Queen's Park 2020/21

1 hour ago, Hard Graft said:

Creag Little - we have just signed him. Any thoughts about him

Good, honest centre half who is definitely good enough for the level. Excellent goal celebrations. 

11 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

...apart from the two players he has re-signed who first signed for us under MacPherson then re-signed for us under Roberts.

If he thinks a player is good enough he'll sign him

2/20 isn’t too convincing but fair enough. Possibly 3 if Sal stays. He’s let go Main, Moore, Jamieson, McGrory who are all learning their trade. He’ll need to recruit a lot to get an 11, a full bench and some squad players. The youngsters I’ve listed could have stayed and developed. I also thought the idea was to sell players for a price and not give them to our competitors for free? Our YPOTY going to Stirling is the first example. I think he’s going in his own direction. That’s fine btw, our team is forming strong. The players that have arrived are exciting. Just my thoughts. 

I think people should take into account that we can’t have bloated rosters anyway as each player needs to be paid. If they aren’t going to make a difference to the team and Ray thinks he can get better players out there then he should release them.

30 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

I also thought the idea was to sell players for a price and not give them to our competitors for free? Our YPOTY going to Stirling is the first example. 

The idea is players in our youth team will no longer be snapped up for free by bigger clubs .

Moore was a first team player who was out of contract so free to go anywhere he likes for no fee. I  don't think Stirling would have offered a fee for him if he was under contract, especially in the current climate. Now I suppose we could have extended his contract but what's the point if he isn't in McKinnon's future plans. That would have been unfair on everyone. I'm more excited to see how our youth system develops players under the new set up. We will also be able to attract better youth players to develop. 

McKinnon is definitely going in his own direction and rightly so. I don't see that stopping him from signing ex-QP players currently playing at a higher level if he thinks they will improve the team. 

Edited by Mick1867

Really encouraging news from the club in setting up the first Modern Apprenticeship and part time contracts for some of the youngsters. This is the way to keep them and maybe we'll get a year or two extra out of the next Andy Robertson.

42 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Really encouraging news from the club in setting up the first Modern Apprenticeship and part time contracts for some of the youngsters. This is the way to keep them and maybe we'll get a year or two extra out of the next Andy Robertson.

Delighted. The main reason I voted to go professional.

Exciting times with the new ground
Can’t see it clearly on the plans but has the suggested standing area not made it into the final design?
I noticed that someone had commented on the clubs Facebook page asking about a standing area. There's a reply from the clubs account saying there is some standing included in the plans, but it will be dependant on approval by "licensing authorities, city council etc." Hopefully this gets the go ahead.

13 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/pathway-to-professional-football-for-qp-youth-academy/

It's excellent.

re Heraghty. We can all see his potential but no way is he going to get a game ahead of Muir and Bell right now. This gives him focus and stops another club nicking him for their youth team. In a couple of years we should have a fine young keeper. 

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/pathway-to-professional-football-for-qp-youth-academy/

It's excellent.

re Heraghty. We can all see his potential but no way is he going to get a game ahead of Muir and Bell right now. This gives him focus and stops another club nicking him for their youth team. In a couple of years we should have a fine young keeper. 

Ideally be looking to loan him out to a Pollok, BSC or Clyde type club in the coming years. Important that our full-time players get experience before making the step up. 

Ideally be looking to loan him out to a Pollok, BSC or Clyde type club in the coming years. Important that our full-time players get experience before making the step up. 

I see what you did.

3 hours ago, an86 said:

He went on a 2 game emergency loan to Rossvale last season. Saved a pen and was man of the match in the first game.

Heraghty always turns out class on Football Manager, all the belief i need ;))

It's excellent.

On 02/07/2020 at 23:59, Ben Reilly said:
On 25/06/2020 at 20:24, Spider Rico said:
Exciting times with the new ground
Can’t see it clearly on the plans but has the suggested standing area not made it into the final design?

I noticed that someone had commented on the clubs Facebook page asking about a standing area. There's a reply from the clubs account saying there is some standing included in the plans, but it will be dependant on approval by "licensing authorities, city council etc." Hopefully this gets the go ahead.

There's a certain irony in QP fighting for a couple of hundred standing places whilst it's no problem for Celtic to get a licence for thousands of "safe standing" places despite fines from UEFA for crowd issues at a rate of more than one every season.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

There's a certain irony in QP fighting for a couple of hundred standing places whilst it's no problem for Celtic to get a licence for thousands of "safe standing" places despite fines from UEFA for crowd issues at a rate of more than one every season.

Any club that wants to install a safe standing area in Scotland needs to apply for the appropriate permits, so why you believe QP should be afforded special privileges is beyond me.

I'm sure your sugar daddy Haughey could pull a few strings given his connections.

He moves in the same circles as Lawwell. 😃😃

Edited by Charliechurch

1 hour ago, Charliechurch said:

Any club that wants to install a safe standing area in Scotland needs to apply for the appropriate permits, so why you believe QP should be afforded special privileges is beyond me.

I'm sure your sugar daddy Haughey could pull a few strings given his connections.

He moves in the same circles as Lawwell. 😃😃

Pondering over things that are beyond you will only give you a sore head, Charlie.