Queen's Park 2020/21

8 hours ago, Janne Lindberg's Laces said:

He's absolutely not a player I would describe as loud, or as a leader. VT has described him well enough up above. He probably had 1 consistent season at Morton.

He should skoosh it at this level, but he's still likely to make mistakes.

To be fair, we're in League 2; everybody makes mistakes.

12 hours ago, an86 said:

We're still going to need more defenders. Have to say, the fact that Kilday was captain for four years at Morton is a huge positive. No danger of a quiet defensive line with Muir, Grant and him around, I wouldn't think. 

Have to say I like Lee Kilday. He was decent for us and I wouldn't have minded him returning. But he's one of the quietest defenders on and off the pitch I've ever seen. I would never have had him pegged for a captain.

1 hour ago, NathanQP said:

The only connection is his brother plays for us, I’m going go with no. My money is he turns up at Darvel on the 1st August.

Tbf it did say on the Clyde website that he is pursuing full time football opportunities so think they’re may be a decent chance he’ll join QP

Edited by qpfc

Alloa have confirmed the signing of Nicky Jamieson.

Great move for him. Quotes from Peter Grant Snr suggest he will be a squad player initially which makes sense.

Will be interesting to see if he can establish himself at that level which a couple of posters on here have stated he will do so comfortably.

Alloa have confirmed the signing of Nicky Jamieson.
Great move for him. Quotes from Peter Grant Snr suggest he will be a squad player initially which makes sense.
Will be interesting to see if he can establish himself at that level which a couple of posters on here have stated he will do so comfortably.

Interesting that while we're signing a number of players from Championship, one of our best players makes the move the other way.
Good luck to Nicky, I really hope the move works out well for him, especially if the suggestion is true that he only left us because full time football wasn't for him. That's a brave, head over heart call to make, so credit to him for doing whats right for him.
I wonder if our Peter Grant jnr put a word in for him to his dad.

3 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

Interesting that while we're signing a number of players from Championship, one of our best players makes the move the other way.
Good luck to Nicky, I really hope the move works out well for him, especially if the suggestion is true that he only left us because full time football wasn't for him. That's a brave, head over heart call to make, so credit to him for doing whats right for him.
I wonder if our Peter Grant jnr put a word in for him to his dad.

He didn’t leave because of full-time football. McKinnon didn’t want him. Said this a few times. Frustrated we’ve lost a good player to a championship club. Don’t understand the decision at all. Best of luck Nicky 👍

1 hour ago, Spider Rico said:

McKinnon didn’t want him. Said this a few times. 

Agree totally. Was never offered anything by Ray. Just released. The thing you have to understand is Ray wants to build his own team.  But let's hope he gets it right this time. 

As has been said before, we have a Head Coach who has lost just1 league game. Ray has earned the right to build his team. He hasn't even assembled half his squad yet and we have people criticising. I'm happy to wait and see the full squad that is assembled and also judge it when we have played a few games!

13 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

He didn’t leave because of full-time football. McKinnon didn’t want him. Said this a few times. Frustrated we’ve lost a good player to a championship club. Don’t understand the decision at all. Best of luck Nicky 👍

Please tell us when Ray said that he did not wont him on several occasions. If that is the case this is the first mistake that he has made. I was shattered when he did not sign him even on a part time contract. Also a big mistake not to have re signed McGroy and Main in a similar way. TMWNN says that he has only lost one game and that is true but that does not mean that he is perfect and the lose of these three players proves it. All three had very good potential and have been lost to the club.  

2 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Please tell us when Ray said that he did not wont him on several occasions. If that is the case this is the first mistake that he has made. I was shattered when he did not sign him even on a part time contract. Also a big mistake not to have re signed McGroy and Main in a similar way. TMWNN says that he has only lost one game and that is true but that does not mean that he is perfect and the lose of these three players proves it. All three had very good potential and have been lost to the club.  

Releasing the two midfielders will only be a mistake if we don’t replace them with better players .......which I’m pretty sure we will.

Edited by Spider Rico

18 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

How do you know this?

I’ve been informed, you’ll just have to take my word for it.  He wasn’t offered any contract from Ray/QP. We’ve lost a quality young talent for the future to a club 2 leagues above for £0 so it doesn’t really matter but I’d prefer the record to state the truth. He wasn’t part of the gaffers plans.

I’m not sure if Alloa have the hybrid contracts for part/full time players or not🤔