Queen's Park 2020/21

15 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Sadly Salim seems to have his eyes on a move elsewhere with agents involved. 

Happy about McLean. Like you said, he’s dangerous and ghosts past players on the wing. Wee shame if Salim leaves. Only benefit is Jolene won’t be played after we score. Worst fitbaw celebration song I’ve heard at a game. 😂

37 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Ross McLean has re-signed. Quite happy with that, only slight doubt is that he seems to have spent a fair bit of time injured over last couple years so hope he can get a clear run as he looked dangerous in the games that he played.

That is great news on McLean. Real danger man. I think Salim would have had to play second fiddle to McHugh if he stayed and we continued to play one up front. McHugh is a class act at our level. Good luck to Sal.

1 hour ago, Spider Rico said:

Ross McLean has re-signed. Quite happy with that, only slight doubt is that he seems to have spent a fair bit of time injured over last couple years so hope he can get a clear run as he looked dangerous in the games that he played.

Great that's up to 7 players now.

Bring back the Tennent's sixes!

1 hour ago, NathanQP said:

What position does he play?

Centre mid. Scored against us at Broadwood the season before last. Don't know an awful lot about him as a player other than that. 

Centre mid. Scored against us at Broadwood the season before last. Don't know an awful lot about him as a player other than that. 

Well if he's anything like his brother then he’ll be a good signing. Time will tell. Would be good to see some defenders being signed as well.

24 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Had a look at the Clyde forum on here and they are suggesting the club pull out all the stops to try and keep him.

If we want any of Clyde's players, we'll quite simply take them. 

Delighted to see Maclean sign on again, made a big impact on the wing and from what I’ve seen of him, it’s relieved a bit of pressure off Galt to be the main and only source of width and pace. Hopefully he stays injury free 

Edited by qpfc

On 29/06/2020 at 12:51, williebraveheart said:

That is great news on McLean. Real danger man. I think Salim would have had to play second fiddle to McHugh if he stayed and we continued to play one up front. McHugh is a class act at our level. Good luck to Sal.

Regarding Sa,l my brother who lives in Bathgate and supports Livingstone, has just told me that he hears that Sal is on trial there.

Regarding Sa,l my brother who lives in Bathgate and supports Livingstone, has just told me that he hears that Sal is on trial there.
I've been thinking recently that I'd be pretty disappointed to see Sal go as I didn't think there were many teams, even in the championship, that would be able to give him a better offer than us. However, if it's true that he has a chance to go to Livi and play in the Premiership and earn Premiership money, then I certainly would never grudge him that.
Obviously I'd love him to stay, but if he moves to Livi I hope it works out for him and he is successful there.

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:

I've been thinking recently that I'd be pretty disappointed to see Sal go as I didn't think there were many teams, even in the championship, that would be able to give him a better offer than us. However, if it's true that he has a chance to go to Livi and play in the Premiership and earn Premiership money, then I certainly would never grudge him that.
Obviously I'd love him to stay, but if he moves to Livi I hope it works out for him and he is successful there.

Replacement for Dykes?

On 27/06/2020 at 22:48, Glasgow1999 said:

if the vote had gone the other way, those who lost would be posting comments regularly and demanding another vote. 

Nonsense.

First of all,  it was never going to go the other way once the members were informed how it was going to be funded. That was the only sticking point for a lot of those on the fence. If it had then I would have certainly posted my opinion but I wouldn't have demanded another vote or still be rambling on about it seven months later. 

I would also have continued to support the club, whatever league we ended up playing in.   

Edited by Mick1867

Us to the Premier is a massive jump for Sal. Can't fault the guy for taking the chance if he's offered full time football though. Nice lad and he certainly did a turn for us, developing into a real handful.  I'd like to hope that he could still be back with us.

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

Nonsense.

First of all,  it was never going to go the other way once the members were informed how it was going to be funded. That was the only sticking point for a lot of those on the fence. If it had then I would have certainly posted my opinion but I wouldn't have demanded another vote or still be rambling on about it seven months later. 

I would also have continued to support the club, whatever league we ended up playing in.   

I think if you look back, people were posting on this forum comments about going for another vote and how soon that could happen.