us. However, you get the feeling he's going to turn into Franco Baresi as soon as we concede a goal next season.

Would he have been off to Alloa if we had remained amateur or, indeed, even part-time? You'd have to think he would have been, given the jump. Nobody owes anybody anything here. If Ray McKinnon gets the calls wrong, he'll pay for them with his job. If he gets them right, we'll be trying to remember the name of the two boys from Largs who played under Roberts. That's football. 

Here's an absolutely nothing to talk about, so I'll just throw it out there musing. Could we make Galt into our Alan Trouten? 

He's largely been deployed on the wing and if there's one criticism you could make of is game it's his goal return. He's nearing 30 and isn't going to have the legs he has forever. 

When you look at Trouten, he didn't really start to deliver the goals until he was in his late 20s. In fact, he was over 30 when he had that mad season with Rovers. We know Galt can finish, we know he has a good football brain. With more quality and running in the team, could putting him in a free role at number ten transform him into a different sort of player and a potentially even bigger threaf? 

I look at his attributes and honestly think he could and should smash in fifteen goals per season in a good side. 

*edit- Pro-rata for the fifteen goals this season, obviously. 

Edited by an86

16 minutes ago, an86 said:

Here's an absolutely nothing to talk about, so I'll just throw it out there musing. Could we make Galt into our Alan Trouten? 

He's largely been deployed on the wing and if there's one criticism you could make of is game it's his goal return. He's nearing 30 and isn't going to have the legs he has forever. 

When you look at Trouten, he didn't really start to deliver the goals until he was in his late 20s. In fact, he was over 30 when he had that mad season with Rovers. We know Galt can finish, we know he has a good football brain. With more quality and running in the team, could putting him in a free role at number ten transform him into a different sort of player and a potentially even bigger threaf? 

I look at his attributes and honestly think he could and should smash in fifteen goals per season in a good side. 

That is not a silly suggestion. 

4 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

I think Galt is best laying the goals for Bob and whoever else we get in as a striker

A free role behind the striker would do that, but you'd also expect a higher return rate in terms of goals. Trouten was very rarely an out and out striker, despite being so prolific. Just a very clever footballer, who could both make things happen and finish. I think there are enough similarities to make it work. 

3 hours ago, an86 said:

I can see where you are coming from but I don’t know if Galt has the same intelligence and movement in around the box as Trouten does. Even when Trouten was playing for QP in league 1 many years ago, he still managed to hit double figures from out wide. Would obviously love to see Galt add goals to his game next season but i’ll happily watch him play on the wing winning 10+ penalties alongside a couple of 40 yarders 

Edited by qpfc

49 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

How was Aidan Keena for QP in league 1? What kind of striker is he?

Stood out like a sore thumb in what was a struggling side. Scored some outstanding goals and genuinely thought he would of broke in to the hearts team based on what I seen of him. Think Dunfermline fans were big fans of him if I remember aswell. Should score loads in league 1 if played regularly 

Edited by qpfc

7 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Michael Doyle was piss poor when Montrose played Falkirk last year be a good signing for league 2 though a would think.

Aye I’d agree with this. He cruised against the lower end of league one but struggled anytime we played yourselves, Airdrie or Rovers. Fittest guy in the league by a mile and has a great attitude, just technically not the greatest. Would be a good signing for QP.