Sign in to follow this  
Ludo*1

Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Surely Mickey Mellon isn't a real person.

Is he not an Stan Lee character: mild mannered shelf stacker in the fruit section of Walmart by day, yellow bedecked crime fighter by night? 

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He's just got Tranmere demoted to a lower division, not a major selling point for a newly promoted club I'd have thought. Great name though.

Tbf, that's on the back of two successive promotions. 

Mellon wouldn't be my preferred candidate but there's something to be said for a guy with 550 games as a manager doing a largely successful job in the lower leagues in England. My concern would be that he won't really know the Scottish game or the standard of player required in the Premiership (although that may be less significant with the structure at United). When Ivan Golac came in his first signing was his captain from Torquay, Chris Myers, this was into a club that had Billy McKinlay, Jim McInally and Dave Bowman already playing in midfield. Myers was miles off the standard of the other players already at the club and nowhere near good enough for the Premier League.

Edited by Pull My Strings

QUOTES BY MICKY MELLON | A-Z Quotes

Fantastic New Game - Micky Mellon Interview Bingo | blue-and-amber

Should be good for a few quotes. He's apparently known for some daft sayings.

Tbf, that's on the back of two successive promotions. 
Mellon wouldn't be my preferred candidate but there's something to be said for a guy with 550 games as a manager doing a largely successful job in the lower leagues in England. My concern would be that he won't really know the Scottish game or the standard of player required in the Premiership (although that may be less significant with the structure at United). When Ivan Golac came in his first signing was his captain from Torquay, Chris Myers, this was into a club that had Billy McKinlay, Jim McInally and Dave Bowman already playing in midfield. Myers was miles off the standard of the other players already at the club and nowhere near good enough for the Premier League.
Suppose that risk could be mitigated somewhat by an assistant with experience of the Scottish game.

I'm veering between a Daly Robson dream team and someone with no connection to the club to avoid tarnishing two of my favourite players of the last 15 years.

I’m gonna be £105 richer if Micky Mellon is appointed as Dundee United manager. If it happens, I’d go as far as to say that I might develop something of a soft spot for Dundee United. Times are hard.

57 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

QUOTES BY MICKY MELLON | A-Z Quotes

Fantastic New Game - Micky Mellon Interview Bingo | blue-and-amber

Should be good for a few quotes. He's apparently known for some daft sayings.

He's from Paisley, they have previous for that sort of thing 😉

31 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

He's from Paisley, they have previous for that sort of thing 😉

A lot of daft things happen in Paisley. Here are some really daft examples of penalty taking.:)

20 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Put 50p on Gary Holt with skybet so i'm sure they'll cut him to from 33/1 to 11/10 now.

Last chance to bet on a 33/1 nap before the odds go tumbling, you know it people!

7 minutes ago, FTOF said:

A lot of daft things happen in Paisley. Here are some really daft examples of penalty taking.:)

That was deliberate as Neilson realised he wouldn't get back to Hearts unless he romped the Championship!

8 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Regardless of who gets the job here, there's already one true winner - McBookie.

Who's a member here I believe. 

Can't see Micky leaving the England League to come to this tinpot, fisherman league where me nan would be top scorer.

What a pity. 

5 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

An anagram of Micky Mellon is 'lick my lemon', I can exclusively reveal.

Sweet!

18 hours ago, ArabFC said:

In this case it would be like me turning down a job at McDonalds, because first choice, Gordon Ramsay, had turned them down.

Poor example - Mclaren ain't no Gordon Ramsay.  It would be more like being 2nd choice to Fat Dave at Burger King.