Queen's Park 2020/21

8 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

That fuckin mascot, but... 

My stance on our Nick Griffin inspired Bertie Bassett character pre-dates these joyous days and cannot be considered a newly created moan. 

Edited by an86

Fair play to Salim Kouider-Aissa on winning his move to Livingston. I thought he was tremendous last season and deserved a move to a higher level, but I didn't think he'd go all the way to the Premiership. I hope he's a big success there.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

28 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

The person who tipped me off about Bob McHugh joining has mentioned Lee Kilday.

This is the sort of vague rumour the crowd has been after! Would certainly fit the profile. 28 years old and well over 100 games in the Championship, having played for either Morton or Falkirk. 

3 hours ago, Boris the Spider said:

The person who tipped me off about Bob McHugh joining has mentioned Lee Kilday.

Decent player so I’m told. Can play left back or centre back. I’m not sure how many more of his ex players he can recruit but it’s exciting to hear new names.  One positive is they know how McKinnon ticks and what his expectations will be. I’d assume McKinnon won’t sign any player he’s had bother with in the past so the relationships will be strong.  

22 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Decent player so I’m told. Can play left back or centre back. I’m not sure how many more of his ex players he can recruit but it’s exciting to hear new names.  One positive is they know how McKinnon ticks and what his expectations will be. I’d assume McKinnon won’t sign any player he’s had bother with in the past so the relationships will be strong.  

Right back or centre back, but far better at centre back.

After starting off with a poor season at right back in League One, Kilday turned into a solid Championship centre back and turned down top flight clubs to stay at Morton, but he then spent a lot of time out injured and just wasn't the same player when he came back, not dissimilar to Grant in that sense.

There were few complaints when he was let go last summer after that decline, but we ended up with worse - of the five centre backs we had last season four were comfortably poorer, Grant included. While he probably isn't good enough for the Championship anymore, he's also probably still far too good for League Two.

9 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Right back or centre back, but far better at centre back.

After starting off with a poor season at right back in League One, Kilday turned into a solid Championship centre back and turned down top flight clubs to stay at Morton, but he then spent a lot of time out injured and just wasn't the same player when he came back, not dissimilar to Grant in that sense.

There were few complaints when he was let go last summer after that decline, but we ended up with worse - of the five centre backs we had last season four were comfortably poorer, Grant included. While he probably isn't good enough for the Championship anymore, he's also probably still far too good for League Two.

Thanks for correcting me, that’s good to know. Cheers. 

Looks like 5 subs are going to be allowed next season (at least). Seems like another sh1te #modernfitba decision and I'm instinctively against it. 

Wonder how that might have influenced decisions about some of the players that have moved on if we'd known this a couple of months ago? Might help bring through some younger players? Dunno. 

1 hour ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Looks like 5 subs are going to be allowed next season (at least). Seems like another sh1te #modernfitba decision and I'm instinctively against it. 

Wonder how that might have influenced decisions about some of the players that have moved on if we'd known this a couple of months ago? Might help bring through some younger players? Dunno. 

Doubt it'd have influenced anything much. The youth of the younger players, who were released, is somewhat overstated. Think only Luke Main is under 20. By the time players are 20/21 they need to be playing week in, week out in order to develop. That obviously wasn't going to happen. 

The guys who are 16/17/18 now are the ones who will get the benefit of the new structure at the club. Hopefully they'll be ready by the time they reach the ages of a lot of the guys who've just left. Think McGrory and Magee will get clubs at league level, but the fact that the others have ended up at Cumbernauld Colts would suggest that they're maybe not week in, week out players at league level. Some may develop and get to that level with game time at a lower level, of course.