Queen's Park 2020/21

21 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

There's a certain irony in QP fighting for a couple of hundred standing places whilst it's no problem for Celtic to get a licence for thousands of "safe standing" places despite fines from UEFA for crowd issues at a rate of more than one every season.

I'm still unclear as to why it has to be an expensive 'safe standing' set-up? We aren't in the top flight, all the teams around us have terracing or free standing around the ground. Surely we could have a section the same? No club outside the prem has safe standing so i don't see why its a requirement for Queen's.

43 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

I'm still unclear as to why it has to be an expensive 'safe standing' set-up? We aren't in the top flight, all the teams around us have terracing or free standing around the ground. Surely we could have a section the same? No club outside the prem has safe standing so i don't see why its a requirement for Queen's.

I asked the question after one of the meetings last season and apparently if you already have terracing that's fine, but any new area built in an SPFL ground has to be seated, this must have been a fairly recent change to the rules as Albion Rovers only put their new terrace up two or three years ago.

I asked the question after one of the meetings last season and apparently if you already have terracing that's fine, but any new area built in an SPFL ground has to be seated, this must have been a fairly recent change to the rules as Albion Rovers only put their new terrace up two or three years ago.

Maybe that wasn’t classed as a new build.

7 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

I didn't think there would be anything to stop us building a separate terraced enclosure....if the club had wanted to have something like that instead of one of the stands or one behind a goal.  I thought it's only an issue because it's going to be a smaller area that's part of a bigger stand (like Celtic Park)

We were promised a standing area at the meetings and Gerry was determined that the ground should lend itself to creating a bit of atmosphere. I hope they stay true to their word . If not then I hope those that want to will be allowed to stand up the back anyway, like we do at certain away grounds like Forthbank etc. As long  as we aren't blocking anyone's view. You'd like to think that everyone will quickly find their "usual spot"   

33 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

Where in the SPFL rules does it prevent you from having new build terracing? From reading the rules it seems like the requirements for stadia are: SFA licensed ground at entry level, floodlights meeting bronze level requirements, and a safety certificate from the council. Can't see anything specific about terracing in the rules.

If Queens Park progress through the leagues, what are the development possibilities at Lesser Hampden and what would be the maximum stadium capacity?

There was talk of being able to bring in temporary standing in case we got a big cup tie, so there’s areas of growth there

1 hour ago, Rugbypark said:

If Queens Park progress through the leagues, what are the development possibilities at Lesser Hampden and what would be the maximum stadium capacity?

The most recent communication says there is contingency in the designs/plans for additional capacity in the future if needed. 

There is room behind at least on of the goals to build another stand if needed

15 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

The most recent communication says there is contingency in the designs/plans for additional capacity in the future if needed. 

There is room behind at least on of the goals to build another stand if needed

Reckon we could probably build one behind each goal if we moved the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Where in the SPFL rules does it prevent you from having new build terracing? From reading the rules it seems like the requirements for stadia are: SFA licensed ground at entry level, floodlights meeting bronze level requirements, and a safety certificate from the council. Can't see anything specific about terracing in the rules.

I think it's the SFA who do the licencing not the SPFL. My understanding is that there are rules for new builds but, confusingly, only applies (or applied) to teams in the top four divisions. Cove got away with it as their new build didn't fall into the same set of rules as QP are building under at that time. 

Some of that might be pish.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I think it's the SFA who do the licencing not the SPFL. My understanding is that there are rules for new builds but, confusingly, only applies (or applied) to teams in the top four divisions. Cove got away with it as their new build didn't fall into the same set of rules as QP are building under at that time. 

Some of that might be pish.

This seems to be the only section in the SFA licensing manual which covers standing, no mention of the top four divisions anywhere. Cove's ground meets entry level requirements which is what is needed for Leagues One and Two, so if the local authority grant a safety certificate for the stadium then I don't see what the problem is.  https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/5839/scottish-fa-club-licensing-manual-2020.pdf

Screenshot_2020-07-06 scottish-fa-club-licensing-manual-2020 pdf.png

3 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

So who do think will be the next big signing? Who is out there that we can realistically bring in?

Not sure of what our upper level for signings is. Wouldn't have thought we could have got Slater or McHugh, who are easily Championship level. Hope we ask Declan McManus the question. Him and McHugh would score a million goals. 

So who do think will be the next big signing? Who is out there that we can realistically bring in?
I'm assuming we dont have a budget for transfers, I.e buying players from another team, as all the players we've brought in were out of contract at the time, (in some cases very conveniently recently released). So I would guess we're talking about any new signings being guys who aren't currently under contract. Which rules out Messi this summer.

Would like to ask the question of Stuart Morrison and Josh Doig.

Morrison is out of contract isn’t he.

Hopefully Hibs don’t want Doig to go to a higher level next season, he was some player!

Not sure of what our upper level for signings is. Wouldn't have thought we could have got Slater or McHugh, who are easily Championship level. Hope we ask Declan McManus the question. Him and McHugh would score a million goals. 

Mchugh will hopefully get tons of chances with the support from Galt and Maclean.

Is there any good defenders out there that we could go for?

Morrison is out of contract isn’t he.

Hopefully Hibs don’t want Doig to go to a higher level next season, he was some player!
Apparently Doig has a long term contract with Hibs, but perhaps they may let him come back on loan, especially if we're making a contribution to his wage