Queen's Park 2020/21

Couldnt agree with this more. Mid-table mediocrity in League 2 won't get folk through the door unfortunately, but the board are undoubtedly making all the right noises and seem to know what they're about!

Excited for the prospects of the Club. Obvious tinge of regret at the stadium move and change of status but there's no point being the most principled team in the lowland league - onwards and upwards! 
As for the crowds - there's definitely space to position us as the southside 'alternative' team. The best way to get punters through the door is probably success on the park tho - it's what got me going regularly in 99. 

On 23/06/2020 at 20:12, Glasgow1999 said:

Whenever the season starts I will not be there. This is a completely different club now who are no longer the under dogs, instead most games will now be favourites due to budget. Seeing the young player of the season signing for another club sums it all up really. It will not be long until a team is fielded with no experience of playing at ameuter level, which will be a further sad day for me if no one else.

Many moons ago, we decided to remain amateur.  That gave us a certain cachet amongst football fans on a global scale, but what it did do was consign us to the lowest level of Scottish football, give or take a few years, for a century.  The landscape of football at our level has changed immeasurably over the past couple of years.  Without changing, we'd be the next Shire. 

We seem to be producing guys that can play at the very highest level.  The change in status means that we can perhaps hang onto them and get a couple of years out of them in the first team, rather than them being ghosted away at age 14 for no reward.  We are signing guys from the Juniors and the amateurs at the moment.  The trick will be, for them and us, to turn them into players who can compete at a decent level.  Sal has been to a few clubs and went back to a low level of Juniors and was a star after we took him on board.  It can be done.  The whole professional thing will settle down.  We have a youth set up that is pretty much on the money (no pun intended).  Other teams bring kids through and we can do the same.  We can't go out an continue to flash the cash.

Hopefully the club can sort a section where folk who want to make a bit of noise can sit in the same area. Important that we try to get an atmosphere going from day one. 

The section nearest the bar looks ideal and we could ideally make that the traditional end to shoot towards in the second half. 

Hopefully the club can sort a section where folk who want to make a bit of noise can sit in the same area. Important that we try to get an atmosphere going from day one. 
The section nearest the bar looks ideal and we could ideally make that the traditional end to shoot towards in the second half. 

Surely you won’t have a designated seat and you can sit where you want. Still unsure on a standing area, is it worth contacting the club to ask about this?

56 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

Surely you won’t have a designated seat and you can sit where you want. Still unsure on a standing area, is it worth contacting the club to ask about this?

Possibly not, but we do need to find a way of maximising atmosphere. That won't happen with folk sitting in pockets. Of course, we may not have that immediate option depending on where the world is with social distancing etc. 

16 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Exciting times with the new ground

Can’t see it clearly on the plans but has the suggested standing area not made it into the final design?

A good friend of mine tells me that there are rules and regulations regarding standing areas .Anyone  who is a member (I'm not) should ask for them to be clarified at the AGM

Possibly not, but we do need to find a way of maximising atmosphere. That won't happen with folk sitting in pockets. Of course, we may not have that immediate option depending on where the world is with social distancing etc. 

Well if you have to choose your seat, hopefully we can have an option to choose where you want to sit and therefore current groups won’t be separated.

On 24/06/2020 at 01:11, Mick1867 said:

...and yet here you are. Still reading QP threads, still posting about QP and obviously still taking an interest in what is happening at QP

I do hope you find something else that can lift your spirits on a Saturday afternoon as you sound pretty miserable right now . The Caledonian League might be an option for you.  Best of luck.   

Lots of people become unhappy with their club. I am certain if the vote had gone the other way, those who lost would be posting comments regularly and demanding another vote. So, I don't think it's strange that someone who was on the actual losing side continues to post. No other team for me, going to games just a happy memory, not been or returning since the change in status.

16 minutes ago, Glasgow1999 said:

Think you are really missing the point.

I think he gets it ok. Just doesn't understand why you cant move on. The vote wasn't even close, what are you trying to achieve by being on this fan site anymore. As you say your not a fan of our club in its new modern guise.

37 minutes ago, Glasgow1999 said:

Think you are really missing the point.

I get the point fine. You're raging that the overwhelming majority of the membership and wider support disagreed with you. You're now trying, and failing spectacularly, to pish on a general enthusiasm that probably hasn't been seen around the club during most, if not all, of our lifetimes. 

2 hours ago, an86 said:

I get the point fine. You're raging that the overwhelming majority of the membership and wider support disagreed with you. You're now trying, and failing spectacularly, to pish on a general enthusiasm that probably hasn't been seen around the club during most, if not all, of our lifetimes. 

So all the talk about the players really being paid, the 10 cup wins, all the major innovations made by the club was all meaningless and no one supported the team for these reasons?

I don't believe my opinions will affect anyones enthusiasm for change?

The idea of this forum is to allow expressions of opinion and as someone who watched the team for over 40 years I believe my very small minority views can be tolerated?

3 hours ago, Glasgow1999 said:

So all the talk about the players really being paid, the 10 cup wins, all the major innovations made by the club was all meaningless and no one supported the team for these reasons?

I don't believe my opinions will affect anyones enthusiasm for change?

The idea of this forum is to allow expressions of opinion and as someone who watched the team for over 40 years I believe my very small minority views can be tolerated?

Generally find people support teams for a very narrow number of reasons. Living locally, family, moving to the area etc. There will obviously be a minority of other reasons, but I don't think we've ever been any different from any other team in terms of the reason that people support us. 

No, your opinions certainly won't affect anyone. I just don't understand why you continue to tell people that you're not interested and won't be back. If you're not interested, then why bother? 

I'm not arguing about your right to be heard, nor am I not tolerating your view. As I said, I just find your stance strange, considering you're not bothered anymore. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Generally find people support teams for a very narrow number of reasons. Living locally, family, moving to the area etc. There will obviously be a minority of other reasons, but I don't think we've ever been any different from any other team in terms of the reason that people support us. 

No, your opinions certainly won't affect anyone. I just don't understand why you continue to tell people that you're not interested and won't be back. If you're not interested, then why bother? 

I'm not arguing about your right to be heard, nor am I not tolerating your view. As I said, I just find your stance strange, considering you're not bothered anymore. 

You dont lose forty odd years of supporting a team overnight. Many on this forum often report they will not return to games until something happens, like a manager leaving. They still have an interest due to their previous involvement. For me to be a supporter and to go to having no interest is unrealistic.

Some may have supported the club because they lived locally, but I dont believe this covers everyone. If you really wanted to win leagues and trophies other teams would be better options. Now it is hoped that new people will support as there should be more success on the pitch. I at first travelled from kilmarnock when I could because of the heritage and values of the club, when obviously I had more local teams I could follow. 

I was not regular in recent years for a variety of reasons and have not been to an away game for a while. So, I will not be a great loss in terms of money and outdated opinions.

Ross McLean has re-signed. Quite happy with that, only slight doubt is that he seems to have spent a fair bit of time injured over last couple years so hope he can get a clear run as he looked dangerous in the games that he played.

Sadly Salim seems to have his eyes on a move elsewhere with agents involved.